altText

Posting of Christmas Cards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scunnered
Scunnered

Posting of Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 8:11 am

At the beginning of November, I went to our local village post office and posted off 30+ Christmas cards to the UK.
I sent them early, as the previous year they didn't arrive until the New Year!
Our postmistress is lovely, and very helpful. I know she put stamps on them all. However, not one has reached its destination!
I then posted a birthday card about two weeks later, which duly arrived.
A friend from another village posted hers late November and they haven't arrived either!
Where are they all? None contained anything but a card.
Anyone else had this problem? Posting of Christmas Cards 3135333095
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 8:40 am

Scunnered wrote:
At the beginning of November, I went to our local village post office and posted off 30+ Christmas cards to the UK.
I sent them early, as the previous year they didn't arrive until the New Year!
Our postmistress is lovely, and very helpful. I know she put stamps on them all. However, not one has reached its destination!
I then posted a birthday card about two weeks later, which duly arrived.
A friend from another village posted hers late November and they haven't arrived either!
Where are they all? None contained anything but a card.
Anyone else had this problem? Posting of Christmas Cards 3135333095

We posted our 29 cards 2 weeks before Christmas and they all got there thankfully. We have no idea how the postage system works here. Our Ebay package was sent to Hungary from the UK for some reason and then came by road, took 4 weeks to get here!!

:Posting of Christmas Cards 3897195628: :Posting of Christmas Cards 3897195628:
Back to top Go down
Dobrich
Junior user
Junior user
Dobrich

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 9:22 am

I stopped posting from the village and only send them with people who are going to the uk. I am of the opinion that the Bulgarians assume there is money in the cards so they never arrive at their destination.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:05 am

we had major problems with the post 5 years ago, we recieved no post, not even official government post. the village post office was somewhat basic ( Posting of Christmas Cards 1865348797) where the lady would search for a stamp at the bottom of her handbag, flatten it out and stick it on the letter. Posting of Christmas Cards 3135333095
much better now, i get all official letters from the uk with no problems. but we found if you send mail in brown enverlopes, they get there. if anyone from the uk sends post we ask them to put it in brown and address to my partner ( male ). send most post prioritairre as proof. c

there is nothing worse when letters/cards dont arrive for those special occassions. i thought things had improved, but not everywhere by the looks of it. Posting of Christmas Cards 794030042
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:43 am

Thanks for all your replies. We have no problem receiving mail or parcels from the UK, just BG-UK!
It's just such a waste of time and money with cards. Perhaps we'll not bother this year! Posting of Christmas Cards 2079180590
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 am

Scunnered wrote:
Thanks for all your replies. We have no problem receiving mail or parcels from the UK, just BG-UK!
It's just such a waste of time and money with cards. Perhaps we'll not bother this year! Posting of Christmas Cards 2079180590

I know of two friends in BG who have sent Xmas cards to me and family, as of today we have not received them. Send e-cards and they will be received unless your computer crashes
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Post here is a bit hit and miss as you have recognised. I've been here six years and have never received anything in the post despite emails advising me that items had been posted. Even an entire annual subscription of Natioal Geographic simply didn't arrive...not even one copy!

I use couriers now for everything. Nothing I ever posted from the main post office in the city ever got there either. Posting of Christmas Cards 927475117
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Mixed answers from me here. All stuff from UK has got here except one jiffy bag of Teabags that went via Australia and took 3 months to arrive in Mindya after going through Australian security!
Posted cards one year in VT post office and none arrived but I remember I didn't stop to see the lady stamp them.
This year I posted cards late as I didn't get into the Christmas spirit until December 13th. They have just arrived even though our local post lady didn't have any small stamps and told me to go to VT PO again where I waited and watched them being stamped.
We do get our subscription World Telegraph each week and on time unless there is a holiday involved. The post lady's husband loves to deliver it personally to our door which is actually down a track!
So no complaints really except I did use a courier for the passport renewal just in case!
Internet cards are okay but you can't hang them up for Christmas as lovely reminders and decorations!
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 5:28 pm

I have had problems year after year with sending cards to the UK - some get there ..... most don't. To my knowledge only 1 card has arrived this Christmas. I receive pretty much everything sent to me from the UK, eventually!! My brother waited 3 months for a contract to arrive from London!! I find if I send a parcel it (usually) gets there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 6:02 pm

oldun wrote:
Mixed answers from me here. All stuff from UK has got here except one jiffy bag of Teabags that went via Australia and took 3 months to arrive in Mindya after going through Australian security!
Posted cards one year in VT post office and none arrived but I remember I didn't stop to see the lady stamp them.
This year I posted cards late as I didn't get into the Christmas spirit until December 13th. They have just arrived even though our local post lady didn't have any small stamps and told me to go to VT PO again where I waited and watched them being stamped.
We do get our subscription World Telegraph each week and on time unless there is a holiday involved. The post lady's husband loves to deliver it personally to our door which is actually down a track!
So no complaints really except I did use a courier for the passport renewal just in case!
Internet cards are okay but you can't hang them up for Christmas as lovely reminders and decorations!

Oldun, you can if you have got a printer Posting of Christmas Cards 2706089290
Back to top Go down
BGBound
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 8:48 pm

Reading the posts on this subject I think we'll use Moonpig , Hallmark or Funky Pigeon to
send our cards via the internet. They are real cards posted and delivered in the UK. g
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:09 am

They would be okay to use for birthdays etc, but expensive for over thirty Christmas cards!
Remember, I'm a Scot, and have a reputation to keep! :Kilt:
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 am

Its always been a bit hit and mis with me, sometimes they get there very quickly and sometimes they don't even arrive. I remember one birthday card I sent last year took just over 3 months to get to my sister Posting of Christmas Cards 3998065313
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:55 am

Just had an email from my brother to say his Christmas card has arrived! :Party2:
Only another 30 or so to go!
Back to top Go down
BGBound
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:21 pm

Scunnered wrote:
They would be okay to use for birthdays etc, but expensive for over thirty Christmas cards!
Remember, I'm a Scot, and have a reputation to keep! :Kilt:

We don't have as many friends as you Posting of Christmas Cards 927475117 Posting of Christmas Cards 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posting of Christmas Cards   Posting of Christmas Cards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Posting of Christmas Cards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next