In training for BG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

In training for BG Empty
PostSubject: In training for BG   In training for BG Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 pm

It is here at Chester UK - nothing this morning (6am) by midday 4 inches (10cms for the young uns).
The dogs have been out and are now zonked out on the soafa (peace at last).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Murphy our horse is not excited about it as the hounds
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mr &
Mrs BG
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

In training for BG Empty
PostSubject: Re: In training for BG   In training for BG Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:21 pm

Well, it's a start anyway! But how long will it last? The cold weather and snow persisted for a long time here last year! In training for BG 1865348797

Our son is due to be arriving here from the UK on Wed, hope he makes it. :Snow window:
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

In training for BG Empty
PostSubject: Re: In training for BG   In training for BG Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:50 pm

The forecast says the weather should start to pick up tomorrow so your son should be OK. Some airports in England are already closed. If you are flying back from BG this weekend I would check before setting off.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

In training for BG Empty
PostSubject: Re: In training for BG   In training for BG Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am

So you have 4 inches of snow! That is merely a sample of what you get here, I am only new here myself and it has been up to my knees. I bought some half chaps in the large size and these go over the top of my jeans and anchor under my shoes, they have been good when it was really deep.

Love the picture of your dogs they look really happy.

In training for BG 1536469901 In training for BG 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

In training for BG Empty
PostSubject: Re: In training for BG   In training for BG Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:19 pm

Scunnered wrote:
Well, it's a start anyway! But how long will it last? The cold weather and snow persisted for a long time here last year! In training for BG 1865348797

Our son is due to be arriving here from the UK on Wed, hope he makes it. :Snow window:

As you say, a start. I hope your son gets his flight ok.

itchyfeet wrote:
So you have 4 inches of snow! That is merely a sample of what you get here, I am only new here myself and it has been up to my knees. I bought some half chaps in the large size and these go over the top of my jeans and anchor under my shoes, they have been good when it was really deep.

Love the picture of your dogs they look really happy.

In training for BG 1536469901 In training for BG 1536469901

I have some chaps which will do Mr Eq, and I have my long bad weather boots which are too warm to wear here! I think we will get him some at the end of winter.

Although Mr Eq is from Kent, I am from a forces family and we spent many a year in Germany, so have seen plenty of "
proper"
snow. I have no intention of driving on winter roads unless I have to, and I will be quite happy with my indoor crafty hobbies for the winter months, with the odd foray out into the snow to see to animals. Mr Eq is a "
doer"
who has to have something to do always, so a workshop somewhere is an essential, and he will soon learn to wield an axe. I might need some spring closures on the doors though, can't seem to stop him leaving them open!

Bonnie lab is nearly ten and winding down (in theory), a little thick and looks for a thrown snowball for ages, she is ball obsessed. Little black Bella is full of energy bit a strangely timid creature. They both love the snow, but love their fires better.

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In training for BG Empty
PostSubject: Re: In training for BG   In training for BG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In training for BG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1