Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Where has everybody gone, the forums are dead, it's still a bit early to bed down for the winter, isn't it, after all the :Sunny:day's have not gone away just yet c
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:03 pm

its been a very hot long summer, at times too hot to go out. luckily there has been volumes of sport this summer which i have enjoyed. now the weather is mid 20s it is a pleasure to go out and thats what i have been doing getting out and about. its 6pm, the doors open and still pleasant. s s s
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:18 pm

willowsend wrote:
Where has everybody gone, the forums are dead

Me and Admin are spending a lot of time 'in the background' at the moment, updating the forum software and a few other bits and bobs ... so don't worry, although we're not posting, we're still here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm here to doing a bit of decorating and keeping an eye open on here and sorting out some forum code g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
oldun
Super user
Super user

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:50 pm

There are no excuses because it takes minutes to check in, read and make some commentDoesn't everyone check their emails daily? There are loads of members now but nearly all just look and don't post unless they want something or to sell something. People don't seem to be communicators anymore. I finally joined the dreaded Facebook and its the same there. I have 127 friends and I can count on one hand the number of posts people make to me. Lots of 'likes' for my photos but little content. I thought it was just because I am elderly, but when I go into people's Timelines it seems the same for others too, bar 'good morning everyone' and the like..... Life can be very disappointing but thank goodness I love reading besides, walking, cooking and watching TV. Still find plenty of time to post on here as you all know...... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:05 pm

I'm on here everyday. Watching closely whats going on. It's because we are very closely watching the forum that it works so well. Good debates and no nasties brill . Just the way we all like it g
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:14 am

I check the forum every day and now and again I place a post to either inform or get something off my chest and some advice of course. I placed a post about Manure and recieved one reply but it wasn't the subject matter it was about life in your village as oldun pointed out he could to euligies on this topic.So why don't we write about characters in your village and events because this forum is the best Face book page and it is exclusive to us.For instance in my village(Brestak) there is a local who rides around in a vechicle that he knocked up in his garden shed which is the rear half of a Tribant and the front end is a diesel two wheeled Lister engine with the elongated handle bars in green livery!
You see I think we could make this forum so much more but we all assume that other members are well informed about the life here in Bulgaria but in my case this is not true and I would be interested in your villages and what goes on and where and how to get items.Here is a little gem. if you can get a reasonable internet signal and go onto Filmon.com and the purchase from Amazon the Netgear wireless tranceiver which encompasses a USB connection on your laptop/pc and a HDMI on your TV you can watch programmes from all the UK stations on your TV. I watch Pointless and Eggheads and the news most days with it.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:43 am

We come on every day too, and comment on things we can, or ask questions (which there aren't always any answers to) but we are restricted in what we can contribute owing to the fact that we live in the UK and have yet to visit Bulgaria! We try to ask questions about what might be relevant to others who are thinking of relocating, and like to see what others want to know too. Whether it is because I am nosy or just want to be prepared as much as possible I don't know! But I don't want to miss anything!!! Hibernation 1865348797

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:19 pm

I have noticed that Equi and Speed have both contributed. I don't think Willow was meaning the Moderators but us ordinary folks. Yes, why aren't people posting about their lives here and their villages? I recently started a topic about posting 2 pics showing people's villages. So far only Willow has responded. I would have thought that this would have sparked some interest but maybe there are more disenchanted people than I thought out here in Bulgaria. There seem to be so many properties for sale that it makes me wonder why???? Why do people spend so much money on their 'dream' home only to sell it so quickly? Was it only for investment and if so, didn't they realise there is no property ladder yet in Bulgaria?
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:53 pm

, cos the dream turns sour maybe ....for various and many reasons !!!
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:12 pm

varnagirl wrote:

A good point varnagirl and oldun you are right, my topic was pointed at the people who make the forum (us lot) not the people who run the forum, we know they are always there watching over us and keeping control. I'll probably be banned for that now c
By the way Chris, it is Admin and I, not Me and Admin :Very funny 2:I am one of the old school Hibernation 1536469901
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:38 pm

willowsend wrote:
varnagirl wrote:

A good point varnagirl and oldun you are right, my topic was pointed at the people who make the forum (us lot) not the people who run the forum, we know they are always there watching over us and keeping control. I'll probably be banned for that now c
By the way Chris, it is Admin and I, not Me and Admin :Very funny 2:I am one of the old school Hibernation 1536469901

Now, now Willow aint nuffin rong wif that. Hibernation 1865348797 Hibernation 1865348797 Hibernation 1865348797 Hibernation 1865348797
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:47 am

Sorry, but 'one' shouldn't have to apologise for being 'old school'. Its the way language is taught nowadays plus all this text speak. Mind you, I find it easier to write the way I was taught than to get my head around texting on a mobile phone. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:27 pm

I look at the forum most days, but as i do not live in Bulgaria, but have a Bulgarian wife and at the moment 3 properties there ( and although I did think of retiring there, due to a newly found health issue, will now probably have long visits instead), I enjoy reading the posts, but do not always have anything to add to most of them, as they are mainly about (and by) folks that actually live there, but as I said I enjoy the forum.
Hibernation 2581928987
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:29 pm

I have pulled this topic back to the top, hoping we will get some postings before you all go to sleep for the winter

willowsend wrote:
Where has everybody gone, the forums are dead, it's still a bit early to bed down for the winter, isn't it, after all the :Sunny:day's have not gone away just yet c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hibernation   Hibernation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hibernation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next