View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Empty
PostSubject: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:01 am

I've been waiting for this! If they can't gag him the throw him into jail or worse WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges 2345823347 for airing all the dirty washing

WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges

WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, might face charges under the Espionage Act if federal authorities prove that he violated criminal laws in the group's release of government documents, The Washington Post informed.

According to the publication, Attorney General Eric Holder has announced that US Justice Department and Pentagon are conducting "
an active, ongoing criminal investigation."

Other sources of The Washington Post have stated that FBI is examining everyone who came into possession of the documents, including the people who gave the materials to WikiLeaks and the organization itself.

It has not been officially announced whether any charges will be brought.

Some US prosecutors have cautioned that prosecutions involving leaked classified information are difficult because the Espionage Act is a 1917 statute that preceded Supreme Court cases that expanded First Amendment protections.

The government also would have to persuade another country to turn over Assange, who is outside the United States, The Washington Post informs.

The US Justice Department has taken the position that media organizations could be prosecuted for printing leaked classified information under the legislation.

However, that prospect is unlikely because of official aversion to running afoul of the First Amendment, experts told The Washington Post.

Former CIA General Counsel, Jefferey Smith, said that State Department general counsel Harold H. Koh had sent a letter to Assange on Saturday urging him not to release the cables, to return all classified material and to destroy all classified records from WikiLeaks databases.

"
That language is not only the right thing to do policy-wise but puts the government in a position to prosecute him,"
Smith said, as cited by the publication.

He added that under the Espionage Act, anyone who has "
unauthorized possession to information relating to the national defense"
and has reason to believe it could harm the United States may be prosecuted if he publishes it or "
willfully"
retains it when the government has demanded its return.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:35 am

I think we will all find there is more to come? I wouldn't like to be in his shoes at the moment I can see him becoming the most wanted man in the world but I say good on him for showing us all the facts but then we all new most of it anyway , after all they are politicians s
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:02 am

Did he really think he could publish, then get away with it WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges 794030042

Some things are private he deserves all he gets.

Maybe he thinks he can do and say what he likes, er no.
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:18 am

Sorry to disagree with you Tony but I think what he has done her is commendable if you care to read through some of it you will see that the people we trust in this world are the very ones who we shouldn't trust, you only have to look at the Iraq war! where are the weapons of mass destruction? and yet all those people were killed and still being killed because of lies which we would all condone if we never knew the truth so I applaud this man for what he's done WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges 570106603
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:28 am

Don't be sorry krypton everyone is entitled to their opinion WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges 1536469901
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:44 pm

krypton wrote:
Sorry to disagree with you Tony but I think what he has done her is commendable if you care to read through some of it you will see that the people we trust in this world are the very ones who we shouldn't trust, you only have to look at the Iraq war! where are the weapons of mass destruction? and yet all those people were killed and still being killed because of lies which we would all condone if we never knew the truth so I applaud this man for what he's done WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges 570106603

I totally agree with you krypton. I also applaud this man for what he has done, sometimes the truth hurts, but that is life and so we move on WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges 3998065313
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:00 pm

Looks to me like its already started I just read this in a paper you make your own mind up what you think has happened

WikiLeaks Unavailable over Hacker AttackThe scandalous site WikiLeaks, which published a cache of a large number of secret cables revealing dark secrets of US diplomacy has been attacked by a hacker.

The announcement was made by the editorial team of WikiLeaks and it was published in the Twitter social network. It explains while the site is currently unavailable.

Earlier Tuesday, WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, announced the publication of a number of documents that will discredit a large American Bank was forthcoming.

US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, condemned WikiLeaks actions and declared the US is taking "
aggressive steps"
to sanction those responsible for the release of confidential documents.

Meanwhile the Techradar.com site informs Chinese authorities have decided to block WikiLeaks on the entire territory of the country.

I have to say that I think this is the US acting as big daddy again WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges 2079180590
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:40 am

[size=55:2n8attp6]novinite 1 December 2010

Here comes the gag in the form of an Allegation

WikiLeaks Founder on Interpol Most Wanted List

Julian Assange, the founder of Wikileaks, has been added to Interpol's 'Wanted' list over alleged sex crimes in Sweden.

The international police organisation said the 39-year-old Australian was wanted over alleged sex crimes under an arrest warrant issued by the International Public Prosecution Office in Gothenburg.

The website of Interpol, the international police agency, said anyone with information on the Australian-born Assange should contact their national or local police.

Interpol issued a "
red notice"
, which allows arrest warrants issued by national police authorities to be circulated to other countries to facilitate arrests and help possible extradition.

Interpol's involvement comes after the Swedish authorities issued their own international warrants last month.

Assange has been lying low since the former computer hacker's site began to release hundreds of thousands of US embassy documents from a secret location in London.

He has denied the Swedish allegations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:07 pm

mmmmm there are some lines you just dont cross. theres many conspiracy theories surrounding known people who met an untimely demise, for crossing the line. WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges 2204270746
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:53 pm

To a point I agree with what your saying starlite but if you think about it all the people at the top are suppose to act on our behalf and when you read of some of what has been released I do think without doubt they have behaved very badly! and I don't believe any line has been crossed because there really should be any lines here s
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:51 pm

this guy is in real trouble, the news tonight is calling for his execution in some countries. freedom of speech is limited by the boundaries laid down by each country and the usa are not happy with this guy at all. he didnt cross the line he crossed the world. will be interesting to see what actually hapens with this person who had the nerve to tell it all. but i have the feeling it wont go his way, it never does. WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges 927475117
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:06 pm

The problem is that these "
revelations"
show what many of us suspect, that the powers that be are a vile bunch of corrupt low life. Hilary Clinton's "
attack on the international community"
rhetoric is beyond belief. Having long heard the phrase "
international community"
banded about in the media I now know what it means - "
The ruling class"
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 pm

and what do we do with these revelations, nothing. WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges 794030042
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:35 pm

Obviusly nothing starlite, but in a democratic world, why the need for such secrecy? If the people we elect to carry out the tasks of running our countries did so in the correct manner - with transparency, there would be no need for shame or embarrassment, therefore no need for secrecy. But the business of politics has become seedy and corrupt. The ordinary people the voters have a right to know what is going on. If we can only find out through the likes of WikiLeaks, then WikiLeaks should be applauded, not condemned. Where is the media condemnation of the public figures responsible for all the mischief exposed?
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:52 am

Seems the truth hurts

WikiLeaks Offline after Domain 'Killed'

WikiLeaks has been knocked off the net after the US company everydns.net which translated its domain name – wikileaks.org – to its "
internet protocol"
(IP) address withdrew support.

The Wikileaks.org domain was "
killed by the US everydns"
after what everydns claimed was a mass attack according to a update from the Wikileaks twitter account

"
The services were terminated for violation of the provision which states that 'Member shall not interfere with another Member's use and enjoyment of the Service or another entity's use and enjoyment of similar services,"
the free EveryDNS.net service said in a statement on its website.

"
The interference at issues arises from the fact that wikileaks.org has become the target of multiple distributed denial of service (DDOS) attacks,"
it added. "
These attacks have, and future attacks would, threaten the stability of the EveryDNS.net infrastructure, which enables access to almost 500,000 other websites."

It said it had sent messages 24 hours before the termination, saying that "
any downtime of the wikileaks.org website has resulted from its failure to use another hosted DNS service provider."

When people now visit Wikileaks.org it would show up the same way a non existing domain would show up.

The EveryDNS.net statement came as Amazon.com said such denial of service attacks or political pressure from U.S. officials had not led it to stop hosting WikiLeaks.

Amazon said WikiLeaks had violated its terms of service by publishing the leaked documents as it did not "
own or otherwise control all the rights to this classified content."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges   WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WikiLeaks Founder Might Face Espionage Charges

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next