View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

I found this topic on the Internet but it was originally in Bulgarian but you can make it out so have a read its really interesting

Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria

In most cases, foreign property owners have themselves to blame for lost money

The first reason is the crisis. The second is that Bulgaria went bad name as a place where British and Irish people are scammed. In forums and in the Western press circulated to the complaints of people who lost money in the country. Such stories as "
horror stories"
. In details not vnikva and that buyers are innocent victims, it seems obvious, because our country is known for corruption and iniquity.

Causes

But I already four years working on these same Englishmen and not see it that way. It is true that Bulgaria is corrupt, but the reasons for lost investments are in themselves buyers. Recently, consult one of them what his views are to regain the one hundred and fifty thousand euro. My conclusion was that they had none. Having heard this, he said literally the following: "
Bulgarian legislation is bad, because it protects buyers by themselves."
A similar idea is in sharp conflict with the Roman maxim that the law is sighted, and not sleeping. In other words, if the buyer is not vigilant, is his own fault that he lost money. And these are the same Romans, whose successors in law are both we and the British.
This man had done anything reckless. Had given a proxy to a stranger to pull its deposits from fully and to spend the money as it sees fit. And not only was not considered any collateral, but even contract was not concluded. He was very surprised when he explained that the attorney only grants rights but does not create obligations. So this same Englishman I find no fault in their actions and was convinced that the reason we lost money in Bulgaria.
Another was convinced that he has bought a house and when he realized that it would receive non-built space, wanted to sue the seller. The contract, however, who stood in his signature, was clearly written that only purchased the land, not building. And that contract was written in their native language, but apparently this guy was not bothered to read it.
One woman complained for months on the forums about what a terrible place is Bulgaria, contacted me to advise her how to return the money. After I read the contract which it was concluded, and found no wrongdoing. It happened precisely what was written in black and white.

Mentality

Westerners come from a different world where everything is settled, calm and where the government protect them from dangers such as small children. Once you give money, it is understood that they will receive what is given them. When people buy apartments there, they worry whether they will be not deceived, but what will be the color of bathroom tiles. You can not lose them, for them is so obvious that they never think about the issue of preventive measures. In Bulgaria, these people are like farm animals removed from farm and thrown into the jungle. They are not accustomed to looking and when they hit just can not understand where they come.

Agents

To this should be added that the West people do not do everything yourself and pay for professionals from the field to do the job. In these real estate professionals are called "
agents"
, so their first job, when they decide to buy in Bulgaria is to raise that term in the search engine together with the name of our country. Immediately leaving many companies are called "
agents"
. They can not imagine a world without such people and I see a familiar word, decide they have found what they want. Their assumption that there are agents in Bulgaria is confirmed. If it does not like to go deep into details and explore how it actually is the issue. Prefer to view color pictures instead of reading thick books. Once something confirmed their expectations, you can not help but be so! English in Bulgaria come to buy property with the mood of tourists who are seated to order in a restaurant rather than serious investors. So they expect the menu instead of the book's instructions.

Differences

Under the Commercial Code, however, the country has firms, not agents. The difference is substantial. The mediator does not represent the parties and shall not be liable if one has not fulfilled its obligations to the other. The mediator only them "
svatosva. The deal is between the buyer and seller of the property. He takes money from both sides and thus protect the interest of neither one nor the other. In England, the agent is paid only on one side and he is responsible if its too expensive to sell property or if it lost money in other ways. Therefore, Westerners who have found the Internet entrepreneur who calls himself "
agent"
are left trustingly in his hands. For them, the story ends. They pay him and therefore no need to think about anything.
Englishmen go even further in its stupidity. They rely on the firm erroneously called "
agent"
to them and choose a lawyer. So instead of an independent and competent counsel, they appear to be the most illiterate lawyer who in some cases not even a lawyer. But even is it necessarily loyal to the firm which he found a job, not the client who is. Customers are changing, the firm remains. Customer is a fee, the firm - many fees. Therefore, those dependent on lawyers do what they want the mediator. Collateral no avail, and contracts are concluded in the most rapid and easy manner, which in turn means that the shuffle.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Well said Expat in China. I have just re-read the whole of this topic. I realise that I have changed since my first posts in that I am now selling and returning to Britain which I never expected to do! I fully expected to stay forever in Bulgaria. My reason for selling up our lovely home which now has a garden full of every kind of fruit crop and planted with veggies? Due to the behaviour of some British expats who have managed to make our life a misery plus the fact that we now know for certain that there is indeed a body of villagers who want to rid the village of its successful Community rule by nefarious means and co-opting the said Brits. You might call it a mafia spelt with a small m because these are not the big boys of real Mafia but obviously some left-overs from the Communist era mentioned by banned member (aka Johnbaz!) He is right. The village mafia do not seem to want the village to progress but just want to be powerful for power's sake. They do not even live permanently in the village.
Maybe I shouldn't mention this especially as I want to sell my lovely home, but maybe these reasons for less Brits buying are the same as others have discovered and are afraid to say. I am so sad to have to leave and as I sit in my garden looking out over the spectacular mountain views and reading my book, it really hurts when people come to view and then do not put in an offer which is way below what the house is worth. No I am not talking profit margins and 'flipping' but giving up a lifestyle and comfy house which is supposedly what people are looking for and then hearing comments such as íts a bit too rural'. What on earth do Brits expect a village to look like? The French and Russians and even an American lady, all seem much more positive and understanding but we are up against an absolute deluge of properties at all prices so they are spoilt for choice. I am now joining all the other 'distressed Brits' who are having to sell way below their properties worth. Its not just down to the fact that they paid over the odds in the first place. Housing markets the world over boom and bust according to market forces.
Unfortunately, we are selling at a bad time but time is running out for me and I am afraid at my age I do not want to put up with all the changes that are taking place in our village.
It would still be a good buy for anyone else because it has taken 9 years for us to begin to understand the downside of village life and putting up with Brits is only personal to us. We have only been targeted because of our integration with the village and its elders so I feel a bit used by both sides rightly or wrongly.
I now fully understand what Johnbaz has posted although he probably could have been a little more polite. Varnagirl you will be pleased to hear that my eyes are now fully opened. Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 10 2381841692
So there you have it - someone who expected to end her days in Bulgaria is now off back to a more normal life which will be total financial disaster but the pursuit of happiness is more important. I have had 9 years of happiness in Bulgaria and I wish others to experience it too. My final word is to take care when making new friends mostly Brits. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] s
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:52 pm

This was my post from over two years ago and my thoughts generally speaking have not changed a bit. I will post my thought's about oldun's latest post after I have digested it

Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria

Post by willowsend » 29 Dec 2010 14:34

Gimp wrote:Looks like our topics crossed Brian looking at what Sarah has said I don't think that's what she is saying but mealy pointing out as I have that we can't simply lay all the Blame on the Bulgarians or Bulgaria for that matter

I agree Gimp that we can't focus all the blame on Bulgarians or Bulgaria, but as this is a forum relating to matters in Bulgaria, it's obvious that we are going to discuss all the pro's and con's (that was a good word to use)
I have found that a lot of Bulgarians have a particular formula that they use, that is, to be nice while working for you, befriend you, get their feet under the table and then try and use you in some cases con you, and before anybody tries to condemn me to death, I am not talking about all Bulgarians
I am talking about true circumstances, so I do feel that I have a certain amount of knowledge on the subject Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 10 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10