Windows7 compatible printer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Windows7 compatible printer? Empty
PostSubject: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Well no help with my satellite box installation but perhaps members can help with this problem. I have had my computer serviced and Windows 7 installed which makes things much faster now I am getting the hang of it. However, my old printer isn't compatible! Didn't know printers had to be but I wouldn't would I being an oldie. I have scrolled through the google search to check which printers would suit. There are so many out there that I am even more confused. I wondered if any of you can advise a very simple deskjet ink printer which is cheap but good and works with Windows 7 and available in an outlet in VT like Vali computers or Technomart. I have wireless because I read that this would do away with a CD disk to install. However, my last computer just meant plugging in and entering the disk and away I went. I don't want anything complicated or is this too much to ask these days? Recommendations please. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:43 pm

Anyone in either of those shops would be able to advise you...just don't let them flog you a Rolls Royce when you only need a Mini! I use a Samsung wireless printer which is also a scanner and copier and it is very very good, but probably a bit more than you need at the moment. Epsom or Lexmark are much cheaper but seem to work OK.

Happy hunting.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks for quick reply bgbzz - I had thought about Lexmark. What about HP which I had before? I know Vali will be helpful because they did the service and a nice guy there spoke English. I just wanted member's ideas so I wouldn't be sold something I didn't need. I definitely only want a Mini! g [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 3:00 pm

HP is ok too, from what I hear. I've quite a few printers over the years, Lexmark, Epsom, Canon, Panasonic (rubbish) and now this Samsung (just under 300 leva). They all performed well, considering we usually print between 100 and 500 A4 pages per week..ink prices nearly sent me to the wall!

Once you have decided which one you want, you may well find that buying online in Bulgaria is cheaper and will be delivered to your door, I've used the services of a couple of computer/tablet suppliers here and because they come via a very good courier company you only pay once you have the goods in your hands (COD) and have inspected them. I've used this system about a dozen times now, with the goods being worth around 8000 leva and there has never been a hiccup. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 3:12 pm

Maybe you just need a Windows 7 driver for the old printer? Have you tried google it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:09 pm

You are a gem bgbazz. Yes, I was considering using online as thats how I bought my satellite receiver. Very efficient but I wanted to be sure the printer would be compatible with Windows7. I also noticed whilst searching that the cost of ink varies a lot. HP was expensive but I don't use that much anyway.
Oh Chris don't mention that! In my research I found references to a driver but didn't know exactly what that was and my printer was about 12 years old anyway. I have given it to one of my Bulgarian girlies who is more than happy with it and got it to work. Thanks anyway. My IP chap had a go but he told me it meant a new printer.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:31 pm

So far, from buying laptops, tablets ,this printer as well as a few ancillary IT items online, I've noticed that the prices are consistently 20% to 25% less than the shops..and that is delivered to the front door. Our company is very much computer orientated and those savings, plus the convenience of not driving around chasing our tail, represent a considerable saving in terms of time and money.

Check out this place...techshop.bg and see how you go.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 1:13 pm

:Thank you:bgbazz. I have looked at the site you mentioned but decided to go with Technomarket because it seems so easy to shop online. I have used them before. Techshop.bg was a bit cheaper. I have decided on the HP inkjet 1000 for my purposes. I looked it up on an English site and the price seems about the same if not a little cheaper here depending on exchange rate. I have also read reviews and it does seem to suit my simple requirements. A last word from you bgbazz before I order please! It does say its compatible with Windows 7 and easy to install!
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm sure you have made a choice which will suit you..the installation should be very straight forward, but if you have any trouble there a lot's of folk on here who will help.

g
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:51 am

oldun wrote:
I have decided on the HP inkjet 1000 for my purposes.

Good choice! g

I've been using an HP for the last 2 years with no problems (plus the ink cartridges are available just about everywhere)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 6:17 pm

How are you going with the printer my dear..hopefully all sorted and working well.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:01 am

Waiting for delivery today. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks for asking.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:04 am

You are very welcome..any time.
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 4:18 pm

I always thought that windows7 came with a whole load of generic drivers for anything? just shows how wrong I was Windows7 compatible printer? 2345823347
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 5:58 pm

No, you aren't wrong at all. W7 has been around for quite a long time now and the manufacturers of things like printers, scanners, cameras and sound systems have moved the ball upwards to be competitive with later systems. Much of what you can purchase is ok for the older systems as well as the later stuff, but you might just have to install a suitable driver, which will enable your latest toy to work properly. As I'm sure you know, it's a very easy procedure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows7 compatible printer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Computing, Internet, Mobile phones, TV and Satellite-