View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

As we all probably know David Cameron stood defiantly behind his historic veto of a new EU power grab today. So can someone please give me an insight as to how this looks for the uk and its citizens in the long run? I'm happy that DC has put his foot down, but I'm concerned he's done it to appease the public after years of meddling by Brussels and maybe there's others like me who don't understand the long term repercussions. Will this not hit the uk hard in the future?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
silky4015
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Good post oldun.

People you have nothing to worry about, there are now other countries in the EU who are saying that they will not put large amounts of money into the pot.

France has over borrowed and if it doesn’t tighten its belt, it too will be going down the same road as Spain, Greece and other countries.

Though some countries rattle their sabres, they are still afraid of the UK, because we import a lot of goods from the EU.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Indeed -  It may well be that Cameron is showing he could be someone to be reckoned with.  In other words, a great leader.  Leaders are not there to be liked but to make strong decisions.  Other EU members may well follow his lead.  I keep watching for developments on TV but not much seems to be happening.  However I guess even politicians have a Christmas holiday.  The last I saw of Merkel, she was visiting some far flung land about something other than the euro crisis.  Is she now Royalty one wonders?
By the way - Welcome to the forum Silky4015!   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 2142662594
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Cameron's EU deal after PM's plan is blasted as a 'con' and it emerges migrants WILL still get handouts and be allowed to send child benefit home. The very fact that the EU insists that we must pay child benefit to kids from other countries who have never even been to Britain should be enough for Cameron to say "we are out". The 'red card' is useless, when will he ever get the support of 14 other countries? The 'emergency brake' is even worse, having to ask permission to curb migrants' benefits but not until our benefit system is in serious trouble and even then it will be the EU that decides. I didn't expect him to achieve much but even I'm surprised at the pathetic deal he is trying to get away with. I think The EU knows that Cameron will either rig the referendum or refuse to have one, they don't need to give him anything.

Foot note: I do believe that I am not off topic and its all part of the same question?
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
cowshed-sarah

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 2:45 pm

He said on BBC news night, when asked about his manifesto pledge to stop sending child benefit abroad. He said I can put my hand on my heart and say I got what I pledged in the manifesto. While he new that what he asked for was reduced payments to go abroad. This by the way is only a chance to discuss it it has not been confirmed that it will happen. He is one slime ball, what he doesn't say is far more important than what he says. David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 2:49 pm

Am I being naive in thinking a deal as pathetically ridiculous as this will be put before the British people to actually get them to vote NO. I think to myself why is a referendum offered in the first place? Why a referendum after all these years after initially voting on a common market with six members? Are we being guided out as the writing is on the wall and the government want to keep everything sweet with the free loaders of Europe in case he actually does get a yes vote and we have to carry on with business as usual. It's like a game of poker at the moment with people doing double bluffs and keeping cards close to their chest. My gut feeling is Britain is finished if we stay in this madhouse and everybody in government knows it.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Very disappointed. clear he is being dishonest which bodes badly for the uk. Corbyn and his cronies are half wits, traitors, or both and now we know we cannot trust Cameron. Last year he claimed that he would never pay the EU 1.7 billion pound surcharge, did pay but claimed he hadn't although he had. He cannot be trusted over the EU. They want our 55 million quid a day plus the fortune they make on the balance of trade with us and will help him falsify wording to make it look as if he has a deal. Do not believe him. it is all rubbish and the uk should no longer to be ruled by a couple of tubby nobodies from Brussels or Luxembourg. David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 2581928987
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 5:05 pm

Cameron is not 'Battling for Britain ( may the ghosts of the "Few" haunt him forever) he is about to sign a surrender. The Referendum will be rigged, the EU can not carry on without the money it receives from the UK, plus IF the UK was allowed to leave countries like Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal may well try to leave and the German dream of a United States of Europe will be finished.
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:24 pm

I am sorry but you just cannot believe this it is just part of the scam David Cameron will accept anything he gets no matter how small & then try to sell it to the people as a good deal even if we end up being the losers the EU was alright in the beginning when it was just the European Common Market but even then it needed reforming especially the so called Common Agricultural Policy but now it as turned into such an uncompetitive group with countries borrowing & spending well beyond their means that it is only a matter of time till a large part of it collapses especially countries like Greece who cannot carry on living in austerity all because they borrowed and spent to much money on German goods.
Back to top Go down
fizzgiguk2001

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 8:52 am

Once again Dave has stood like a proud lion against the EU and roared like the mouse he is. Again and again the PM has said how he is going to get a better deal for the UK and ends up like a whipped dog with it's tail between it's legs. Wake up Dave, they need us not the other way round. Try putting the GREAT back into GREAT BRITAIN.
Back to top Go down
baxter
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 8:55 am

Failure to strike a deal in the coming hours could force Mr Cameron to delay Britain's EU referendum. ' No, failure to strike a deal means that the EU has no interest whatsoever in making ANY meaningful concessions to the UK. If there's no deal, the only honourable action our so-called Prime Minister can take with any semblance of dignity is to turn his back on the rat pack EU, walk out and lead the LEAVE campaign. If he doesn't do that it's obvious he was determined to sell us out from the start.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 4:18 pm

BBC Question Time bias last night: a panel made up of four completely pro EU people and one undecided. This is not good enough on such an important issue. They should have made efforts to ensure they had some anti EU representation on the panel. I have made a complaint on the BBC website - first time I've done that and very easy to do. If you agree, please consider making a complaint.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 7:01 pm

A direct link might have been useful Gimp!
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Watch this

Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 12:26 pm

The EU politicians are delighted with the deal deluded Dave got and, after the summit, many were reported in the media as saying how easy it would be to overturn because Treaty change would be needed to make it legal and that was not what Cameron got, only empty promises to fob him off and shut him up. As usual Cameron is still trying to fool the British electorate, and anyone who believes him is a fool.
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 12:29 pm

I was listening to the leader of the Euro Parliament , and that is what you have to do, Listen...very carefully, to the words they use and it was obvious to me that there is nothing legally binding about this deal at all because, as he said, it is not written into any treaty. It's the same as when Cameron gave his speech, right after the supposed agreement, when he was talking about the restriction on immigrants benefits he kept stressing the words "full benefits". I take this to mean that they would still be able to claim some benefits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Cameron's 'Veto'   David Cameron's 'Veto' - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Cameron's 'Veto'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3