altText
altText

Meeting other members

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
justbazz1

Meeting other members - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've not long returned home from a 500 and something km trip to pay a visit with some great forum members..Mr and Mrs Eq.
It was a very pleasant drive through very interesting countryside and the welcome at the other end was great. I have another, much longer trip planned for the coming weekend..this time the family are coming along and we will stay away for a couple of nights. After more than six years here, working, building, planning etc, I realised that I hadn't really seen as much of this amazing country as I should have, so now that I have a bit more free time, I'm going to get out and about. If I plan a visit to your area, I will be letting you know beforehand so that a meet up might be possible..we are independent travellers and will never require beds for the night, meals or entertainment, but a chat over a coffee or tea would be great. Sometimes, just putting a face to a name is enough.

Coming to a coffee shop near you soon.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 11:41 am

I thought Sara had her own account (Equinus) or are we talking about different people.

Now I'm definitely confused as I just looked and Equinus is a 'Male' and signs off as Sara.
Maybe I should just go back to bed and hibernate for the winter then see if there has been any changes in the spring.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Phil-H wrote:
I thought Sara had her own account (Equinus) or are we talking about different people.

I believe they are both sharing one (Equinus) account and sometimes it's Dave that posts, and other times Sara!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Chris wrote:
Phil-H wrote:

I believe they are both sharing one (Equinus) account and sometimes it's Dave that posts, and other times Sara!

Chris is correct - the account was origgnally set up by me (Mr EQ (Dave), but Mrs EQ (Sara) does most posting, but if I write anything I sign it Mr Eq (Dave).

If we both write a post together we will ensure to sign it Mr &
Mrs Eq [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry for the confusion
[size=200:2j761f03]
MR EQ - DAVE
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:08 pm

Yes Dave..she just loves it! I think I might have scored a few 'brownie points' with it.
Thanks again to you and Sara for a very enjoyable visit..the rhubarbs have been repotted and seem to be doing ok.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Made a cherry almond cake today with some of the cherries you brought over Bazz, lovely it is, a chesrry in every bite possibly due to them being a bit smaller than the UK's.

Sara T
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:34 pm

I guess that means a 'standing order' for each time I visit..so long as you save a slice for me, I won't mind. Did you try the icing sugar?

Off on the mystery visit early tomorrow morning so won't be available all day..hopefully I can use wi-fi in that region.

With luck and the grace of 'you know who', I may have some photos to post when I get back..thanks to Chris and Ashley!!
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 6:41 pm

One of the best way's to meet and greet expats is to visit the Silistra Orphanage each year.

By Monday Berni should receive a CD with 100 photo'son it.

Other years I have taken photos of dancing, activities and sideshows etc, but this year you will see that most of the photo's are of Berni with the many expats and Dignitaries who attended also capturing the moments with Orphanage staff. g

It is certainly a good meeting place and you can put face to an avatar. Coming back on the plane earlier this week two different ladies came up to me and said I saw you at the Orphanage party last month and the other remembered me from the previous year

Hopefully the photo's will be down loaded on the forum very soon T
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Yep, I can see how that makes sense Willow, but in my case that means a 1000km return trip, with all the expenses to go with it! Up until recently I wasn't able to spare that sort of time or money..as much as I wanted to be involved. Some forum members have to travel a bit further than I do and may have animals or pets to consider (like I do), so a 3 or 4 day absence isn't always possible.
Back to top Go down
Kazbegi
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:30 pm

Wow. What a fantastic painting Meeting other members - Page 2 2706089290
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 7:21 am

Kazbegi wrote:
Wow. What a fantastic painting Meeting other members - Page 2 2706089290

That's very kind, thank you. T

Dave
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 8:40 am

oddball wrote:
WOW!!!!!!!! What an amazing drwing - well done Mr Eq this is just fantatic!!! Meeting other members - Page 2 2706089290 H

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I say, i wonder who he is visiting next week, quick lock your doors, windows and gates Meeting other members - Page 2 2581928987 Meeting other members - Page 2 3367882216 Meeting other members - Page 2 2032457431 The miind boggles :Shocked:Whoever it is have a great trip c

oh heck Meeting other members - Page 2 3135333095 Will you look who is trying to get through our gates Meeting other members - Page 2 3671290933 Meeting other members - Page 2 3671290933 Yes Bazz Meeting other members - Page 2 2581928987

Look what I bought
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:33 am

He made it then! Meeting other members - Page 2 570106603 I hope you will all be very happy Berni! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sara
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Congrats. Dougie looks well pleased!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Nice motor hope you will all be happy together. Meeting other members - Page 2 739492727
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Ok, the secret is out..I've been up visiting with Berni and Dougie for a day or so. Great trip and a great time..now, where can I go next?..and who will I surprise?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting other members   Meeting other members - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting other members

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next