View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:12 am

I hate liars. It seems it is endemic nowadays, so much so, that people lie without realising it! Very often during conversation some very ordinary comments are found out to be untrue because as the saying goes: 'you have to have a good memory to be a liar'. I don't usually mention that the original story was false because I can't stand the embarrasment of listening to people wriggle out of it. Life is normally too short to bother about it anyway but it leads on to all kinds of other bigger lies which occur in life especially in property buying in Bulgaria. Need I say more? So many instances which could also be interpreted as 'corruption' in extreme situations. However, my grouse is that it seems now that the whole world lies about everything except me! I am quite proud of that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:19 am

You hit the nail on the head here oldun and these lies start at the top in other words at government level and work their way down till suddenly some of us think that what we are telling others is the truth but deep down we all know it isn't. Why people feel the need to lie I don't know maybe in some cases when they lie about their past they are hiding something? and perhaps for safety reasons they have good need to? but generally most not all people lie all the time and I have to say I'm one of those people who seem to know when others are lying to me and it really does P**s me off if they really think I believe some of the tall stories I hear
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:49 am

bigsavak wrote:
You hit the nail on the head here oldun and these lies start at the top in other words at government level and work their way down till suddenly some of us think that what we are telling others is the truth but deep down we all know it isn't. Why people feel the need to lie I don't know maybe in some cases when they lie about their past they are hiding something? and perhaps for safety reasons they have good need to? but generally most not all people lie all the time and I have to say I'm one of those people who seem to know when others are lying to me and it really does P**s me off if they really think I believe some of the tall stories I hear

I know a very good lier in BG with some very tall stories to tell and it really does P**s me off to :Lying! 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:15 am

bigsavak wrote:
It certainly does p....ss me off too that people really think I believe some of the tall stories I hear.
Back to top Go down
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:18 am

I just treat most of what I'm told as playground banter between kids but the real problem is they aren't kids. I think some of the people that lie through their teeth actually believe what they are saying which is the worst kind of lie.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:27 am

I think you are probably right there LisA. Unfortunately some of these lies lead to much bigger problems like gossip but we don't need to go there!
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:34 am

some lies have consequences, i know of someone who recruited people to make false statements to the police. now that is a dangerous game to play in bulgaria.. the michael shields case was full of controversy.

these are dangerous people. Lying! 794030042
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:14 am

I,d prefere to have a theif around me than a liar ! !
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:29 am

varnagirl wrote:

I think they both go hand in glove and I also think you will find that most thieves are born liers any way
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:19 pm

willowsend wrote:
varnagirl wrote:

I think they both go hand in glove and I also think you will find that most thieves are born liers any way

well Im gonna completly disagree with that....having know both kinds over the years ..they can be two seperate commodities completly and thats why i say Id rather have the theif than the liar

so we shall agree to disagree....dobre ! Lying! 1536469901
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:29 pm

A thief isn't necessarily a liar until caught when they lie to get out of trouble. In my book its the folk who we meet in everyday life and lie as a matter of course that are the worst. I don't understand why its so necessary to talk what is ostensibly b.....t when its patently obvious that its a lie. Is it a massive inferiority complex I wonder? I have met people who will answer 'yes, I know...' to just about anything you care to mention. What is wrong with saying 'oh that's interesting, I didn't know that..' ? In my book that is quite acceptable and helps to lead a conversation into other areas. When someone says 'I know' to me now I just shut up because I realise conversation is going nowhere. They don't 'know' so what's the point? I guess if it makes them feel better or more superior good luck to them but don't do it to me - 'I know!!' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:49 pm

I agree with VG you always know where you stand with a thief but the same can't be said for a liar. Lying! 3356871870
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
oddball
oddball

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Lying! 3356871870 Unfortunately it is second nature to some poor souls - They live in Micky Mouse land, best thing to do is let it in one ear and our the other. Tell gossips you are not interested and they will soon get the message. g
Back to top Go down
Brian1
Senior user
Senior user
Brian1

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Sorry to say it but it's a sign of the times we now live in, I think its the norm for some people to lie about anything and everything and sometimes they even believe it themselves which is very worrying. I always tell the truth and sometimes it doesn't go down to well and I have even lost friends but I know for my part I have nothing to hide or to pretend about but there are loads out there who have plenty to worry about because one day they will have forgotten about the lies they told and it will come back and bite them where it hurts.
Back to top Go down
Pugwash
Junior user
Junior user

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:51 am

Lying starts at a very young age now as we are well aware having just retired from fostering after thirty years.
There are so many foster carers had allegations made against them by some kids who are just habitual liars but of course each allegation has to be investigated. We know quite a few decent carers and adopters who have had their lives turned upside down by these little angels with chromium plated wings, it's unbelievable as some lies were for no more reasons than they didn't like the rules of the house, luckily we came out at the other end comparitvely unscathed.
We had one lad in particular who came to us after making allegations against a carer.He didn't like it there so accused the poor woman of sitting at home all day drinking vodka also a terrible allegation against her teenage son. At first he wasn't too happy about moving to us so thought this might work again and told the social worker the mrs. drank vodka all day. The mrs was quick to react and told him to get it right and she drank Bacardi and not vodka. When the mrs told the social worker she retorted 'yes and I drink brandy and another piped up and mine's a whisky but this was all too late as the previous carers already had their lives ruined even after the lad had admitted lying.
Really we could write a book on this subject and the little thieves we have opened our home to over the years, not to mention the damage to our property however we have had some really lovely kids and fostered over 200 as for thirteen of our fostering career we were on 24 hr call.
Mum always said you can watch a thief not a liar and we did watch after being robbed numerous times. We had to have a lock on our bedroom door a lock on the lounge door and the mrs had to carry her handbag around with her but you can't watch the liar!
Was the job worth it? Well we brought a lad up for nine years who is doing ok. Another girl for seven years who is doing ok, two sisters for ten years, one is at university so they are ok, another girl for two years and a lad for three years. On the whole it was very rewarding and if we managed to give some kids a good start then it was worth it.
One thing though social services have to start listening to their carers' it's like nowadays they should be seen and not heard!
On reading about Bulgaria and what their foster carers are paid no way compensates for the hard work these people do. Giving love and stability works wonders for a child and carers are worth every penny.
Liars or thievs, they are all God's children Angel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lying!   Lying! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lying!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-