altText
altText
altText

Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kuhn

Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia. Empty
PostSubject: Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia.   Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi every one,

Is it possible to travel from Bulgaria through Serbia and Bosnia &
Herzegovina
on a non EU passport
(South African) but with Bulgarian Permanent Residence card?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia.   Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:13 pm

I would say no, although you have residence for Bulgaria it doesn't entitle you to free travel between other and neither of these are eu members. Someone else might be able to clarify this better.
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia.   Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Have a look at thuis site it gives information for travel through Serbia [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... oreigners/
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia.   Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:48 pm

our route avoided serbia, our reading of serbia was unsettling, this country is still in political turmoil and safe passage is not a safe bet, so we ruled it out. g c
Back to top Go down
kuhn

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia.   Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Thank you all for the replies so far.

I have Permanent Residency status in Bulgaria and that entitles me to all the advantages as a Bulgarian citizen except voting.
I have travelled freely through the EU before but not in his particular direction.

Serbia. Mmmmmmmm. Might give it a miss and go up through Romania into Hungary then Slovenia. They're all EU members.

From looking at Google Earth, does one have to go all the way up to Bucharest in Romania before turning west to Hungary or is there another route following the western Romanian border?

I don't want to do the Greece, Ingomanitza, Bari route again. Looking for something a little different.

Oh, I'll be going by bike too g !
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia.   Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi Kuhn Bulgariabill is your man for directions, he spends hours planning routs for his family. He will be on shortly and no doubt will point you in the right direction. g Good luck with your journey do let us know how you get on

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia.   Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:42 pm

I had a brilliant route from Netsniper so well written to and it only took me 2+ day with 2 of us driving. I would avoid Serbia at all costs I had a friend who came through there and was detained for 9 hours for no reason other than he looked like someone they wanted.
Back to top Go down
marlyn
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia.   Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:32 am

starlite wrote:
our route avoided serbia, our reading of serbia was unsettling, this country is still in political turmoil and safe passage is not a safe bet, so we ruled it out. g c

Serbia is completely safe i have traveled this way for the past 3 years at least twice a year, the people are friendly and welcoming, but as all countries there are places you should not go just stay to the main tourist areas and you will have no problems at all
Back to top Go down
АзСъмОтБългария
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia.   Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:24 am

But your way is Bulgaria-Serbia-Croatia-Slovenia and then Italy. I'm with Bulgarian ID card and I pass through the borders without problem. But i don't understand what do you have?
Back to top Go down
АзСъмОтБългария
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia.   Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:27 am

But what's your problem with Serbia? Why you want to avoid it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia.   Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bulgaria To Italy through Slovenia.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1