View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Hibernation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hibernation   Hibernation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Where has everybody gone, the forums are dead, it's still a bit early to bed down for the winter, isn't it, after all the :Sunny:day's have not gone away just yet c
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
silky4015
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Know what you mean, I visit every day, but don’t always make a comment. However I still feel like you do, last week (22nd) I placed a short story on the short story board and in that week, not one reply.

John
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:54 am

Strange, I would have expected the forum to be even busier in the winter months as folks don't have as many outdoor activities to do.

Perhaps people are already busy planning the festive holidays and it will pick up after that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:48 am

Hibernation - Page 2 3356871870 :Thank you:Willowsend. I am looking forward to our 'real' winter so I have an excuse to spend longer on this forum! I feel I should be outside when the sun's out as it still is here in Mindya. Wonderful Autumn but no doubt winter will set in with a vengeance soon. I love looking into this forum and posting. Don't be discouraged Silky because people read stories but don't necessarily respond as you don't after reading a book (unless a Kindle asks for your review which I decline!)
I never cease to be amazed that people do not seem to say much about their villages. If you are worried about hoards of Brits arriving, don't mention the name. As far as I am concerned, I don't mind Brits finding my village of Mindya nowadays. I did worry originally because a few not very nice ones arrived but the main perpetrator has now returned from whence they came so life is better. I am sure there are like-minded people like us around and they would be welcome. Our Mayor and the Community as a whole seem to like our presence and what we can bring to the village. So come on folks and support your Bulgarian village life by writing about it to those thinking of joining us. Its a good life.
I do find some excellent snippets of information on the forum. The latest being Oddies contribution about renewing a passport from abroad. It took a couple of days to find the relevant info and I am glad I waited. The price though is very much more than applying in the UK. I wonder why.
I also remembered Speedgunner (I think) mentioning Filmon. My sling box seems to have been breaking down and I tried the website. Its great and I may go down the TV connection route he mentioned as well. Thanks for that info. For a forum to really work well we must support it and WRITE as well as read. You don't have to be good at writing, just get it down for us all to share.
It might be that there is little discussion (debate or argument) which means it is a pleasant forum but not enough nitty gritty for people to share opinions. Sometimes, if I am on a bad day (and we all get those), I could start a good old argument with anyone but don't wish to upset people who may take me too seriously but if it peps up the forum I just might!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
silky4015
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 10:13 am

Not really discouraged oldun, if I’d have kept all the rejection slips I’ve received of editors in the past, I could have wallpapered my writing room.

John
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Just been a little busy with visiting and shopping, I guess they are more important at the minute, but I'm still here and do look in every couple of days so don't worry. As soon as I have more time I'll be back to normal. s
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Even the Aussie you love to hate is still here..due to my wife being immobilised with a badly broken leg and ankle, being in plaster and on crutches and us living in our 5th floor apartment (no lift) my day doesn't include many chat breaks. I'm a cross between Jamie Oliver and the entire cast of the old telly show "
Upstairs, Downstairs"
..throw in taxi driver, school liaison officer, member in charge of entertainment and principal peacekeeper ..you get the idea. On top of that, I still have to organise and run our 2000 acre farm. Xmas this year is shaping up to be an interesting time..the plaster may be coming off just in time for New Year.

But I do still pop in from time to time for a quick read.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:07 am

Excellent reply Bgbzz and you are excused. However, you sound as if you lead an interesting and busy life with your farm, why don't you find a few moments to write to us all about it later? I would love to hear how you manage your life in Bulgaria, how you came here and how you farm. Maybe you have and I have missed it but I am always interested in hearing how folks exist in this rather alien country so different from Britain.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:26 am

bgbazz wrote:
Even the Aussie you love to hate is still here..due to my wife being immobilised with a badly broken leg and ankle, being in plaster and on crutches and us living in our 5th floor apartment (no lift) my day doesn't include many chat breaks. I'm a cross between Jamie Oliver and the entire cast of the old telly show "
Upstairs, Downstairs"
..throw in taxi driver, school liaison officer, member in charge of entertainment and principal peacekeeper ..you get the idea. On top of that, I still have to organise and run our 2000 acre farm. Xmas this year is shaping up to be an interesting time..the plaster may be coming off just in time for New Year.

But I do still pop in from time to time for a quick read.

You seem to be busy Bazz - I truly hope that things will get better soon for your wife and then you can relax a bit more. 2000 acres eh! It would be interesting to know what you do with it, do you have it all to arable farming and what equipment do you use to keep it in good order. I know from having an equestrian complex and a field that maintenence is required to keep it in good order and to stop it going back to woodland. Our 4500 sq metres here keeps us busy mostly because we don't have the equipment I had in the UK to go over the ground to do what we want with it. Very frustrating at times, but we have got a contact with a local farmer now and hopefully with his help we can get it into some order and keep it as we want.

c c
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:02 pm

We`are hoping to be back on line next week. We moved into our rental two weeks ago and have been trying to keep in touch with a dongle, but it works only spasmodically, usually for about five minutes, so if this gets posted it will be a minor miracle!

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:20 pm

mmm same here, my internet is hit and miss at the moment, all weekend have had no internet due to high winds so they say, high tech is not that good is it. :Hibernation - Page 2 3897195628:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hibernation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2