AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Russia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Russia   Russia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 11:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Do you think that what is going on in Russia at present will have any adverse effects on Bulgaria and their people
What do the forum members think ? Russia - Page 2 3367882216
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Russia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia   Russia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:55 pm

:Thank you:Admin Russia - Page 2 3356871870
“We are against half-hearted sanctions. Such sanctions would be to the detriment of Bulgaria because they are in place over a long period. So, it is better not to have sanctions. The government must implement the decisions it has itself made at the European Council. We must endeavour to act as mediators for a swift settlement of this crisis. In power generation the risks are biggest, followed by tourism and I don’t mean just the revenues from tourism. Because American, Russian and who knows whose battleships are traversing the sea. And when the tourists see them, will they feel at their ease, I wonder? So, the entire region is in a difficult situation.”
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

Russia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia   Russia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 3:24 pm

China's top envoy to Germany has warned the West against punishing Russia with sanctions for its intervention in Ukraine, saying such measures could lead to a dangerous chain reaction that would be difficult to control. Can you Imagine |Russia and China together and the power they have?
Back to top Go down
Dobrich
Junior user
Junior user
Dobrich

Russia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia   Russia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 8:17 am

Putin is waiting. I believe his next major moves will be during the elections in May. He will try to disrupt them by another land grab in the eastern area. I think his follow on moves after that will be to take all of the Eastern Ukraine right up to the Dniepr river, including its capital city, Kiev, the majority of that city at least which lies on the east bank. Then it would be anyone's guess, but my opinion is that he would be a total fool to take the rest of the country. Though strong, his army is in no way fit enough to take on the swarm of Ukrainian guerrillas that would appear. Also, he has to guard against China, which has its eyes on Siberia.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Senior user
Senior user
Fletch

Russia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia   Russia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 1:45 pm

Booking for holidays in Bulgaria are already down, agents in Russia are saying reasons being that most Russians drive through the Ukrain and also the exchange rate against the Ruble.

I doubt if Russia would move onto the Ukrain at the moment, I would fear more if I lived in Transnistria, with a population of less than half a million mostly Russian speaking and already with a Russian army base of 1,200 soldiers, as they say softly softly and gain.
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

Russia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia   Russia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 5:57 pm

I think your right Fletch the Russians need to be very carful here but as you say softly softly.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

Russia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia   Russia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:19 am

An agreement sees signatories promise to protect Ukraine's borders It was signed by Bill Clinton, John Major, Boris Yeltsin and Leonid Kuchma in 1994 Ukrainian parliament has now reached out directly to all the countries who signed the treaty. Putin currently has 150,000 troops on Ukraine's borders and it is reported some have crossed into the country. President Obama says he is 'deeply concerned' by the news The US and Britain have both made 'crisis calls' to President Putin to warn him to respect territorial boundaries. So what are the choices? Living up to the treaty would be a disaster because Russia thinks Crimea is theirs and they would go to any lengths to get it back. Just letting them have it would encourage more incursions into other old soviet republics. Rearming Ukraine with nukes would be interesting but couldn't be done in time.
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

Russia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia   Russia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:32 am

This really does have the potential to turn into a war with Russia, because of that treaty, but dont sweat people polititions very rarely keep their word Russia - Page 2 1865348797 If it does kick off we all have to rely on the yanks to cover our asses. UK forces have been cut to the bone, and what we do send out there is very likely to be smashed by the russians. They have massive numbers as always. We should stay the hell out of it, if we dont our casualties will be huge. I just pray that they sort it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Russia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia   Russia - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Russia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2