altText

Scrapping a vehicle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BGBound
Senior user
Senior user

Scrapping a vehicle Empty
PostSubject: Scrapping a vehicle   Scrapping a vehicle Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi all

Am intending to use my old van to bring over all our stuff from the UK next July and then scrap it rather
than re-registering etc. Is this a simple process in BG or like so many other things NOT?
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Scrapping a vehicle   Scrapping a vehicle Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:18 am

Hi
I might be wrong?? but if its not in the BG system (registered on BG plates) then I doubt you will be able to scrap it in the BG system.
Having said that I spent 5 hrs at Kat scrapping a BG registered vehicle, completing the forms and handing back the plates.
Might be easier to notify DVLA it is no longer in use and use it as a storage facility?
Bill
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Scrapping a vehicle   Scrapping a vehicle Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:57 am

As Bill says it would be easier to use it for storage, I did
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Scrapping a vehicle   Scrapping a vehicle Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Or maybe once you're here you can advertise it..someone may be looking for a cheap van to travel back to the UK in.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
amigo3565

PostSubject: Re: Scrapping a vehicle   Scrapping a vehicle Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:06 pm

dont scrap it i will probally buy it off you so i can use it mate on uk plates as long as you have the full log book ok cheers
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Scrapping a vehicle   Scrapping a vehicle Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Sometimes my thoughts bear fruit..sometimes not.
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Scrapping a vehicle   Scrapping a vehicle Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:54 pm

we scrapped oneof our vans on uk plates a couple of weeks ago without any problems, but our bulgarian neighbour used his id number for us to pay the vat coz silly me forgot the card.
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
BGBound
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Scrapping a vehicle   Scrapping a vehicle Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies . Certainly given me food for thought.
Of course if anyone does want to buy it for a token fee then that would be great ! T
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Scrapping a vehicle   Scrapping a vehicle Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:48 am

you say for a token fee ...I,d say for a reasonable fee
do you not know how expensive 2ndhand vehichles are in Bg
Back to top Go down
amigo3565

PostSubject: Re: Scrapping a vehicle   Scrapping a vehicle Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 12:17 pm

im looking for an old van to buy so if anyone has one please let me know ,ican buy it cash or i have a couple of lhd cars that im willing to swap for a van also looking for a cheap caravan come on some one must have something out there cheers
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Scrapping a vehicle   Scrapping a vehicle Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 1:55 pm

About scrapping cars - If a car is still in Bulgaria after 4 years, still on UK plates, uninsured not taxed but not used on Bulgarian roads, would there be a problem?
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Scrapping a vehicle   Scrapping a vehicle Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:46 pm

not sure on this one. if i want to take my bulgarian car off the road, i have to take my plates to the kat to deregister, then im not responsible for any municipality taxes.
when i brought my uk car into bulgaria i did not register for the first nine months. when i went to pay that years municipality car tax no problems, but was then told you owe us for the previous year when you entered bulgaria. they knew the exact date i entered this country. Scrapping a vehicle 794030042
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Scrapping a vehicle   Scrapping a vehicle Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 4:24 pm

So it would seem that a car here for several years on UK plates could not be sold, used or returned to Britain without incurring taxes or fines? Stuck here in other words unless someone knows different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scrapping a vehicle   Scrapping a vehicle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scrapping a vehicle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1