altText

Bank Charges

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Bank Charges Empty
PostSubject: Bank Charges   Bank Charges Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 7:12 pm

Went to the bank to open an account, I found out the old lawyer opened an euro account in my name but it was never used however, I had to pay the bank charges of 20euro - I had opened a stirling account back in 2004 and deposited £40 but today the account show a balance of only £23 it appears there is also bank charges to pay to manage an account I never used. So they charged me £17 and there was me thinking I would have earned a little interest all these years instead it was the bank who gained. Both accounts now closed and I came out with 15lev change from my £40 back in 2004. Don't you just love Bulgaria (NOT)!!! Bank Charges 2345823347 Bank Charges 794030042
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

Bank Charges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Charges   Bank Charges Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 7:30 am

Most Banks in BG charge around 2 lev a month for any current account that is sterling or euro.

Does anyone know of a BG current account (sterling) that pays interest ?
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Bank Charges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Charges   Bank Charges Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:37 pm

oddball wrote:
Went to the bank to open an account, I found out the old lawyer opened an euro account in my name but it was never used however, I had to pay the bank charges of 20euro - I had opened a stirling account back in 2004 and deposited £40 but today the account show a balance of only £23 it appears there is also bank charges to pay to manage an account I never used. So they charged me £17 and there was me thinking I would have earned a little interest all these years instead it was the bank who gained. Both accounts now closed and I came out with 15lev change from my £40 back in 2004. Don't you just love Bulgaria (NOT)!!! Bank Charges 2345823347 Bank Charges 794030042

Banks in Turkey also charge for an account with them regardless of what money you have in the account. Many years ago the British banks did the same, but now they have found many other ways of extracting money from their customers. The big bonuses have to come from somewhere don't they!!

:Bank Charges 3897195628: :Bank Charges 3897195628:
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Bank Charges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Charges   Bank Charges Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 4:07 pm

Oh I am not happy with banks here in BG no no no not at all........ Bank Charges 3135333095.... I went to draw out 6000nb from the FIbank and they were chariing me 15lev that is £6 !!!!!! to get my money - I can't believe that! yet It cost me £4 odd to transfer funds from the UK. The ore you take out the higher the fee so I took 2000 out at a cost of 1 lev. I guess I will be re thinking banking in BG Bank Charges 794030042 Bank Charges 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Bank Charges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Charges   Bank Charges Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 2:02 pm

Went to Alpha Bank and opened an account no problem at all with id or getting a debit card. No fees or taking out money up to 2000 a day at the bank but card limit is 400lev and there is a 0.19 stonkie per withdrawal. There is also a monthly fee at 1.50lev per month for the account and the card. The internet banking is free if you just want to look at your account but if you want to manage internet banking it is a wooping 30lev a month. I nearly fell off my seat. Hence didn't bother g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Bank Charges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Charges   Bank Charges Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 3:32 pm

Well would you believe it today I went to the Alpha bank to pick up my debit card and guess what! Yep that is right there is not card ordered - The first thing I said when I went to open the account is can I have a bank card using my passport and they said yes of course, so we proceeded. The same teller told me today we did not fill out the forms for a bank card, I said I did as well as internet banking but he assures me we did not. So here we go again I spent another 40 miinutes sorting out forms for a debit card and internet banking with NO CHARGES..... He said come back in two weeks for the card Bank Charges 3135333095 I am not holding my breath just wait and see what happens... Bank Charges 2345823347
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bank Charges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Charges   Bank Charges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bank Charges

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1