Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Beleifs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Beleifs   Beleifs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:30 am

First topic message reminder :

I wonder how many of us who approaching or are in the Winter of our years fear the inevetable out come!I for one have never been a religeous person in as much as going to church on a regular basis and believing in a religeous system. Having said that my wife convinced me to go to a spiritualist meeting one Thursday evening about five years ago in Felixstowe in Suffolk where I used to live.Having an open mind I decided that I would go thinking of the entertainment value if nothing else. We sat that and this medium came on after the lords prayer and a hymn had been sung.The medium had travelled from Essex and sat down on a chair which was placed on the stage in front of us.She started to talk about life in general and mentioned that she was disabled saying that her disability seem to be soothed when she entered the spiritual church . All of a sudden she looked at this chap and started to give him names and events that had happend in his life which proved to be accurate. She mentioned that his father had used his trouser belt on him across his posterior in a draconian way as punishment to which the man had said this was true.After a while she breathed slowly and to my shock her eyes fell on me and said "
Why am I seeing a policeman?"
I stuttered a bit and said "
Because I am a policeman"
! She then asked who "
Ted"
was and I told her it was my father who died in 1964 of cancer.She then told me that he is sorry for strapping you with a belt which he did on many occasion. Her accuracy was unpresidented as she spoke of my mother and mentioned my sister who ahd recently died along with a couple of uncles who I was close to.
Now I thought about this and rolled it around in my mind what had happend that evening and tried to rationalise what had taken place. There was no answer to this apart from there must be life after death and since that evening I have understood why we are here!Perhaps to learn lessons and this is school in a way.

What do you believe?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Beleifs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beleifs   Beleifs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Good discussion going on here, by all means discuss the various religions, beliefs both ancient and modern but please do not be disrespectful to any other person's religion or belief. I know we all have different views but they can be discussed in a manner that won't offend others. g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

Beleifs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beleifs   Beleifs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 7:47 pm

Quote :
Good discussion going on here, by all means discuss the various religions, beliefs both ancient and modern but please do not be disrespectful to any other person's religion or belief. I know we all have different views but they can be discussed in a manner that won't offend others

I don't feel that posters were trying to be disrespectful to other's beliefs. I guess this topic is an emotional one to many and different views will emerge.

As a matter of interest there is a project that is studying NDE in a very scientific way..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also quantum physics has found a theory that 'proves' life after death.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... death.html

Research into the latter yourself. It is ground breaking stuff when you look further...It is difficult to understand quantum physics but this theorem stands up to scientific scrutiny. Sir Roger Penrose and Dr Stuart Hameroff are both respected in the scientific community. The theory is very hard to understand but worth reseaching.

I am very interested to hear the views of other forum users ?
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

Beleifs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beleifs   Beleifs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:23 pm

brilliant website info on after life rakiaplease thanks for the connection.it is a really interesting discussion topic. So many people say they have had an outer body experience when they have been in an accident had an oporation woken sudenly .
This is an easy explaination. The spirit with in doesn't need to sleep. So when we are a sleep the spirit can leave the body and visit the spirit world or investigate a problem we have. when the spirit reenters the body it can some times give a jolt and we feel like we are falling or when the spirit is returning we awake and see our selves lying in our bed.
An amazing experience i am sure although i have not had the personal experience i have heard many accounts of this happening.
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

Beleifs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beleifs   Beleifs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm sorry but there is no proof that writeup mainly states:

The concept is similar to the Buddhist and Hindu belief plus a lot of talk using the words 'theory, and 'According to this idea'
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Beleifs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beleifs   Beleifs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 5:47 am

There! I did say that spiritulismis close to Buhdism.I was on a train and got talking to this chap and it turned out he was a buhdist monk and was on his way back to Tibet where he studied. I never told him I was a spiritulist but after talking to me for a while he soon understood me and he did say we were not to far removed from his religeon.We all have our beleifs and I for one respect other religeons so long as they do no harm or are forced on others like one or two I could mention.Al i know is when we close our eyes for the last time on this Earthly plain they are opened again in another plain and that is what I believe.
What happens to animals surley they don't have a spirit? Oh yes they do as it is the spark of life and is part of this Cosmos.Einstein once said when asked about his theory on death and said "
We are driven by energy and you cannot destroy energy it just transforms"
To go a step further and I must admit I am a bit sceptical on this subject but I can be convinced at times from a few stories on Rencarnation.
Some time back in a news paper was a story of a little girl in America who insisted that she once lived in this village and pestered them over time to take her there.Eventualy they did and when she got there she shocked her parents and the locals by pointing out where people from a Centuary before had lived.Of course this was varified by the local archives and historians and she was correct in what she had said.When it came to who she believed she was before she pointed to a pond and told them that's where she had drowned one Summer.This was checked and was found to be true.

At the end of your days whateer you believe or not you will find out and hope is eternal.
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

Beleifs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beleifs   Beleifs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Worth a look. BBC programme about near death experiences. If you are going to watch it put the kettle on and see the whole programme....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... i_died_bbc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beleifs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beleifs   Beleifs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beleifs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-