altText

Our Website Guestbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 7:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys s

I have just been on our website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I am a little embarrassed as nobody has signed the guest book since March Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 2345823347 therefore, I wonder if any of you have a little time over the weekend or so would you please drop in, have a read, registrar and leave a comment. We would be very grateful indeed.

Thanks a million. Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 1536469901

Berni &
Dougie xx
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:48 am

I thought the idea of moderation was for them to be checked before they appear? Sorry Berni I meant to say Dug s
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:57 am

Daisy wrote:
I thought the idea of moderation was for them to be checked before they appear? Sorry Berni I meant to say Dug s

Oh dear Daisey Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 2345823347 Douglas is in the doghouse now Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 1865348797 Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 1865348797

I've posted and it was much easier with the guestbook.
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:35 am

Just had a look but something isn't right :shocked1:I think I must be seeing treble :shocked1:these posts appear 3 times all with the same date and time so its either a spammer or not being moderated correctly? This is only my thoughts Bernie not a criticism

Michelle
NOVEMBER 17, 2011 AT 02:17
Like everyone, My family and I would like to Thank Berni and dougi and the Children of the Dimcho Debelianov Orphanage, for making the garden party so special. It was good to see so many people turn out to support both the orphange, and Berni and Dougi. We are so glad that we could take part and hope the same for next year. Seeing the hard work and effort that everyone offered was amazing. The children were so delightful, and enjoyed every minute. Lets hope next year it is bigger then this years event with more turning up on the day. Kindest regards Bulgarian lifestyle.

Joanna Newman
NOVEMBER 17, 2011 AT 09:15
Hi Guys love this, well done to designer. Easir to leave comments &
thats always good! Can he sort out my blog site LOL x
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:42 am

I don't think its spam I think maybe Bill has just missed it perhaps he's been on the pop :Drunk:Only joking Bill
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Just had another quick peep and the links are now all at the top. Hope you don't mind me saying Berni but it look even worse now sorry to be so honest. Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 3998065313
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Blink wrote:
Just had another quick peep and the links are now all at the top. Hope you don't mind me saying Berni but it look even worse now sorry to be so honest. Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 3998065313

Hi Guys

Thank you Blink for your posting and honesty We are trying to get things sorted but we do need positive and negative feedback to help us achieve this. Therefore, please feel free to tell us what you think as we can only learn from feedback. What we have to remember is the site represents us and the work we do and should be professional. So please be as direct as you can with feedback, we will not be offended. Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 3367882216 Thanks a million.

One more request please - the email address via the website is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] some of you said you get a blank white page and cannot move any further - when you have a moment would you send a test email to this email please. I am not getting any email at all so need to check it out. T
Berni.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi Bernie sent you a test mail directly but I can't send anything from your site all I get is a blank page when I click the little tiger. g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:53 pm

I am not very good with computers, so to me it has to be self explanatory. i dont like the titles at the top as they are not in any order, there are many related titles that could be blocked together. let me try to explain.
meet the team is on line 1
sponsors is on line3
people who help us is on line 4
how you can help is on line 4
make a donation is on line 1.
all people related so should be together.

down the left hand side, which is currently blank, could look something like this.

INTRODUCTION
.Home
.Dimcho Debalianov orphange
.our cause

MEET THE PEOPLE
.meet the team
.sponsors
.people who help us
.how you can help
.make a donation

MEDIA
.newsletters
.photo album
.ect ect.

dont know what you think about this, it just seems easier. g s
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Berni, In your latest posting you say and I quote:- What we have to remember is the site represents us and the work we do and should be professional. So please be as direct as you can with feedback, we will not be offended

I feel very happy and sad for you, Happy because of the lovely nature you have towards life, and your love and devotion towards those children at THE SILISTRA ORPHANAGE. As you rightly say you have a full time job so it is hard for most of us to understand how you manage to find the time to do as much as you do, so as long as you and Dougie stay fit and healthy , long may it continue. As far as a photographer for this year is concerned, I hope he or she will do a good job for you Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 1865348797
Now I am going to try and offend you. Yes I totally agree with you that your site has to be professional as it represents you and the work you do, so I am sad for all the effort that has been put into the site by you and Bill that it doesn't actually reflect its true colours. I think that if I was looking for a word to describe it the word would have to be messy and in the past not the easist to navigate, some of the grammer and spelling needs attention, and I don't know who that is down to for checking, you Berni or Admin of site
So hopefully we will continue to c and be :Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 1931734156:
ATB Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 1536469901
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:02 pm

I have to agree with both recent and all comments made here. I think what starlite has said is very important there are a lot of people who do not get on very well with the internet and sites so it needs to be easy and I'm sorry to say your site isn't at all easy to navigate, I don't know the person who is doing all the work for you but I would say he is going about it completely wrong and that isn't a knock at him personally but at the quality of work sorry to be so frank about it. It reminds me of a cheap not very well thought out site. Sorry again.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:20 pm

sallyann wrote:
I have to agree with both recent and all comments made here. I think what starlite has said is very important there are a lot of people who do not get on very well with the internet and sites so it needs to be easy and I'm sorry to say your site isn't at all easy to navigate, I don't know the person who is doing all the work for you but I would say he is going about it completely wrong and that isn't a knock at him personally but at the quality of work sorry to be so frank about it. It reminds me of a cheap not very well thought out site. Sorry again.

Perhaps this could be down to the difference between somebody getting paid to do a professional job and somebody giving their time and services out of the kindness of their heart. I don't know, but what is obvious is that this topic has got up speed with some good input
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:03 pm

You may be right Bryan but either way it does need to be sorted out for Beni as it will reflect on her to those who don't know what she is about.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:48 pm

g Thanks Guys this is the sort of feedback that is needed to help us to improve T
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:31 pm

oddball wrote:
g Thanks Guys this is the sort of feedback that is needed to help us to improve T

Berni, Being that you so kindly referred to Walnut House as a sponsor I thought I would just take a look to see who else I had for company
and I have to say I was not a bit impressed with the layout, sorry Berni but it is an utter mess the banners are all over the place and don't do you or the site any justice
But I still :Hearts:you
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:25 am

Hi All
Thanks for the comments / feedback, I have taken some on board and have been trying to alter other area's to the best of my ability.
As a previous post states, I am no expert at this, and offered some three years back to construct a basic website to promote the venture, as my contribution to it, and for that purpose used one of the many free web builder sites that were available, which at that time seemed to do the job.

As time has progressed and Berni and Doug have increased in popularity and various extra ventures, that site became too small to cope with the demand and it was obvious that more space and functionality would be needed, hence the move to the new host and layout.

I am still on a learning curve with all the extra functions that are available, and moved all the previous site information to the new one hoping to maintain the continuity.

It is becoming more obvious to me now with the increased content and my level of expertise and available time that I am getting out of my depth with providing a suitable effective site which does justice to their efforts, so perhaps now would be the right time to admit defeat and hand it over to someone with more experience and know how. So if anyone out there has the know how and time to take this on please contact Berni,
In the meantime I am happy to continue tweaking and updating and getting the information out there the best way I can :Searching:and will try an implement some of your suggestions above Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 3367882216
Cheers
Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Website Guestbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next