View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:56 am

First topic message reminder :

I have read various experiences of others who have been bullied on this forum and others and this includes defamation of a persons character. I also know that in some cases these victims have contacted the site owners and asked for the comments to be removed only to be told NO! even though what has been written there is completely untrue and in some cases checkable. So what I was thinking is if we can use this thread to name and shame those site but in a dignified manor so as to ensure we too don't became as bad as they are. I'm sure this will not only help others but also eventually this will show up in google when people search for these sites and give them some idea of what trust can be placed in the respective sites. so any thoughts form anyone good or bad as I said its only an idea which I think could be of great help.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:48 pm

bigsavak wrote:
Thank you willowsend for this important information its good to know what sites can not be trusted. Ps. I haven't clicked on any and don't intend to. Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 3367882216
Here are two more to add to the list, IP address United States, one from only two hours ago. Please do not click on the link
Bryan talbot - bulgaria - villa lorna - walnut house - scamFRAUDalert ... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... t_bulgar... - United StatesCached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
BRYAN TALBOT/BULGARIA/VILLA LORNA/WALNUT HOUSE/SCAM/FRAUD - Rental Scam -----Original Message----- From: Trust and Security ...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - BRYAN TALBOT/BULGARIA ... www-walnuthousebulgaria-webs-com.pissedconsumer.com/bryan-tal...You +1'd this publicly. Undo
2 hours ago – BRYAN TALBOT/BULGARIA/RENTAL FRAUD/SCAM/WALNUT HOUSE/VILLA LORNA. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Complaint by
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:20 pm

I haven't clicked any of the links either but it seems that someone is watching this topic because the last links were only posted 2 hours ago. Bit of a coincidence. So the prime suspect has no intention of giving up. Poor you Bryan.
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Some of you have asked, why do they do it? Nothing worthwhile of their own to do, I guess!
It must be horrid to find even one lie about yourself online, never mind loads, but take a little comfort from the fact that the average, responsible person has enough already filling their time and too much integrity to pay any mind to what is obviously a malicious posting even if they do stumble on it by accident when genuinely seeking some pertinent information.

Apologies to anyone who has genuinely lost business (worth having) as a result of someone's malice, but ask yourself, do I want to be doing any work for someone who spends that much time on something so nebulous, and believes all they read? Is this a sensible person, and will they have realistic expectations about what I can provide for the price they want to pay? If they like reading complaints, do they also like making them, and will they readily complain about me if I don't make them a silk purse out of a sow's ear for a pittance?

My view is that it may seem like you lost a lot of business, but it's just as possible you were saved from a load of hastle you might have got if you had accepted work from the people who read and believed the rubbish! You'll never know for sure, but it's worth bearing in mind. Most of my jobs come through personal recommendation by satisfied customers or from people who have seen me working elsewhere, that's the best kind and you will never lose that through any amount of online rubbish because these customers would never have read it in the first place and if they did they know it's not true. Maybe the people who ended up doing the work you 'lost' wish they hadn't!

They say whatever you put your attention on increases, and what you pay no mind to fades away, so although it's difficult to do at first, it's best to banish any unpleasantness from your mind and concentrate on the good things you are choosing to have in your life. It takes a of of practice but once you get the hang of it you need no longer have unpleasant experiences. Honestly! It does work, but you have to be vigilant with your thoughts and catch any unhelpful thought and dismiss it before it gets hold of you.

Yes, to those of you reading between the lines, I'm saying if you go on these sites and read these defamations and keep doing it, you're going to end up worrying "
It could happen to me"
and once you start thinking this, you are actively inviting it to enter your life! So my pennorth is, don't go looking for trouble - yours or anybody else's! If you want advice about a business or service ask a real life person face to face, someone who has experience of them and whose own character is apparent to you as they answer your questions.

To anyone who is having a rotten time, I do sympathise, but remember if you keep thinking about it you'll keep having it, so turn your attention to a better future. I think those of you who have done this can attest to the truth of it, can't you?
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Quote :
Yes, to those of you reading between the lines, I'm saying if you go on these sites and read these defamations and keep doing it, you're going to end up worrying "
It could happen to me"
and once you start thinking this, you are actively inviting it to enter your life! So my pennorth is, don't go looking for trouble - yours or anybody else's! If you want advice about a business or service ask a real life person face to face, someone who has experience of them and whose own character is apparent to you as they answer your questions.

What wise words these are. Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 3356871870 g
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 6:31 pm

fruitlover wrote:
If you want advice about a business or service ask a real life person face to face, someone who has experience of them and whose own character is apparent to you as they answer your questions.
wise words indeed fruitlover

Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 1536469901
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 pm

fruitlover, tony and chris

Its easier said than done especially when your own extended family (Uncles and Cousins etc) bring it to your attention and of course potential customers. I am willing and happy to take advice from anybody at any time but not from people who have not been subjected to the same or similar circumstances as me and my family. I can speak from bitter experiences
Back to top Go down
GinaA
Senior user
Senior user
GinaA

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:13 pm

I agree with you Brian it is very difficult to ignore something like this when your family is involved and even if you try to ignore it in hope that it goes away it never does because the people who do the damage are only interested in destroying the lives of others. I do understand what has been said above by others but I do agree that unless you have experienced it you will never know how it will effect you and your family and I am speaking from experience. We must also remember that we are all individuals and we are all effected in different ways so some of us can just shrug it off and that's fine but unfortunately some of us can't do that and find ourselves in a situation where we have to try and convince others that what has been said about us on the Internet is a complete load or lies.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:42 pm

GinaA wrote:
I agree with you Brian it is very difficult to ignore something like this when your family is involved and even if you try to ignore it in hope that it goes away it never does because the people who do the damage are only interested in destroying the lives of others. I do understand what has been said above by others but I do agree that unless you have experienced it you will never know how it will effect you and your family and I am speaking from experience. We must also remember that we are all individuals and we are all effected in different ways so some of us can just shrug it off and that's fine but unfortunately some of us can't do that and find ourselves in a situation where we have to try and convince others that what has been said about us on the Internet is a complete load or lies.

T T :Thank you:GinaA If you are speaking from experience then you know what I mean Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:24 am

Hi Willowsend

You do realise that by putting the link to these sites you are helping them get better search results with Google? Back links increase a sites 'worth' in Googles eyes.

It may be better to change your post and write the web address down another way so you do not create a direct link to exposeascam.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:28 am

Rakiaplease wrote:
Hi Willowsend

You do realise that by putting the link to these sites you are helping them get better search results with Google? Back links increase a sites 'worth' in Googles eyes.

It may be better to change your post and write the web address down another way so you do not create a direct link to exposeascam.

Its only the first link and I edited that when it was posted, you can click and see. The others are not related to any posting by a certain person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:34 am

Sorry Admin...my mistake. It is daveshaz's link to exposeascam that links to the site not willowsend's. Might be worth changing the links format ?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:41 am

Should all be sorted now g
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:04 am

An excellent post from Fruitlover but I don't think its realised the true extent of the defamations Willowsend has experienced which he has reported in depth over time.
It is far easier said than done to let things settle down in the hope that the bad things will go away. Willowsend's business depends a lot on reviews, as most renters do, having no way of meeting folks face to face. Which reviews do people believe? The good ones or the bad ones and would they take a chance that the bad ones are untrue?
When you buy to live or rent abroad you are very vulnerable to abuse. I know for sure that our names have been dragged through the mud by people that we have not met because they believed what one or two people we do know have said. We have ignored it but it doesn't go away, or hasn't yet. Not one person has faced us with any facts. This is nothing to do with business as we are retired but it is a sad fact that it has upset us to the point of spoiling our otherwise happy life here.
You are absolutely right in what you say Fruitlover, but it is a hard path to follow with little or no redress. Only time will really heal when the perpetrators eventually give up which they will have to do when they do not get the attention they crave or gain the attention of some kind of policing. I read that one chap who posted racial abuse on Titter about the footballer who collapsed in a match received a prison sentence. Maybe Willowsend's abuser will eventually get his comeuppance.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 12:09 pm

oldun wrote:
Willowsend's abuser will eventually get his comeuppance.

Oldun, I have sent you a pm Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm going to lock this thread now unless someone has anything new to add? in which case pm me and I may open it. g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some sites to be careful of

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next