View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Looks hopeful - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Looks hopeful   Looks hopeful - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:12 am

First topic message reminder :

After a year of trying to sell our property a family from Holland were outside our gate when I awoke yesterday.
Not a good start for us first thing in the morning, Eric had to take the dogs out while I did a quick recky around the house. Living in a perfect tidy house all the time in case this should happen has not been enjoyable, it has not been relaxing for us, it has felt that I suffer from that cleaning disorder.
Yes we have had to take less than we wanted but,this could have gone on for ever. So they had a budget and were sticking to it, I really did try my hardest to get them to up the offer [ us ladies are always left to do this ] but knew they would only be here for a few days, so last night around 23.00 hrs we agreed.
Like many of you it is not easy to get back all the money and love and hard work we have put into our homes.
We are awaiting a phone call from them today so we can get together to tell them what we will be leaving, and that amounts to nearly everything.
My stomach is doing all sorts of things at the moment.

We will keep you informed. Looks hopeful - Page 4 3998065313
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Looks hopeful   Looks hopeful - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:56 am

oddball wrote:
H H [size=150:16055dfp]Ah diddles sending you both big huge hugs :group: H H It can only get better from now on. An yes agree with you get someone in to do the lifting for the [size=150:16055dfp]big move.

Sleep well my lovelies, rest your weary bodies ready to start again tomorrow Looks hopeful - Page 4 1865348797

Oddy s

Yes oddy our weary bodies are now replenished and work has started in earnest. Our temporary accommodation has 3 bedrooms like the apartment we had left, only difference was two of the bedrooms have no wardrobes at all!! This may not be a problem to many people but me and Annette seem to have amassed a huge amount of clothes since living here in Turkey. Much to our pleasure the local DIY were selling those temporary "
build them yourself"
wardrobes which are made of metal tubes and corner plastic pieces. I had a Meccano set when I was a youngster and couldn't wait to get started and build these things into something useful. The first smaller wardrobe went well and with Annettes help at the end to get the cloth cover on it was a great success. The second one however, was made of about 50 metal tubes and 50 plastic corner and joining pieces. All was OK until near the end when looking at my hands there was blood on both of them where I had been bashing them together with my hands instead of using the wooden mallet. One wooden mallet and 10 minutes later it was finished. These wardrobes are brilliant and we will be using them again when we move next time.
Looks hopeful - Page 4 2581928987
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Looks hopeful   Looks hopeful - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 10:04 am

After all the moving and now in a rented house in Turkey we are coming to BG next week to have a look at a property that we are hoping to purchase in the VT area. The garden is more more like a field because we have 4 dogs and it would give us great pleasure to see them running around and enjoying themselves. They have been given their rabies jabs and in October their blood taken for a test which is sent to Ankara, after 3 months the results are back sent to us and after a load of paperwork they will be ready to go to BG. We are really excited and keen to get over to BG and start our life living there. I came over to BG 3 weeks ago and enjoyed it very much, the countryside looks great, the Bulgarian people where nice, even car drivers were more responsible and careful than the Turkish ones here in Altinkum. So there we are, just sat around now waiting for 3 or 4 months to click by and we will be in overdrive to get everything sorted and ready for the long drive to VT.

Looks hopeful - Page 4 2706089290 Looks hopeful - Page 4 2706089290
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Looks hopeful   Looks hopeful - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 10:23 am

So pleased for you - all your waiting has really paid off. The time will fly by!!!

I dread to think what the drivers are like in Turkey if you think Bulgarian drivers are more responsible!!! Looks hopeful - Page 4 1865348797 Looks hopeful - Page 4 1865348797
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Looks hopeful   Looks hopeful - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Good luck and fingers crossed for you Looks hopeful - Page 4 1430720830 And Esta's right you ain't seen nothing yet Looks hopeful - Page 4 2381841692
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Looks hopeful   Looks hopeful - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 8:59 pm

Good luck mate Looks hopeful - Page 4 3023850720
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
cowshed-sarah

PostSubject: Re: Looks hopeful   Looks hopeful - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:55 am

Hope it goes well for you and you find what your looking for. and do be careful driving in BG.
Back to top Go down
carter

PostSubject: Re: Looks hopeful   Looks hopeful - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:46 am

Hope you find all you are looking for in Bulgaria.........we have and have no regrets about leaving Didim.
Dont worry about the dogs paperwork-we bought our 6 dogs over and all was smooth-mainly thanks to using a vet who got everything spot on-Ali Durmus........remember to have photo copies of paperwork to hand in at the border when you come over with the dogs,or they keep the originals.
The driving is certainly a great improvement than Turkey........even though dicey at times.
Good luck
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Looks hopeful   Looks hopeful - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:41 pm

carter wrote:
Hope you find all you are looking for in Bulgaria.........we have and have no regrets about leaving Didim.
Dont worry about the dogs paperwork-we bought our 6 dogs over and all was smooth-mainly thanks to using a vet who got everything spot on-Ali Durmus........remember to have photo copies of paperwork to hand in at the border when you come over with the dogs,or they keep the originals.
The driving is certainly a great improvement than Turkey........even though dicey at times.
Good luck

Thanks carter your info will be really useful, we just arrived back from VT after 4 days and had a brilliant time, started to buy our house and Annette is pleased she has now got a new washing machine and spin dryer. The spin dryer was so much cheaper than buying over here in Turkey thank goodness!!

Our dogs are being attended to buy Ali Durmus as well and he will do the blood tests and all the paperwork for us, we hope all goes well with the results with all 4 dogs. Not looking forward to the 16 hour drive to VT when the time comes, but will only have to do it once.

c c
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Looks hopeful   Looks hopeful - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:57 am

Well done glad you had a good trip and found what your looking for keep us informed about your progress and the big move.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Looks hopeful   Looks hopeful - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:58 am

I was about to say the same good luck Looks hopeful - Page 4 2581928987
Back to top Go down
carter

PostSubject: Re: Looks hopeful   Looks hopeful - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:49 pm

Well done and hope you settle in your new home.
We dreaded the journey as well,but it was fine and soon forgotten when we saw how the dogs absolutely love life here.......as do we.
Another thing we have found very useful here are our rechargeable emergency lights we bought at the million shop in Didim-we gave one to our neighbour and she thinks it is absolutely fantastic .
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: Looks hopeful   Looks hopeful - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Hope the move goes well for you and don't worry too much about the long drive it the drive in Bulgaria once you live here you need to worry about and please take your time when you do drive over here because most Bulgarians don't give a sh**T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks hopeful   Looks hopeful - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looks hopeful

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-