View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:56 am

First topic message reminder :

I have read various experiences of others who have been bullied on this forum and others and this includes defamation of a persons character. I also know that in some cases these victims have contacted the site owners and asked for the comments to be removed only to be told NO! even though what has been written there is completely untrue and in some cases checkable. So what I was thinking is if we can use this thread to name and shame those site but in a dignified manor so as to ensure we too don't became as bad as they are. I'm sure this will not only help others but also eventually this will show up in google when people search for these sites and give them some idea of what trust can be placed in the respective sites. so any thoughts form anyone good or bad as I said its only an idea which I think could be of great help.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:13 pm

I think maybe what Tony has said could be taken 2 ways ? and I'm not too sure myself which way to take it. I do see what your saying Jane but maybe just maybe Tony might not have meant it in the way that most readers will see it. Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Rakiaplease wrote:
Hello Carmen. No worries...I would be delighted to help. Just a tab busy for the rest of the day but when I have 10 minutes or so I will do a little research.

Leave it with me Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 1675110159

It would be very interesting to see what can and can't be done.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:31 pm

nu2bg wrote:
tonyb60 wrote:

I could not give a stuff about exposerascam :Hair:

Sorry Tony but I think if you had been a victim then maybe you wouldn't have said something as crass as this. Yes maybe you are right in some of what you have said Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 3998065313 here but this is defiantly the wrong topic to say such a thing unless you yourself have had some experience of this particular site. I'm sorry if you don't like what I've said but there will be even more who read your comment who won't like it.

ni2bg, I don't think you have to apologise to tony. As a mod I would have thought he could have been a little more tactful

ADMIN, If this topic is going to disrupt the pleasant harmony we have on the forum then please lock it because I don't like comments such as I could not give a stuff. when most members are doing their upmost to support the under-dogs T
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:35 pm

I made a complaint earlier to Godaddy and this is the reply, it seems they are not the hosting co.

Dear Andy,

Thank you for contacting the GoDaddy.com Network Abuse Department.

We are not the hosting provider for this site. We are the domain name registrar only. We have neither access to, nor jurisdiction over the content on this site.

The web hosting provider for this website is the company responsible for policing any content that appears on this site. To determine the web hosting provider, use a publicly-available tool, like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. This tool will give you the resolving IP address which can then be compared to ARIN's ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) IP allocation database. This will give you the relevant information for the true hosting provider.

Please submit your complaint to this company based on their AUP.

Sincerely,

Network Abuse Department
GoDaddy.com
24/7 Network Abuse Department Hotline: 480-624-2505
ARID1022
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:51 am

willowsend wrote:
nu2bg wrote:
tonyb60 wrote:

I could not give a stuff about exposerascam :Hair:

Sorry Tony but I think if you had been a victim then maybe you wouldn't have said something as crass as this. Yes maybe you are right in some of what you have said Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 3998065313 here but this is defiantly the wrong topic to say such a thing unless you yourself have had some experience of this particular site. I'm sorry if you don't like what I've said but there will be even more who read your comment who won't like it.

ni2bg, I don't think you have to apologise to tony. As a mod I would have thought he could have been a little more tactful

ADMIN, If this topic is going to disrupt the pleasant harmony we have on the forum then please lock it because I don't like comments such as I could not give a stuff. when most members are doing their upmost to support the under-dogs T

My remark means that I have more concern for the members of this forum in the fact that they to do not get embroiled in the very thing that they are trying to stop. If by being caring is a crime then I am guilty as charged. This is a very emotive subject and there must be more people abused than I had ever imagined.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:15 am

:Thank you:to everybody who are showing their true colours on this topic, Contact details for Exposeascam have been forwarded to the police Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Just wondering ???? should the Godaddy info be deleted?
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Good point Andy since they are not the hosting co. s
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:34 pm

i was looking forward to this topic, hoping to gain some insight into these other forums and what they actually do. but there has been very little information about these forums and the focus seems to be infighting amongst members of the same forum Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 2345823347 amazing.

there are no malicious members on this forum, admin sees to that, g
this topic has lost its way and non of us are any wiser of the sites we have to be carefeul of Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 794030042

personally, i would clear the whole topic .leaving the opening statement and hopefully those who can contribute about these other sites will do so. g
or am i showing my true colours, whatever that means. Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 4:15 pm

I have to disagree with you to a point, the site that has been mentioned [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is at least one that I know of that should be avoided at all cost and can not be trusted and I know of others too but lets see what other members experiences are first. I could give you a list of maybe half a dozen but as I said lets see what others have to say and then maybe this discussion can kick off again in the way it was meant to.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 4:32 pm

some sites, thats plural, lets hope we can now learn about these sites. g
Back to top Go down
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Well what a read and I can understand all this as I was a victim of such postings on this site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The person that stated the hate campaign against me posted all sorts of lies about me and my family and when I contacted the owner of the site and told them and even offered them proof they refused to remove anything saying only a request from the poster asking for the post to be removed is required before they would take any action, I tried always even getting my lawyer to contact them but they just simply quoted some U.S law. In the end I manged with the help of a few friends to get the person who posted the lies to get it removed. How do they get away with it Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Andy wrote:
Just wondering ???? should the Godaddy info be deleted?
g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:34 pm

LisA wrote:
Well what a read and I can understand all this as I was a victim of such postings on this site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] person that stated the hate campaign against me posted all sorts of lies about me and my family and when I contacted the owner of the site and told them and even offered them proof they refused to remove anything saying only a request from the poster asking for the post to be removed is required before they would take any action, I tried always even getting my lawyer to contact them but they just simply quoted some U.S law. In the end I manged with the help of a few friends to get the person who posted the lies to get it removed. How do they get away with it Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 794030042

Have a look at the following LisA, you might like to sign on

Re: How can we as a forum HELP!!
Don't forget folk, there is the new forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where you can join if you haven't already, and voice your opinion. It appears to be doing very well considering it is only for dedicated fraud subjects
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:44 pm

starlite wrote:
some sites, thats plural, lets hope we can now learn about these sites. g

starlite, What exactly do you hope to learn about these sites, please explain, as it is very difficult to show content without exposing the perpetrators and in many cases the victims details ie, name, address, IP, Tel No, etc etc, Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some sites to be careful of

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next