altText

We are coming over for 3 months

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: We are coming over for 3 months   We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys

I can't believe what I have done We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 3135333095 but hope it is for the best Angel I have given in my notice at my job where I have been for almost 17 years now and decided that it is time to start living. As you know Dougie has been in Bulgaria for the past 3 months and quite frankly my place is by his side so I took the bull by the horns and made a decision to quit working and go to BG for 3 months - we will be home again for the winter months and if all goes well back again next year for the summer.

It all sounds great but there will be a lot to sort out - I am moving our lorry load of goods for the orphanages and disability centres etc forward to 11 July so I am trying to get everything ready for that. Also organize the Garden Party, goods, raffle, entertainment, etc will be very difficult for me in BG as we have no means of getting internet in our village, but I am sure I will manage with help from our supporters, of course Chris, Bill &
Ashley will be supporting us all the way too. When we come back home we can start all over again with the orphanage collections etc during the winter months.

However, it does not stop there - Nooooooooooooo :We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 3897195628: whilst in BG we will be visiting our new project which is the Glavinicia Disability Home for teenagers age 17 to 26 outside of Silistra. They are in a pretty bad way, we have already collected 30odd large boxes of goods, inc clothes, linen, material, wool, our own microwave, tools, toiletries stationery few computers etc for them and this will give them a good start. I am hoping to get them to help themselves if we can get the tools/materials donated from the local community in Glavinicia but until we visit them, I really don't know how much help they need. The building is a disgrace and it need a lot of work doing. Beds are old and stained and the floors and walls need paint and covering. There seems to be a lack of furniture and such like. I have attached a few photos below so you get the idea of the conditions. Of course if anyone wishes to help us with this project please do let me know.

So there you have it a huge decision. I am so very excited but very nervous at the same time. We have a lot to do in our place yet the roof still needs raising and the garden is never ending. Looking forward to it now and may even get a chance to visit other areas too yepeeeeeeeee c

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: We are coming over for 3 months   We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:50 pm

chrissybg wrote:
I think you may be just a tiny bit happy about this lol
I have to get back to Nikki so what would you like me to say to her. I can tell her to continue and i will get back to her about it all after 14th but as you will be here then she will not be able to contact you by email so shall i just tell her to wait or to be a pilot scheme under the umberela or shall i just work it as it happens but just keep you informed.
H s

Only a tiny bit We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 3135333095 neverrrrrrrrrr We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 2706089290 We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 2706089290 We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 2706089290 We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 2706089290 We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 2706089290 We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 2706089290 We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 2706089290

I have not visited the centre myself yet and to be honest I don't want to get stuck in until we know who we can trust there first. I will bring them the 30 odd boxes of goods we have and then visit a week or so later unannounced, we can then see if the items are being used - We have donated our own mirowave and various other electrical goods for the kitchens - We have to be sure they re being used for the purpose they are given and not going out the back door. Sorry that sounds awful but if they do not comply with our rules than we cannot get involved with them. So if possible can we hold until the visit and when we meet up end of July we can discuss further. You can by all means give Nikki my mobile no to use after 16th July give me a few days to settle in first. also she contact me via the email address on the website or the facebook as I will check every few days.

Thank you so much, assuming all is well we are really looking forward to getting this project set up and running. T T

Thank you so much
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: We are coming over for 3 months   We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:30 am

Well only one more night to go and then I am off to BG to be with my gorgeous man H What was I thinking him in BG and me in the UK :shocked1:We will stay overnight in Varna and then head off to Silistra on Monday - The lorry load has left UK Thursday so should be in Silsitra but Wed or Thursday then we start with the unloading and then distributing all over the place but hopefully that should be done before the end of the month when we meet up with Chrissybg, I am really looking forward to that too. We will be going to Sunny Beach from 2 Aug for a while but not sure how long we can stay it depends on if the roof is done or being done. Then we can relax and get ready for the Garden Party Catn' believe how quickly this will come around. Ashley and Chris will be reminding you all about the Garden Party on Sat 14th Sept we hope to see you guys there.

Right got lots to get sorted here so will get on. I won't have access to the internet much but here is the reminder post and contact details should you find yourself in our area Silistra please give us a call and we can meet for coffee or a visit to the orphanage should you wish.
Will keep you all updated when I can..... Be good and don't miss me too much g c Berni xx

The hotel Vienna has reserved 12 double/studio rooms and 2 single rooms for us for Friday 13th Sept in Silistra the room includes breakfast and evening meal at 5Olev Single and 80lev double per night 11 HAVE BEEN BOOKED ALREADY We are stay in the hotel ourselves too as we all meet up for dinner that night if you would like more info plese inbox or email me thanks Berni If you wish to book direct here is the link to get the discount tell them Dimcho Orphanage [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ser_joined
Silistra Annual Orphanage Garden Party Bulgaria Sat 14th Sept 2013
ХОТЕЛ ВИЕНА - СИЛИСТРА

[color:2kj7uu8j=‪#‎0040BF‬]Come and enjoy the fundraising day at the orphanage with us and many friends, live music, puppet theatre, dancing, singing, raffle, tea coffee, bbq, stalls, kids corner and most of all be there when the children receive the goods from the UK. Look forward to seeing you there Sat 14th Sept 11am
Silistra Annual Orphanage Garden Party
September 14 at 11:00am
Silistra Annual Orphanage Garden Party

Just in case any of your guys are considering coming to the Garden Party here are the directions once you are in Silistra. Hope to see there g

Once in Silistra

Date Sat 14th September
Start time From 11am till evening

Address Dimcho Debelianov Orphanage 3 Albana St Silsitra 7500

TeL: Berni &
Dougie mobile no is 0888 48 7394
Skype Berni Skype: oddball14
Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Directions: Ruse road - follow through on the new road until you get
to the crossroads. Silistra to your left - Shuman to your
right. Turn left follow that through pass KAT office
on your right down the hill, turn left before the traffic
lights. follow road up the hill
and take second left. Orphanage on the hill

Or
head for OMV turn right onto Shuman road up the hill (EON building on your left) over
the traffic lights and turn first right carry on up to the top of the hill turn left where you see the
coloured railings green and yellow. See you there.

Berni &
Dougie
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: We are coming over for 3 months   We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:47 am

Have a safe and happy journey until we meet be safe lots of love from us all H
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: We are coming over for 3 months   We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi Guys

Well we made it to BG as did the lorry with all the goods for the orphanages and various other establishments. All item delivered and everyone happy. We will be visiting the Glavnitza Disability Centre once our translator gets back from hols. We have had a 10 day holiday ourelves to sunny beach for 7 days and also spent 3 days with Chrissybg :Thank you:Chrissy we had fantastic time. Chrissy also gave me a car load of goods for the orphanage and the Garden Party, items she made herself such as the large xmas stocking that will (from next year) replace the shoeboxes and save me a lot of time. Thanks a millon everything is fantastic.

I hope you did not miss me too much and all is well with you guys. I have the internet but only on dongle so it is a matter of as and when I get the signal, as nobody has internet in this area, so glad I can make contact with the outsldie world. We have managed to get satilitte tv, which really there is nothing on apart from news so not worth having. We are getting the roof fixed on Monday decided not to go for the raisiing of the roof - just works out too costly and it would serve no real purpose n te long run. The garden has been spryed with weedkiller but still the weeds are comiing up. A few mor jobs done and now working on plans for the Silistr Garden Party on Sat 14th Sept so hope some of you cn mke it this year.

Signal very slow now so will catch up with you guys when I can.

Berni xxx
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: We are coming over for 3 months   We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:22 am

Hi Bernie,
glad you enjoyed your holiday and hope you soon settle in. We know exactly what you mean about the Globul dongle, we had one initially and it was a real pain in the posterior! Never worked when you really needed it! In the end we asked an ex-pat about internet and it was soon up and running, no satellite dish, just a cable from over the road, and we also get UK TV through the computer free of charge, so well pleased.

I'm afraid it is unlikely we will make it to the garden party. We would not like to leave the dogs alone too long, and if the heat keeps up we wouldn't like to lock them in, it gets so hot in here with the door shut. And we certainly wouldn't want them in the car. Maybe next year we will be able to sort something out. Meanwhile I hope it all goes really well and we are looking forward to photos.

Sara and Dave
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: We are coming over for 3 months   We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:52 am

Sara and Dave you are so right about dogs and weather being hot. We were all set up with a dog /house sitter for these reasons and she has cancelled for personal reasons so we are in difficulty now with getting away with out them.
This holiday has been cancelled and we are looking for an alternative at the moment for the garden party too.
Sorry about your weeds Bernie it seems there is only one way to get rid of them dig dig dig the weeds are still in our garden but few now and that has taken 10 years!
Pleased you had a good time with us Perhaps we should start a link for all visiting each other a field or a spare room to stay in when visiting different areas for a couple of days.
Hope you have got to see the people at the teenagers orphanage Nikki and I are awaiting instruction from you as you said to me you must be in control. All the August holidays will be over soon and we can get back to sorting it out H s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: We are coming over for 3 months   We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Hi Crissy

Oh nooooooo I am so sorry to hear the dogsitter cannot make it, that is awful for you, really hope you find a solution soon. Staying at yours and looking after our doges would have mde Dougie's day, We hd to get back as hey were doing he roof but as it turns out they never turned up said they will be here on Thursday so everything was on hold until the roof is sorted. Then we have to have a tree cutting sessions - trees are too tall nd blocking out the light and also too near the electric cables - the wind blows and the trees bend it won't be long before a real gust of wind knocks the trees over and they will fall on our vill. We asked permission from the owner she said she cannot afford to get a contractor in to do this but we can cut them down but she wants the wood. We just wan the sunlight in.

If you are up this way than do pop in we have plenty of land. Might be an idea to set up a post for dogsitters. c
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: We are coming over for 3 months   We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 5:17 pm

oddball wrote:
Hi Crissy We hd to get back as hey were doing he roof but as it turns out they never turned up said they will be here on Thursday so everything was on hold until the roof is sorted. Then we have to have a tree cutting sessions - trees are too tall nd blocking out the light and also too near the electric cables - the wind blows and the trees bend it won't be long before a real gust of wind knocks the trees over and they will fall on our vill. We asked permission from the owner she said she cannot afford to get a contractor in to do this but we can cut them down but she wants the wood. We just wan the sunlight in.

You sound as though you have both been busy Berni - are you still here in BG? Are you staying for the Winter?

We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 1675110159
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: We are coming over for 3 months   We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 10:33 pm

HI Itchy

Yes we are still here was due to go back end of Sept but deided to stay now until 1st Dec. Dougie wants to stay here for winter but to be honest our villla is not set up for winter. We have no heating upstairs and only the wood burner down stairs - We would be trapped in the village dring he wonter months as they tell me the snow is about 6 or 8ft hgh. Plus we need to get the items sorted and packed up for the orphanages but much earlier next year. We intend coming back 1st April until Dec but see how it goes. Got a building project to do at our villa next year.

Dougie :Hearts:it here.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: We are coming over for 3 months   We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 8:00 am

oddball wrote:
HI Itchy

Yes we are still here was due to go back end of Sept but deided to stay now until 1st Dec. Dougie wants to stay here for winter but to be honest our villla is not set up for winter. We have no heating upstairs and only the wood burner down stairs - We would be trapped in the village dring he wonter months as they tell me the snow is about 6 or 8ft hgh. Plus we need to get the items sorted and packed up for the orphanages but much earlier next year. We intend coming back 1st April until Dec but see how it goes. Got a building project to do at our villa next year.

Dougie :Hearts:it here.

Very wise not to stay here if you are not set up for it Berni - perhaps with a few additions for heating you could stay next year. I have spent most of my time this year setting up our house in preparation for the forthcoming Winter and very much hope that my hard work has payed off. Although we have central heating I have just finished placing a pechka in our kitchen and that has become another education on something Bulgarian. They do these things naturally and have oodles of knowledge on how to cope in the winters here. I have also put swathes of polystyrene on the outside of the house to keep us warm . . . another education!!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: We are coming over for 3 months   We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 9:53 am

Good Morning all
I AM BACK did you miss me We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 3367882216 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well here we are back in the UK again after spending a fantastic 5 months Bulgaria, shame we had to come home really We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 927475117 Dougie wanted to stay but unfortunately we are not set up in our villa for winter. maybe next year.

The deliver of the 17 pallets went well - all the organizations came and collected the goods on the same day apart from VT area but I managed to send the goods to them via friends at the Garden Party.

The Garden Party went well and we raised a massive 2228 lev which will go toward a holiday for both Dimcho and Malek orphanages (now I just need to find a donor who will take around 60 children and 10 adults Angel so wish me luck or if you know of anyone who can help. please let me know.

We also visited the new project the Glavinitiza Teenager Disability Center see updates here. We have had a breakthrough as we met with the Deputy Governor of Silistra and our letter for help has now been passed on to the Social Services so the first thing they will do is try to find the teenagers a new building then in April we will all visit and see what help we can offer. So please God it will be all good new there.

We are settling back into life here I have already started to collect goods for the Glavinitiza project several boxes full already. Our biggest problem now is how we are going to pay for the transport - normally it take me all year to raise the funds for transport, now I only have 4 months to and our first fundraiser has been cancelled We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 794030042 But hey God is good and we will work very hard ourselves too.

So I see you have all been getting on with life and enjoying yourselves We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 3386807041 that is good news. Also see we have many new members which is fab! I have missed you all too. I am catching up bit by bit. Soon I will have the Orphanage Newsletter ready so you can see for yurselves how things went. We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 570106603 It's great to have a full computer system again - Dongle ok but slow.

Have a good day and it is good to be back. We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 1995268642 Berni
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: We are coming over for 3 months   We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 10:14 am

Hiya Berni. We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 3386807041 Happy to hear things are going well and you have arrived back safely. :Great:We've missed you too!

You'll be so busy organising funds and transport, as well as catching up with friends and family, time will fly and you and Dougie will be winging your way back to the sun before you know it. s

Sara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We are coming over for 3 months   We are coming over for 3 months - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We are coming over for 3 months

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2