Windows7 compatible printer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well no help with my satellite box installation but perhaps members can help with this problem. I have had my computer serviced and Windows 7 installed which makes things much faster now I am getting the hang of it. However, my old printer isn't compatible! Didn't know printers had to be but I wouldn't would I being an oldie. I have scrolled through the google search to check which printers would suit. There are so many out there that I am even more confused. I wondered if any of you can advise a very simple deskjet ink printer which is cheap but good and works with Windows 7 and available in an outlet in VT like Vali computers or Technomart. I have wireless because I read that this would do away with a CD disk to install. However, my last computer just meant plugging in and entering the disk and away I went. I don't want anything complicated or is this too much to ask these days? Recommendations please. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Glad to hear the printer drama is over..have to say I've never bought a watch that came without a battery, including some pretty cheap and nasty brands. Sharp practice indeed.
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Sorry it's late but might help someone in the future.

Yes, very few printers are sold complete with the USB printer lead, of which is a specific lead for printers and fits very few other pieces of equipment.
Also, if a item is purchased with a driver disc, with USB equipment always install the driver first and only either plug-in or turn on the device when instructed to do so, because turning the device and then trying to install the driver does not always work properly.

As for the watches without batteries, same again, that's the first time I heard about that, unless your in-law removed them because of putting them in the post and did not want them torn apart by security people because they detected a working time device.

One last word of caution, always check out the cost per quantity of printer ink because the like of Lexmark here in the UK is stupidly expensive, but as their printers are dirt cheap most people do not realise it will cost them a fortune to run.
But for my two-pennyworth it would have to be Epson every-time and I have also only ever used compatible inks at a fraction of the Epson cost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows7 compatible printer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Computing, Internet, Mobile phones, TV and Satellite-