altText

electrical dilemma

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

electrical dilemma Empty
PostSubject: electrical dilemma   electrical dilemma Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:49 pm

I have gone through more kettles than i care to mention. they either wont boil by clicking off too early, or just die or wont turn off, or even switch on whenever they feel like it. electrical dilemma 794030042
my latest kettle is 4 weeks old, when one week old it would not boil, so we took it back to technopolis, who tested it on their electrics and guess what it worked fine. electrical dilemma 794030042
our friend, who is an electrian came down to check our electrics, which were fine. so carried on trying to use our irratic new kettle. three weeks later, whenever you put this kettle on it blows the whole electrics, everything off. electrical dilemma 794030042
our electrician friend came down, tried the kettle in every plug inside and outside the house and the kettle blew the electrics everytime. electrical dilemma 794030042
this pointed to the rcd box, the residual current device, the trip box. this kettle trips the box everytime it is used. our friend took the kettle to his home and it works fine, because he does not have a rcd box.
As the rcd is a safety feature i am not keen to remove it, but that means i cannot have a kettle because the rcd detects it as being unsafe. how do i explain to technopolis that they need to sell kettles that are rcd approved. electrical dilemma 794030042 electrical dilemma 794030042 electrical dilemma 794030042
so here i am boiling water in a pan for my beloved cup of coffee. electrical dilemma 2032457431 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
anyone else had this problem. electrical dilemma 2345823347
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

electrical dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: electrical dilemma   electrical dilemma Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Ah poor love - hope you get it sorted soon. We have problems with kettles have gone through 4 already but it appears that it is due to the water there is too much lime in the water and kettles just stop. Have now got a kettle you put on the gas as a back up.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

electrical dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: electrical dilemma   electrical dilemma Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 7:14 am

we had this prob once..it appears it was the socket we were using .....its in another socket and alls fine !!!
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

electrical dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: electrical dilemma   electrical dilemma Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 7:35 am

this kettle blows in all sockets, wall sockets, floor sockets, outside sockets and the car port sockets. we have one socket that needs replacing and that is now disconnected. electrical dilemma 794030042
going to put the pan on for a cup of coffee. primative. electrical dilemma 2032457431 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

electrical dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: electrical dilemma   electrical dilemma Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 9:13 am

Yes we had the same problems too we were going through kettles like they were going out of fashion. If you have a surge protector for your computer try the kettle in that socket it may help
We buy our kettles from karthland supermarket now they are small light and 20 lev and that helps too
It doesn't pay to bring electrical goods into the country either. Bulgarian goods are made for the electrics here and if you see goods made for the english market but being sold here don't go thinking they are better they are not we were fooled with that one too and with in a week an expencive kettle was in the bin.
Enjoy your coffee electrical dilemma 511078427
Back to top Go down
will666
Senior user
Senior user
will666

electrical dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: electrical dilemma   electrical dilemma Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 9:18 am

We had a problem like this a few years ago and were told that it was due to too small a gauge of wire being used in the walls, any time anything with that load used a socket it popped the trip switch, any socket in the house did it, the kettle was 3000w , We got a £4 asda 1000W one and it didnt do it any more but it did take about 5 minutes to boil
Back to top Go down
http://www.my-bulgarian-house-renovation.com
Sponsored content

electrical dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: electrical dilemma   electrical dilemma Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

electrical dilemma

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1