Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Can anyone recommend a good dried dog food available in the VT region? Our pampered pooches are turning their delicate snouts up at whatever we try them on. We now have little of their old stuff to mix with new to encourage them. Have tried adding tinned food but they don't like that either. The only thing that tempts them is chicken....and one is a labrador. I don't think it's the weather, they are always asking for food. They are both losing a bit of weight (no bad thing)

Also a vet who understands the British and their pet dogs.

Thanks

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Mrs E check with Itchy, he might be able to suggest someone in that area.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 7:05 pm

most vets should have royal canin dried foods, also its good to have royal canin recovery, its for dogs that are not eating or recovering from illness. full of vitamins and my dogs cant get enough of it even when they are fit and well. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] H
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 8:25 pm

we use dried food from Lidl super market and the foils of meat for dogs from there too and our dogs are fine on it. I have to admit though if there is human food on offer they will soon eat it and as for a chicken well they think it is their birthday
your dogs have gone through a lot this last few weeks the packing for a move the move it's self and a hot country all thrown in they probably need a little spoiling at the moment that will be chicken all round then [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hope they sort them selves out soon Bless them
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Three dogs seem to have adopted Dougie - One Dougie named a few years back as Rosie. She visits us every time we are at the villa and this the first year she has come close to take food from Dougie's hand he can even stroke her now but she backs off when anyone else is around. Also last year there was a little white pup very lovable and cute, when we went over in May she had her pup with her. He is also lovely and very cute These animals belong to the village but are at our villa all the time now. They go for a few hours then are back again for the night shift. We know when anyone is near they bark like mad and they will not let anyone in either. Anyway I have gone Dog food 3628201804 what I was trying to say was a few days went by and they would not eat anything,not even the food we left over. Something must be wrong so we made them up the baby milk that we had left over and they just loved it. That is all they had for about 2 days also they love natural yogurt. We also feed them on dried food with bread and water. Took them a while to get used the dried food.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 6:29 am

We have a vet in VT who speaks good English. Sanivet clinic just up from Praktiker, opposite the school.
Very clean clinic with three vets who will also work out of hours for an emergency. There is also a small shop attached which sells any amount of food, toys, leads etc.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 am

I can't help with suppliers up your way, but I've found that the larger pet supply shops down here are stocking decent brands such as Belcando, Eukanuba and Royal Canin. My uber fussy Ridgeback will only eat the German made Belcando..and then only if there's no 'real' food on offer.

Not sure if this company is still operating, but 'Zooshop' had a chain of outlets around the main cities some time back. I used them for a couple of years until I found a shop much closer to home.

I just did a google search using 'zooshop bulgaria' and it returned some interesting stuff. It may be helpful...
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:15 am

You could try them on Chicken necks which they sell in Kaufland in the freezer dept called "
wuuku"
make sure they are necks and not skins as they look similar.For 1000kg for 1.59lv and the packaging is yellow and the chicken skins are cheaper so just by price you will know which ones to get as they live next door to each other in the freezer.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:17 am

Sorry did I put 1000kg???? it 's mean't to read 1gk!!!
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:31 am

As I said, my dog is very fussy..she will sit and drool at the thought of chicken but won't come at those necks, no matter how we cook them for her.
I've even mixed them in with leftover table meals..she eats that with much gusto, but leaves the necks.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:25 am

Don't cook them and see if that works as I feed a dog with them no problem un cooked.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:29 am

I've tried that..same result!
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:22 pm

Thanks everyone, will do some research and see if we can get Eukanuba, Belcando or Royal Canin close to home. Don't mind paying more as you use less. And they have a nice picture on the Eukanuba...eh Bazz? I could kick myself for not bringing more of their food out and giving me more time.

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:54 pm

If you like the Eukanuba dog, you're going to love the Belcando one.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:04 pm

There is also a good pet shop near "
The Book Cave"
in VT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog food   Dog food Icon_minitime