altText

Electrical and electronics?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

Electrical and electronics? Empty
PostSubject: Electrical and electronics?   Electrical and electronics? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 12:35 am

If you need a new computer is it better to buy one when you get to Bulgaria or in the UK to bring with you? Are all the same models available, and the same warranties, or is the quality and cover any different? What about Televisions?

Are all white goods cheaper and again, are the same brands sold in BG? We bought an Ariston washer in Turkey that certainly cost less than we'd have paid at home, is this comparable with BG?

What about Broadband, ISP's, viewing packages etc and WiFi hotspots? Are there a lot of differences and what do members recommend? Would any of it affect the type or spec of laptop for instance, to choose? My old Sony desktop that I'm typing this on is nearing the end of it's life and I'm looking at an Asus laptop from ebuyer to replace it, but wondering whether it's better to wait and buy in BG?

Appologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, I've looked but couldn't see a thread about it.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Electrical and electronics?   Electrical and electronics? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 6:59 am

Hi fruitlover

Certainly in the larger towns there are stores for computers / electrical goods.

For instance, "
technomarket"
is one of the largest and stock all the brand names you would recognise.

You can check out the prices on their web site:
[url:1fwl0aa6]http:
//www.
technomarket.
bg/[/url:1fwl0aa6]

Which is now in English (good for them, it wasn't last time I looked!)

I've bought goods there myself on many occasions (washer, dryer, tv, hoover), and not had any problems.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Electrical and electronics?   Electrical and electronics? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:45 am

We've bought a few items from technomarket in VT. We purchased a freezer on a Sunday at 1pm,
and it was delivered to our door 15km away by 3pm at no extra cost. Not bad service! s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Electrical and electronics?   Electrical and electronics? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 10:04 am

Scunnered wrote:
We've bought a few items from technomarket in VT. We purchased a freezer on a Sunday at 1pm,
and it was delivered to our door 15km away by 3pm at no extra cost. Not bad service! s

That is just fantastic! 5 days to deliver anything here in the UK apart from food shopping. s
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Electrical and electronics?   Electrical and electronics? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 3:07 pm

oddball wrote:
Scunnered wrote:

That is just fantastic! 5 days to deliver anything here in the UK apart from food shopping. s

5 days your very lucky Bernie Electrical and electronics? 3135333095 if I buy anything that needs to be delivered its at least 10 days and then I need my great great granny to sign for it Electrical and electronics? 3998065313
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Electrical and electronics?   Electrical and electronics? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:39 pm

Thankyou Chris, very useful link! I'm using a Macbook just now so if I can find a currency converter in Dashboard that shows Bulgarian Lev I shall be able to make direct comparisons. Not being a techie makes it's all mystifying and hard work, I'll probably end up doing sums on paper because of not knowing how to find what I need! (I bet this Macbook can do a hundred things I'll never know about, if nobody tells me)
Back to top Go down
Pavingslabsbg
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Electrical and electronics?   Electrical and electronics? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:47 pm

This is a useful currancy converter,but it does vary from bank to bank here in BG. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Good luck with your purchases,we have also found Technomarket very good and quick to deal with warranty issues! g
Back to top Go down
http://pavingslabsbg.com/
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Electrical and electronics?   Electrical and electronics? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 6:26 am

fruitlover wrote:
Thankyou Chris, very useful link! I'm using a Macbook just now so if I can find a currency converter in Dashboard

Here's one I use in my Mac dashboard:
[url:1j7dey8j]http:
//www.
apple.
com/downloads/dashboard/calculate_convert/currencyconverter_palplesoftware.
html[/url:1j7dey8j]

Click on the link above.

Then click 'Download' near the top of the screen.

When it's finished downloading you'll get a message "
Do you want to install the Widget in the Dashboard"
(or something similar). Click on 'OK' or Install.

When it opens in your Dashboard, click 'keep'.

This has lots of currencies, including leva.
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Electrical and electronics?   Electrical and electronics? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:54 am

Wow that's brilliant Chris, thankyou so much! Done in seconds!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Electrical and electronics?   Electrical and electronics? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 6:24 pm

fruitlover wrote:
Wow that's brilliant Chris, thankyou so much! Done in seconds!

You're most welcome!
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Electrical and electronics?   Electrical and electronics? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:58 am

We also have an Apple Macbook and use the Dashboard for currency exchange rates, brilliant to use and doesn't upset anything else on the screen.

c c c c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electrical and electronics?   Electrical and electronics? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electrical and electronics?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1