Crackdown from Insurance Companies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Crackdown from Insurance Companies Empty
PostSubject: Crackdown from Insurance Companies   Crackdown from Insurance Companies Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Taken from the Daily Mail

HOMEOWNERS who insist on putting their holiday details and homes on-line face a crackdown from Insurance Companies

Anyone burgled after advertising their plans on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter could end up being targeted by crooks
The issue has emerged after insurance companies said they will take into account any potentially revealing messages when analysing claims
Research found that thousands regularly leave themselves open to their homes being raided
A spoksman for the Co-operative Insurance Company said he could envisage a future where claims could be rejected if it was discovered that someone had been reckless with personal information that had been posted on a social networking site. That's the nature of the industry we are in he said Crackdown from Insurance Companies 927475117

Willowsend ask's, what is the point of us taking out insurance, even if you read the small print they appear to have us all by the short and curlies Crackdown from Insurance Companies 2079180590
I think it is called moving the goal posts. it has also been referred to as insurance fraud Crackdown from Insurance Companies 794030042
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown from Insurance Companies   Crackdown from Insurance Companies Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 6:40 pm

The ONLY way this could be a problem is if you set all the privacy settings to 'everyone' and then included your full address in your profile, and even then you'd have to rely on some random burgler in the area stumbling across this information ... Crackdown from Insurance Companies 794030042
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown from Insurance Companies   Crackdown from Insurance Companies Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Insurance companies will resort to any tactics to find a reason not to pay out on a claim.
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown from Insurance Companies   Crackdown from Insurance Companies Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Gimp wrote:
Insurance companies will resort to any tactics to find a reason not to pay out on a claim.

Crackdown from Insurance Companies 2706089290 Crackdown from Insurance Companies 2706089290

Anyone who voluntarily posts any information about themselves on the web and is shocked by what happens obviously failed their IQ test! So get out of the plant pot.
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown from Insurance Companies   Crackdown from Insurance Companies Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 7:34 pm

lets assume I'm a burglar Crackdown from Insurance Companies 1865348797 How would I know who lives where? Id have to find there name, add them as a friend on Facebook and then check their page everyday until they posted holiday details. Burglars are opportunist this isn't going to happen, I think this is all a little far fetched!
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown from Insurance Companies   Crackdown from Insurance Companies Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 8:10 pm

The insurance companies do have a point. letting everyone know when your going away on facebook is not a good idea. its your name and personal details on profile. skype that name and it will narrow down all the people with your name, and your town. scary really. Crackdown from Insurance Companies 2345823347
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown from Insurance Companies   Crackdown from Insurance Companies Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 11:31 pm

starlite wrote:
The insurance companies do have a point. letting everyone know when your going away on facebook is not a good idea. its your name and personal details on profile. skype that name and it will narrow down all the people with your name, and your town. scary really. Crackdown from Insurance Companies 2345823347

I am pleased somebody see's some logic in this topic, it is scary g
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown from Insurance Companies   Crackdown from Insurance Companies Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:43 am

Gimp wrote:

:Howdy:Gimp
I totally agree with you that insurance companies will do everything they can to avoid paying out, and I am speaking from experience here

Examples:- My wife's car insurance. When the policy became due she wanted to make a couple of amendments, she posted a cheque on the Thursday with a 1st class stamp, she didn't hear anything from them, so after one week she contacted them by phone (at £1.00 per minute) to be told, your policy has been cancelled. Gobsmacked, she enquired why to be told the cheque did not arrive in time so your policy is null and void.
She is now insured with another company (or is she, BBC Watchdog showed a programme where people are driving their cars thinking that they are in sured and they are not)
The company who cancelled her policy have now sent her a cheque less £157.27 for admin costs, it's a con Crackdown from Insurance Companies 794030042

Our UK house insurance. We have been with the company for 42 years, in that time only ever made one claim. When the policy was due for renewal we received a quote for £98.00 more than the previous year. I phoned them and asked, what is going on, you are just about to loose a loyal customer of 42 years as you have increased our policy by nearly £100.00. I was told, hold on a minute and I will transfer you to another department. It turned out to be the loyality/bonus department, where I was told that we could have a DISCOUNT of £104.00. How many people, I wonder have been conned by their insurance company Crackdown from Insurance Companies 794030042

Villa Lorna, as already discussed on this and another forum we are having problems with Intasure paying out for all the stolen contents of our villa. Intasure are claiming it is not them, it is the underwriters who are declining not to renew the policy and payout for all our losses. I wont discuss this any more at present because of on going circumstances, but again it's another example of wriggling out of a situation. it's a con Crackdown from Insurance Companies 794030042
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown from Insurance Companies   Crackdown from Insurance Companies Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 8:04 pm

There is only one winner when it comes to insurance of any sort and you don't need me to tell you who the winner isn't Crackdown from Insurance Companies 794030042
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown from Insurance Companies   Crackdown from Insurance Companies Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 10:28 am

davshaz wrote:
There is only one winner when it comes to insurance of any sort and you don't need me to tell you who the winner isn't Crackdown from Insurance Companies 794030042

Very true and I think we could all learn from knowing that after all thats what they are in business for to take your money and keep it as long as they can Crackdown from Insurance Companies 794030042 s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown from Insurance Companies   Crackdown from Insurance Companies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crackdown from Insurance Companies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1