View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

I found this topic on the Internet but it was originally in Bulgarian but you can make it out so have a read its really interesting

Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria

In most cases, foreign property owners have themselves to blame for lost money

The first reason is the crisis. The second is that Bulgaria went bad name as a place where British and Irish people are scammed. In forums and in the Western press circulated to the complaints of people who lost money in the country. Such stories as "
horror stories"
. In details not vnikva and that buyers are innocent victims, it seems obvious, because our country is known for corruption and iniquity.

Causes

But I already four years working on these same Englishmen and not see it that way. It is true that Bulgaria is corrupt, but the reasons for lost investments are in themselves buyers. Recently, consult one of them what his views are to regain the one hundred and fifty thousand euro. My conclusion was that they had none. Having heard this, he said literally the following: "
Bulgarian legislation is bad, because it protects buyers by themselves."
A similar idea is in sharp conflict with the Roman maxim that the law is sighted, and not sleeping. In other words, if the buyer is not vigilant, is his own fault that he lost money. And these are the same Romans, whose successors in law are both we and the British.
This man had done anything reckless. Had given a proxy to a stranger to pull its deposits from fully and to spend the money as it sees fit. And not only was not considered any collateral, but even contract was not concluded. He was very surprised when he explained that the attorney only grants rights but does not create obligations. So this same Englishman I find no fault in their actions and was convinced that the reason we lost money in Bulgaria.
Another was convinced that he has bought a house and when he realized that it would receive non-built space, wanted to sue the seller. The contract, however, who stood in his signature, was clearly written that only purchased the land, not building. And that contract was written in their native language, but apparently this guy was not bothered to read it.
One woman complained for months on the forums about what a terrible place is Bulgaria, contacted me to advise her how to return the money. After I read the contract which it was concluded, and found no wrongdoing. It happened precisely what was written in black and white.

Mentality

Westerners come from a different world where everything is settled, calm and where the government protect them from dangers such as small children. Once you give money, it is understood that they will receive what is given them. When people buy apartments there, they worry whether they will be not deceived, but what will be the color of bathroom tiles. You can not lose them, for them is so obvious that they never think about the issue of preventive measures. In Bulgaria, these people are like farm animals removed from farm and thrown into the jungle. They are not accustomed to looking and when they hit just can not understand where they come.

Agents

To this should be added that the West people do not do everything yourself and pay for professionals from the field to do the job. In these real estate professionals are called "
agents"
, so their first job, when they decide to buy in Bulgaria is to raise that term in the search engine together with the name of our country. Immediately leaving many companies are called "
agents"
. They can not imagine a world without such people and I see a familiar word, decide they have found what they want. Their assumption that there are agents in Bulgaria is confirmed. If it does not like to go deep into details and explore how it actually is the issue. Prefer to view color pictures instead of reading thick books. Once something confirmed their expectations, you can not help but be so! English in Bulgaria come to buy property with the mood of tourists who are seated to order in a restaurant rather than serious investors. So they expect the menu instead of the book's instructions.

Differences

Under the Commercial Code, however, the country has firms, not agents. The difference is substantial. The mediator does not represent the parties and shall not be liable if one has not fulfilled its obligations to the other. The mediator only them "
svatosva. The deal is between the buyer and seller of the property. He takes money from both sides and thus protect the interest of neither one nor the other. In England, the agent is paid only on one side and he is responsible if its too expensive to sell property or if it lost money in other ways. Therefore, Westerners who have found the Internet entrepreneur who calls himself "
agent"
are left trustingly in his hands. For them, the story ends. They pay him and therefore no need to think about anything.
Englishmen go even further in its stupidity. They rely on the firm erroneously called "
agent"
to them and choose a lawyer. So instead of an independent and competent counsel, they appear to be the most illiterate lawyer who in some cases not even a lawyer. But even is it necessarily loyal to the firm which he found a job, not the client who is. Customers are changing, the firm remains. Customer is a fee, the firm - many fees. Therefore, those dependent on lawyers do what they want the mediator. Collateral no avail, and contracts are concluded in the most rapid and easy manner, which in turn means that the shuffle.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:32 am

Well done oldun I like all your writings no matter what they are about so do please continue Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 2706089290
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:42 am

oldun wrote:
Oops sorry Sallyann. My memory doesn't seem to last a minute nowadays! Back to topic folks and I won't mention Greece again. Itchyfeet and Fruitlover had better not mention Turkey again either or Johnbaz will be decreasing your Karma! Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 2381841692

Turkey thats what you have at Christmas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:33 am

johnbaz wrote:
I did that Oldun because you keep going on and on about Greece i thought this was about Bulgaria ? Why are they not buying because they dont have the money the language is hard to learn flights are expensive and the infrastructure is crap . In other words there dont want to . If i dont get a karma for that i will be very upset . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[size=150:21qsccie]This might interest you johnbaz. If it does can I have a karma please
20 June 2011 Last updated at 08:43 Share this pageEmail Print Share this page

507ShareFacebookTwitter.Greece: Eurozone ministers delay decision on vital loanComments (126)

Many Greeks are opposed to further cuts, which the government says are absolutely crucial
Continue reading the main story
Greece crisisHewitt: Greek revolution?
Q&
A: Debt crisis
Greek PM calls for unity on debt
Greek debt 'threatens eurozone'
Eurozone finance ministers have postponed their decision on a 12bn euro ($17bn;
£10bn) loan to Greece until it introduces further austerity measures.

The ministers said they expected to pay the latest tranche of a 110bn euro EU and IMF aid package by mid-July.

But it will depend on the Greek parliament passing 28bn euros of new spending cuts and economic reforms.

The ministers also committed to put together a second bail-out package to keep the country afloat.

Jean-Claude Juncker, Luxembourg's prime minister who chairs the meetings of the 17 eurozone finance ministers, said that as long as the Greek parliament supported the new measures, he was certain Greece would get a second bail-out.

The Greek government expects a second rescue package to be similar in size to the first one.

Athens has said it needs the 12bn euros from the existing package by July to avoid defaulting on its debt.

Belgian Finance Minister Didier Reynders said the release of that would depend on the Greek Prime Minister, George Papandreou, surviving a confidence vote on Tuesday.

"
To move to the payment of the next tranche, we need to be sure that the Greek parliament will approve the confidence vote and support the programme, so the decision will be taken at the start of the month of July,"
he said.

'Traitors!'

Earlier, thousands of people gathered outside the parliament building in Athens to oppose any further cuts.

Waving banners and Greek flags, they shouted: "
Thieves! Traitors!"

Analysis

Gavin Hewitt

BBC Europe editor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even if there is another bail-out of around 110bn euros, Greeks have lost faith in the plan. All they see is debt piling on debt.

This is where the danger lies: a creeping despair;
injured national pride;
10 years of austerity.

Even so, the bet must be that the Greeks reluctantly, sullenly, will go along with new austerity, but I have sensed a despair that last year just wasn't there, and no-one knows where that will lead.

Read Gavin Hewitt's blog
Inside, Mr Papandreou urged MPs to accept his programme of tax increases, spending cuts and privatisation, which is expected to raise 50bn euros by 2015.

"
The consequences of a violent bankruptcy or exit from the euro would be immediately catastrophic for households, the banks and the country's credibility,"
he said at the start of a three-day debate.

Appeal for unity

After a seven-hour meeting in Luxembourg that ended early on Monday, the finance ministers said they would not approve the disbursement to Greece of the 12bn euros (8.7bn euros from eurozone governments and 3.3bn euros from the IMF) until the country's parliament passed the fiscal strategy and privatisation laws.

A statement issued by the ministers called on all political parties in Greece to: "
support the programme's main objectives and key policy measures to ensure a rigorous and expeditious implementation"

"
Given the length, magnitude and nature of required reforms in Greece, national unity is a prerequisite for success,"
it added.

Greek bail-out timeline
May 2010: EU and IMF agree bail-out package to prevent Greece defaulting on its debts;
in return, Greece agrees to make 30bn euros of budget cuts over the next three years
February 2011: EU and IMF experts tell Greece it must make further cuts to keep recovery on track
April 2011: EU figures reveal Greek deficit revised up to 10.5% of GDP, worse than previously thought
May 2011: Greece begins privatisation programme but is warned the IMF may not release more funds as Athens cannot guarantee it will remain solvent for next 12 months
Q&
A: Greek debt crisis
Viewpoint: Politics of Greek crisis
The ministers also concluded that because Greece was unlikely to return to the commercial money markets by early 2012, a second bail-out would be needed.

The new aid package, to be outlined by early July, will include loans from other eurozone countries.

It is also expected to feature a voluntary contribution from private investors, who will be invited to buy up new Greek bonds as old ones mature.

"
Ministers agreed that the required additional funding will be financed through both official and private sources and welcome the pursuit of voluntary private sector involvement in the form of informal and voluntary roll-overs of existing Greek debt at maturity for a substantial reduction of the required year-by-year funding within the programme, while avoiding a selective default for Greece,"
the statement said.

Officials said the plan was expected to fund Greece into late 2014 and total about 120bn euros.

The agreement came after the eurozone ministers held a conference call with other members of the G7 group of rich industrialised nations
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Gimp wrote:
Well done oldun I like all your writings no matter what they are about so do please continue Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 2706089290

I have to say that I too agree with Gimp but lets get this back on topic I'm soooooooooooo enjoying the read s
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks Gimp. Just to follow Johnbaz's complaints about Bulgaria which may or may not be the reason for lack of buyers.
1. Infrastructure may not be good for cars with all the 'dupkas' aka ,holes in the road but the buses, coaches and taxis which exist to get people from villages to town and from airports are far more, better and cheaper than anything Britain has to offer. There you either need a car or an expense account for train or coach commutes.
2. Cheap flights are available if you book ahead and don't go for the extras like Speedy boarding etc. (see Easyjet and Wizzair) Coach routes from Sofia to VT and other big cities run regularly and are cheap.
3. Language. Yes it has an unusual (to us) alphabet but once this is mastered and you can then learn some useful phrases, the locals will help whenever you try to communicate. Sprinkled with some gestures which become fun. even the most reserved Brit can become familiar with the language. Looking up words heard often in a dictionary helps too although most of what I learn this way goes in one ear and out the other. Much more respect will be gained by trying to use Bulgarian language rather than insisting on speaking totally in English. Bulgarians are happy to help and know its quite a difficult language.
If you have a Bulgarian partner it becomes much easier to become fluent. Some of my English girlfriends who married Greeks (oops sorry JB) soon became fluent because they spoke it in the home.
The reason not many are buying now, is purely and simply down to money. Those who bought as investors do not see much profit in buying a 40,000euro renovation to sell on, and those who might like the lifestyle might not wish to take a chance of living the dream when they have to use all their capital to buy. Hence only very very cheap 'ruins' are selling.
Lastly in answer to JB, having experience of living in another country abroad makes it easier to understand the rules and accept the differences between life in Britain and Bulgaria. I think Fruitlover and Itchyfeet have covered this very well. Much in life is by comparison.
Of course, I am a complete eccentric and I willingly settle for my village life here which is something I could never afford, as a pensioner, in Britain. Naturally, when I visit my family for a couple of weeks a year, I really enjoy it but then I am a tourist and have saved some cash so I don't have to worry about exchange rates and cost of living there and its great to see them all. I am always happy to return to Bulgaria because at my age my needs are far less than they were when I was 40.
Well done Willowsend for that informative piece. Just as I predicted when I lived in Greece, (apologies again!), you didn't need to be a rocket scientist to know that the Greeks had no idea of 'paying back'. My guess is that the poplulation as a whole is blaming the Government (don't we all?) and do not see that they should pay for the country to get out of debt. Where all this money bailing out these debt-ridden countries is coming from - who knows? If Britain, for instance, can expect people to cough up £400 a head in the bail out ( I read this somewhere) and they are not even in the EEC why on earth are they still not unfreezing old peoples' pensions? Charity begins at home does it not? Then again what do we humble folks know? Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Sorry Oldun but when i was in London last i had a free Oyster card and i could get a bus every 10 minutes day and night . That's what i call cheap . Do you think easy jet are cheap for 4 people compared to a package holiday in the med dont forget you can travel when you like most Can not . If you have a holiday home here in a remote village you need to have a car and pay to have the place looked after . The quality of the building is poor and the freezing winter is not a good time to leave a home unattended and on top of that all the paperwork that goes with it . If you are young and live here what are you going to do for work ? the Bulgarians have that one sorted most with money work abroad . The brain of this country are moving abroad at a alarming rate .
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Then what on earth are you doing here JB? Sounds like you are one of the forum people I was talking about who moan about all things Bulgarian.
Anyway, lets keep on topic which was why are Brits not buying in Bulgaria now and not about free Oyster cards in London. I paid for mine by the way because I am not a UK resident. Pensioners in Bulgaria do get concessions - I got one to go into Tzaravetz! s Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:17 pm

I love it here , but then i like London as well and Ruse and Sofia . This is no place for a young person and as i said the cost of having a home here out ways the enjoyment i would say . I dont mind it in the summer but in the winter no thanks.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:18 pm

Gimp wrote:

Me too H H Well done flower Oddy xx
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:54 pm

Perhaps it's time to remember Everyone is different - we each have our own unique reasons for where we live and they don't all apply to other people. You could ask 20 folks why they don't want to buy in Bulgaria and get 20 different answers, and that's how it should be. Bulgaria clearly has much to offer because many different kinds of people are drawn to spend time here, in a variety of different ways. Let's continue to enjoy our differences on this forum which gives an excellent opportunity to broaden one's outlook by taking an interest in all the different opinions and values members express here. Viva Our bulgaria forum I say!
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:24 pm

and perhaps its time to admit that Bulgaria has shot itself in the foot....there has been so much sh*te come out in Bulgaria in the last 9 / 10 yrs...the corruption .the rip offs ,the greed of not only the everyday bulgarians but the developers , the suicedes of brits that lost everything , the constant fight for a fair deal in all things ,the stupid bearocricy ( no i cant spell ! Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 1865348797 ).....shall i go on .., dont think so ....Bulgaria could and should be a wonderful place to live...and it is for many ...but for others its turned into a nightmare...and thats the kind of publicity it has been getting for a few years now ...grand for a holiday , maybe....but to buy for long term ...there are so many more countries that can offer much more .. plus a lot of the reasons that have been given on this thread ...its had its day......they have basically blown it !!..
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:54 pm

You mean like you don't get ripped off in Britain? No people selling property with subsidence problems they know about and don''t disclose, or in a re-development area that they've aready had the compensation for? Or built in a flood risk area or on cliff that's known to be falling into the sea, like the old Nalgo site at Knipe Point where new bungalows were built and sold in the full knowledge it was a high risk are, and has since crumbled away? If you've seen Watchdog and the various programs on TV about cowboy builders plumbers roofers electricians etc who quote for work that doesn't need doing and replace parts that aren't faulty and generally swindle anybody they can especially the elderly, with shoddy work and bodges and sometimes stealing peoples equipment and selling it to somebody else and charging the real owner an exhorbitant price for a replacement . . . . need I go on? Is Bulgaria really any worse than anywhere else?
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:05 pm

fruitlover wrote:
Is Bulgaria really any worse than anywhere else?
actually , yes........not back in the 1990,s ,but since all the hype of the last 10yrs or so ,for a non national , its just degenerated...execpt for a few people in a percentage.
people now can read forums and search the internet and see how its changed and what is happening in the country ...then hang on to their money , or buy elsewhwere.... s
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:12 pm

varnagirl wrote:
and perhaps its time to admit that Bulgaria has shot itself in the foot....there has been so much sh*te come out in Bulgaria in the last 9 / 10 yrs...the corruption .the rip offs ,the greed of not only the everyday bulgarians but the developers , the suicedes of brits that lost everything , the constant fight for a fair deal in all things ,the stupid bearocricy ( no i cant spell ! Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 1865348797 ).....shall i go on .., dont think so ....Bulgaria could and should be a wonderful place to live...and it is for many ...but for others its turned into a nightmare...and thats the kind of publicity it has been getting for a few years now ...grand for a holiday , maybe....but to buy for long term ...there are so many more countries that can offer much more .. plus a lot of the reasons that have been given on this thread ...its had its day......they have basically blown it !!..

I take it you one of those who made a mistake ?
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Good post Varna girl i gave you a karma , a lot of people that dont understand Bulgaria cant see that most Bulgarians think English people are a pot of gold and a lot of the trades men long term English just see them as new blood to milk . The 3000 euro home is just a pile of old bricks and will turn out to be worth less , poor workmanship and dodge refurbishment take there toll . When the rose tinted glasses come of and you see what you paid for the real Bulgaria kicks in . This is not a negative post but a realistic one .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next