altText

Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:41 am

First topic message reminder :

Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 1763269238

Hi Guys Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 2581928987

Feb has been a very slow month, not much happened really, see below.

Storage
We have all our goods ready and waiting to be stored unfortunately the TA cannot help us with storage this year, which is a shame as they have been brilliant. I have rang everyone from council to military services to self storage companies but we cannot get help. So, if you know of anyone who can help with donated storage until Sept , please do get in touch. We really appreciate it very much indeed.

Book sale
We have had confirmation that my place of work will allow us to hold a book sale to raise the funds towards the transport and the various renovations needed at the Orphanage. We have agreed the book sale will be held on 1st April. It is only open to staff so we will see how it goes. We have been donated lots of books and CD from Freegle and friends, which hopefully will sell, but if not ,we will take them to Bulgaria and ask for donations from the expats at our Garden Party. So fingers crossed all goes well.

Easter Chicks
Margaret our very good friend and avid supporter, again comes from Freegle has been knitting little chicks and putting a little cream egg inside. She raise a total of £35.50 when she took them to friends - This is a fantastic amount, well done Margaret!! You are a star! Myself and my friend Maureen have been knitting them too and we will bring them to the book sale on 1st April hopefully people will make donations - Oh they are so cute.

The wool project
We have a large box of wool now, but for the project we really need lots more. We have written to all the wool companies but so far only one company has replied and that is Simplywool.com in Scotland. The have been fantastic and send us a bag of wool and Christine also said she would start collecting and send what she can before the load is transported to Bulgaria. Thank you Christine, you have been wonderful! We will keep trying various other companies and of course we have the Freegle members, who have already given us some wool and needles. So if you can help please do get in touch.

People can also knit square for us and the ladies in the home can sew them together and make blankets - We also need lots and lots of good quality clean single blankets, which I will put an appeal our for in due course. We have such a long way to go yet with the wool. Again if you can help or know of anyone who can please do contact us. Special thanks to Elly who is always there to help out and support us. You are a little treasure! thanks.

Donations
A company called Great Gizmos in Crawley kindly send us a box of items for our shoeboxes, this is just fantastic - various items like moulding/bead kits, small board games, novelty handbag notebooks little cup cakes trinket cups and such. They are just lovely and the children will adore them - So thanks a million to Emma and Great Gizmos for helping us out Your donation will make so many children happy.

Also Hush Puppies donated 3 boxes of shoes to us they are mostly for the younger children and another box for the teenage girls although there was also some for the boys too. They are just fantastic so thanks to Sarah and the MD at Leicester for you wonderful donations. And of course a very special thanks to Bruce Dunn our very good friend from Scotland who offered to pick the shoes up on his way down to P'Boro from Scotland - Bruce you are wonderful and truly our guardian angel. Thanks a million time over.

Take a Break Magazine
Well I am sure you have all seen the story in Take a Break magazine - If not it is on the website under the photo gallery. It appears to be based around us, so you have an insight as to how things started and of course our plans for this year. The fee they will give for the article will go directly to the Orphanage fund for the transport and we will have various other fund raising events throughout the coming months and hopefully we will try to raise the transport costs. Although not sure there will be much, if anything left over for the renovations needed - but we will see how it goes. God is good.

The Garden Party
We have finally been given a date for the Garden Party at the Orphanage which is on Saturday Sept 25th from 1pm we do hope we get a lot more British &
Scottish there this year. We had fantastic support from 18 couples last year. Also a friend William and his wife Jo from Shuman came and brought their local mayor and friends too. They were very impressed at what we were doing. A few weeks later William send me an email to say that, his visit had a spin off effect with the Mayor as he came to William house saying he had some good for the children in the Shuman Orphanage. He asked William &
Jo to visit the Orphanage with him. This again, was fantastic new - The children were delighted with the gifts, even though they were feeling poorly at the time. William and Jo said it was fantastic to be able to help a very worthy cause. Well done guys! You did great. Dougie and I hope to have a few boxes we can donate to them this year too.

So you see, the word is spreading and people are beginning to help various other organizations, which is exactly what we set out to achieve. We will also check if we can organize with the various companies and Rotary club etc in Silsitra, if they can contact the local companies to see if they would fill a box of goods and send to the poor in the villagers and various other organizations. I hope to be visiting the local schools to speak with the directors about the children helping too..

Well that is if for now - We will just keep trying to find storage and hope someone will help us. I will keep you updated. Thanks again to all you lovely people who have helped and continue to help us, You are just fantastic and we could not do this without you.

Berni &
Dougie
Dimcho Debelianov Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 3386807041
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:13 pm

Quote :
New sponsors in Bulgaria:

Mike and Jerry Black who own the Pelican Guesthouse in Silistra have been with us for a while now and were a great help to us at the Garden Party in 2010. Mike organised the live music on the day to include himself, Bobby and Krasi entertaining us. They were fantastic, special thanks to all three and hope to see them again in October this year. Jerry organised the tombola and the raffle and did great with the fundraising. The also offer as a prize a weekend at their Pelican Lake Guesthouse which was auctioned at Trust Radio the funds, when received will be given direct to the orphanage. This year Mike and Jerry have decided that they want to help The Dimcho financially, hence they propose for every guest staying they will donate 1 euro per night. As you can imagine this is indeed a fantastic offer and we are overwhelmed at their generosity. Thanks a million times over – your support will mean the Dimcho will be that much closer to having a new heating system in 2012.

Yambol Mini Digger Hire

Mike has offered to donate 25lev to Silistra Orphanage for everyone who hires his digger via ourbulgarianforum.com or friends recommendations. Mike is based in the Yambol region of Bulgaria hence will discuss areas he covers with you should you wish to hire one of his diggers. This is also a fantastic offer and again please contact Mike direct and he will advise you further. Mike we thank you very much indeed. You are a star! So remember if you need ground work done and want to help the Silistra do contact Mike

Lastly thanks again to our superstars Emma and Rick who continues to collect goods, sort wash and deliver good to us ready for packing. They are both fantastic and we would be lost without them. So thanks a million times over guys you are just amazing. Not forgetting Elly and our knitting circle you are just wonderful thanks a million. Thanks also to Next, Gap and our Netmums and Freegle members who also continue to support us throughout the year, we rely on you guys to fill the boxes that are donated from Andy at Tee Kay Packaging and then stored by PC Howard Ltd who donated storage again for us this year. A massive thanks to all you wonderful people, without your help and support we could not do this and the children would have nothing. So well done to everyone!! We really do appreciate you ongoing support, you goods makes a huge difference to the children the elderly and needy in Bulgaria.

Berni and Dougie you are going from strength to strength from what I can see and your supporters are also growing with you. It must really make you so happy to know that all your doing for these children is the right way to go which is seen by the many people who offer you help in one form or another you 2 really are so special and so are all those who are called your helpers and there are so many I can't write them all here. Not only have you managed to get individuals to show they care but also the international chains stores with well know names which in it self is absolutely incredible, I'm not sure how you manage to do all this and have a life but somehow you do ? I wish I had half your energy and get up and go you really are an inspiration to all of us who try to help in our own way but never to the degree that you do. s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:03 pm

s

Thanks Daisy for your comments appreciate it very much.

Yes we are very happy with the outcome but it is a lot of work and although we have helpers they can only do certain things like collect items for us as you know Dougie and I do everything else and today we are feeling the pressure Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 2345823347

We have to wrap and pack the 10 computers towers, screens keyboards and all the plugs and stuff then fit them into boxes. Our morning has been taken up with just the wrapping so far. I am not sure now on the transport, they will have to be moved from Peterborough to Essex then from Essex to Sofia and then from Sofia to Silistra. Its a lot of moving and we have a lot of people say they will help us but when it actually come to it, they can't so it's back to the drawing board for us again.

Still chin up I am sure we will sort it one way or the other - onwards and upwards.

Oddy g
Back to top Go down
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 6:05 pm

I know it must be very hard for you at times with all the organising and collection of all the donations. This is just a thought we have a new member on the forum Bulldog who has some connections with Peterborough ? and he is in transport so maybe he can help with some free space ? its only a thought Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 1430720830
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:31 pm

LisA wrote:
I know it must be very hard for you at times with all the organising and collection of all the donations. This is just a thought we have a new member on the forum Bulldog who has some connections with Peterborough ? and he is in transport so maybe he can help with some free space ? its only a thought Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 1430720830

Thanks LisA g Yes, but I guess thats life - Not easy getting people to help especially with transport. I will keep plodding on and hope for the best. Angel Berni xx

Oddy
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:59 am

s

Morning Guys

Finally got round to completing the Monthly updating for Feb - Things are coming along really nicely and we are way ahead of ourselves. The PC's and the new swimming pool have now left and are on their 1st leg of the journey. Dougie has also left and will be in Bulgaria when they arrive.

To view the update on line with photos click here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... tenews.htm

Just the updated photos on line
February Monthly Update 2011 Bulgarian Orphanage Silistra

We are into Feb now and so much has happened

Here are our lovely friends Michaela Corroda and their beautiful daughter Aisa, they have visited the Silistra Orphanage last year and the family have made a donation to the Dimcho in order that something special can be purchased for the children.Therefore, we have purchased these two items making up the small difference from Granddad Doogle’s friends on ourbulgariaforum.com

Grandad Doogle our mascot!!

Thank you so much guys you are just amazing!! Your gifts will prove invaluable to the Orphanage and the children will simply love the swimming pool.

This is what we purchased on their behalf

1) An 18ft easy up swimming pool which will be fantastic!!

We will send this over with the computers so the children get the benefit for the summer

2) An 32ft by 16ft Marquee

This will be a fantastic asset to the Orphanage it can be used primarily for the Garden Party on Sat 1st October as well as any other events they have at the Dimcho.

4 Pallets collected and stored already and we are only in Feb

PC Howard Ltd has collected 4 pallet loads already. This lot are for the Dimcho, Baby Orphanages, the Disability Day Centre and the Home for the Elderly along with a small amount of medical aids for the Local Doctors surgery. Last Sept we had 19 pallets to ship over, could have even more this year. We have a few more organisations now.

This is Rick getting stuck right in there as usual.

Here is Dougie &
Rick our very good friend who is always there to help whatever

we need. Nothing is too much trouble for him – Thank you so much for everything Rick.

This is the new swimming pool from friends in Italy and ourbulgarianforum.com

These boxes contain the 10 secondhand donated computers from Luminus Group

They will be picked up Friday 4th March 2011 by Rob a fantastic chap. They will be delivered to another wonderful chap Latcho at Delamode in Essex and then he will ship them to Bulgaria Sofia. Once in Sofia, Vladimir at NTZ Transport will organise the transportation of them to Silistra.

All this companies have been fantastic and Dougie and I are overwhelmed at their generosity. Thanks a million times over guys, you have all been just brilliant and just think how much joy you will be bringing to the children at the Dimcho – Well done!!!

The 10 Computers

We have had a quiet month re collections – although myself. Maureen and Mary have been busy knitting for Easter, re the novelty eggs, also Vicky knitted some fabulous cupcakes and the lovely Jeanette has made some fantastic hand made Easter cards. Also look at these beautiful hand-knitted blankets, another 14 knitted again by the lovely Tina, Dorothy and their friends. Ladies you are all just super, they are just fantastic and add these to the 24 you knitted last year we have 38 now. The ray of colour at the orphanage is wonderful and the children just love them. They will continue to knit the blankets until every child has a blanked (t) of their own and probably the babies too. All our volunteers will not accept anything from us, they supply all the wool give their time and skill freely. You are just amazing! Irene &
Dave, Sue, Arthur &
family from Skegness brought mountains of goods to us on two occasions, thanks again to you all .

The blankets

The shoeboxes are almost complete for the Dimcho only 10 more to do and I will get round to doing them now the house is clear again. We will do some for the Disability Centre this year we are hoping Maureen and her Orton Rainbows, Brownies and Guides will help us again, they did about 30 for us last year which was fantastic. Kelly’s group has also offered to do some so will keep you updated.

We had another orphanage in Dobrich which we will help – I have a group of lovely ladies in Bulgaria who has (have) come forward and asked how they can help, we decided that they can make up a box or two of goodies and bring them along to the Orphanage for Easter. I am awaiting the Director Nicokly to contact me with the details. So thank you ladies, I will let you know as soon as possible

The Disability Centre

We have 4 computers that we wish to donate to them. These were the computer bases that Kelsey Publishing gave us last year, we now have the keyboards, monitors etc so they will be sent over in Sept with our normal load. Hopefully these will benefit the 48 residents’ children/adults. We also have an 8ft trampoline but we still have to obtain the safety net and the ladder. We are hoping this will be beneficial to everyone there.

The Doctors surgery:

We have a few items for them, a walking frame and some walking sticks. Dr Theodore was overwhelmed at the walking frames we took them last year, so will be on the lookout for a few more this year as well as various other able aids

Dr Stoyeova Baby Orphanage

We have some outdoor toys as they asked for but still not come across a trampoline for the youngsters yet. Emma our volunteer donated an outside pool with canopy and loads of balls so the children will love that. They are in need of outdoor toys, learning toys and dressing up costumes.

Netmums and Freegle have been very good in supplying what they can to us – In fact they are always there to support us even in our latest request where we needed help to fill an extra suitcase booked on the plane in error. We were offered the space and although we could not use it ourselves, I contacted the orphanage in the area our friends Irene and Dave were going to, which was Priateli in Vileko Ternova and asked what they would like us to fill the case with. They said underwear and socks. Irene and Dave agreed to take the case to VT themselves next week. We also put in 8 packets of biscuits as a little treat for the children. Thank you to Irene and Dave you are just wonderful.

The Home for the Elderly

Linen and towels and toiletries are always in need for this home plus the ‘knitting project’ is still ongoing so we are always in need of wool. We have one box of wool so far, Christine at Simplywool continues to send us parcels when she can. Thank you so much Christine you are an angel. We also received a parcel from Coates Crafts UK. Thank you for your support, we really appreciate it. We have a long way to go with the wool so if you know of any company that would donate wool or if you have unwanted wool please let us know.

Thanks to you all:

I have to mentions our fabulous supporter Steve W. He has been helping us for a while now, but this year he has decided to shop on line for us and have the items sent to us direct. See some of the toys he has sent us on the table below. Steve has bought all sorts, lots of cuddly toys, perfumes, cosy feet, toothbrushes creams etc. We just want to say a special thanks to you Steve, you are a GEM!! Also to another star! Sharon Toms, who has been buying toothbrushes, razors, toiletries etc every week, once again thanks a million. Not forgetting our number one collector Emma, our guardian angel has collected sorted washed and delivered goods for us. She is a total Gem and amazing person and like Rick they are both totally committed to our cause. Thanks to Netmums and Freegle members you have all been just amazing and we are just overwhelmed at your generosity and the support you always give us. Truly amazing lot thanks again.

We still have companies like Next, Gap and Tesco who continue to support us when they can. Needless to say we are truly thankful for all their support and without their help we would struggle.

We have the support of Tee Kay Packaging Fengate P’boro who supplies our boxes for packing. They are just amazing. Thank you so much. Also we have fantastic support from PC Howard Ltd Kings Cliffe Peterborough, who pick up and store all our goods ready for Sept. Thank you again, you have been just fantastic. We are just so lucky to have such wonderful support.

Finally thanks to all our helpers in Bulgaria, Bill our web coordinator, Nominal Accounting Ltd, Anglo-Info, Quest Magazine, Radio Trust, Pelican Guest House, British Lion Foods, NTZ Transport Delamode PLC, BT Homes, Sewage Solutions TBH Building Services and all our helpers and well wishers. Thanks a 1000 times over to everyone as we could not do this without your help.

Berni &
Dougie

Bulgarian Orphanage
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:27 am

Well done Berni and all those who help you its looks like your going from strength to strength will all that above :Clap:I bet the kids will love the pool in the summer. Is their no limits to what your doing you seem to be going from the very young to the more mature :Clap:not a criticism but an adulation well done and all the bets for the rest of this year and those yet to come s
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:32 pm

What an achievement Berni this is all fantastic news and all so very positive it looks to me that you are expanding your wings and not only helping the children but more a case of helping those in need which is marvellous I remember when it was like this back in old Blighty but now its every man for himself , with a few exceptions and one of them is you and the gang who helps. You have my sincere praise for all you do and I'm sure one day we will all be reading about you in the press in a very good way Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 2706089290
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Blink wrote:
You have my sincere praise for all you do

I agree with Blink ... awesome stuff Berni and thanks for the update. Your tireless efforts really do make a HUGE difference to these kids. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:41 pm

All this is brilliant news and you seem to be doing ok for the time of year but lets not count our chickens yet. You two do amaze me all the time and where you get your energy from god only knows? or maybe that's it you get it from the man himself? great pictures and great news thank you for updating us all.
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:55 pm

Great news Young Bernadette and well done to all those involved in making all this possible I only wished there were more people about like you and the wonderful husband of your who I see is away in BG at the moment while your back here with the Vino Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 1865348797 Seriously well done to all of you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 3386807041

Hi Guys

Here is the March monthly update link so you can read and see the pictures also just text

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... tenews.htm

March Monthly Update 2011 re Bulgarian Orphanage Silistra

Gosh I can’t believe we are into March already it’s not long now till Easter and our projects are on the way. The book sale is planned for Friday 15 April at my place of work. The knitting of the novelty eggs and cup cakes are coming along in leaps and bounds just need to buy some mini cream eggs nearer the time unless of course a company would like to donate some to us! You never know your luck!!!

all photos on the link

The PC’S The Director of the Dimcho

Transporting of the PC’s &
Pool

Thanks to all our transport companies who help us deliver free of charge the 10 donated PC’s from Luminus Group from the UK to Bulgaria. Rob in P’boro, Latcho at Delamode Plc Essex and Sofia and Vladimir at NTZ Logistics Ltd Sofia in Bulgaria each company collected and delivered the computers and the swimming pool to each other so NTZ could deliver to the Dimcho Silistra Orphanage. Well done guys you did great! Also thanks to Emil at Bon Marine for coming forward to offer his help. Emil said they would be happy to help us in the futures. What a fantastic lot you are. Thanks a million times over. You have made the children’s life so much happier well done!!

Delivery of goods to VT Orphanage

Our friends Irene &
Dave booked in an extra suitcase on the plane in error and asked us if we could use the space. There were going to a different part of Bulgaria so we could no use it but I contacted another orphanage in that area and asked what they wanted. They said underwear and socks. So we fill the case and added some biscuits. Irene and Dave also added sweets and pens etc. They made the deliver themselves to our friend, but as it was a bank holiday, they did not get to the orphanage however, the goods were taken and distributed to the children the following week and we understand the children were very please especially with the sweets and biscuit. So a special thanks to Irene and Dave and to Netmums and Freegle who helped us with the goods. You all did great!

New Supporters

Lapinu Day Care in Sofia. Nellie the owner contacted me and asked if there is any way they can help. She even said they would try to get the PC’s to Silistra for us. She also mentioned she has some good second hand clothes and toys she would love to donate to us. So we asked Vladimir at NTZ Transport if they are ready, could they take a few more boxes. This he was happy to do, when they have deliveries in Silistra or Dobrich area, all we have to do is let him know when they are ready and he will schedule for next run. These goods will go to the new project The Dobrich Orphanage. So thank you Nellie for your kind offer of goods and we hope when you have collected the goods you will be in touch. Thanks also to Vladimir and special thanks to Latcho at Delamode without his help none of this would be happening. You all did fantastic!!

Home for the Elderly

Also thanks to all our wonderful knitters, Tina, Dorothy Kate Helen Ellie, Vicky Maureen Mary Bett and everyone else, you all do a marvellous job, not only with the knitting but also in collecting alls sort of wonderful goods for us. Ladies you are just brilliant thank you a million times over and I look forward to meeting with you all soon

The knitting project is coming along nicely we still needs lots more wool however, I will continue to write to the wool companies again. We have had a few companies come back to us this month and have sent us a box/bag of wool.

1) Toft Alpacas Shop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Carrie sent us a box of wool and some beautiful blankets. A missive thank you for your donation. They are just fantastic!!!!

2) Coats Crafts UK [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] who also send us a bag of wool which has now been added to the pile thank you so much for your donation we really appreciate it.

3) Rowan Knit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] also sent us a bag of wool thank you so much for your support we really are delighted for all your help. We will do our best to keep the knitting project for the Elderly going but it really all depends on the support we get regarding the wool. Also our lovely Christine at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] still continues to send us a few bags of wool as and when she can. Thanks a million Christine you really are just amazing!!

Here are some of the wool/blankets and knitted squares we have received this week. Thanks a million guys that is a fabulous amount and the blankets from Carrie at Toft Alpacas are wonderful.

Look at these: Here we have some fantastic hats &
scarves for the children in the Bulgarian orphanage that Bett a lovely lady of 85 knitted. They are beautiful. Thank you so much Bett you will brighten many children’s lives with such fantastic items Well done Bett! You are an angel.

Here are another lot of beautiful hand knitted blankets from Tina, Dorothy, Kate and Helen. Kate has also been sending some fantastic children’s clothes to us and this month she has a playpen and travel cot to donate to the babies fabulous! Thank you so much ladies you are fantastic!!

And here are the lovely cup cakes Vicky has been quietly knitting away for us for the Easter Project They are just lovely in fact, good enough to eat! These are the cup cakes Vicky has been knitting I did a few myself too. They are fantastic thanks you so much Vicky you are a star!!

Supporters
Thanks to our lovely ladies in BG for your donations. Thank you ladies you are angels. We are doing well with the transport costs now. This cause has never been about money only the goods we can send to the children however, we still have to raise funds for the transportation hence we do book sales and bag packing and have some wonderful people/sponsors who donate when they can so thank you all. Throughout the course of the year we have to raise between £1200 to £1500 transport costs.
The Garden Party on Sat 1st October
Plans are getting started for the Garden Party at the Orphanage in Silistra – The new Party marquee will be used this year. We have been collecting some goods for the tombola and one or two raffle prizes so far but still a way to go so will be looking for raffle prizes throughout the year, if you have an item you think we can use in a raffle and wish to donate it, please do consider our cause. Thank you so much.

The on the road Radio Trust bus will be there along with some English and Bulgarian entertainers. Mike Black and possibly Bobby and Krasi the musicians from last year will be there but we need to wait for confirmation as they are in Sofia which is a long way from Silistra. Radio Trust will be travelling down the night before as no doubt will Cindy and her family from Anglo-Info. We have a few guest houses outside of Silistra that will give us good rates for people who wish to stay the night. There is a new hotel opened around the corner from the Dimcho should you prefer and again we can see if they will give us any discount for you. We hope to get the local companies to help us this year too, so fingers crossed.

Disability Centre

We now have a total of 4 computers to donate the Disability Centre. These should be more than enough for them. We also have a trampoline but we need a safety net. We have a box of soft toys and some clothing but there is a lot they need like linen, towels, toiletries clothing from 5 to 25 years old – medical aids but NOT medicine. We will be looking for toys and games to encourage learning and to help with stimulation.

The Baby Orphanage

The Briggs family from Ailsworth have donated this mountain of goods. Adam contacted me via the email address and asked if we would like them and even helped deliver them to us. Thank you Adam your family did fantastic!!!

Special thanks to Gap

Gap has sent us several boxes of fantastic items again this year. They have even help us by sorting, packing labelling and put on pallets then transported direct or our storage company P C Howard Ltd. We are just amazed at how they have helped us over the last 2 years and have gone a step further this year. How wonderful is that!. We are very grateful to Gap for their generosity and the kindness and support they have given us over the last few years and sincerely hope they will continue helping us – We really are just so lucky to have such wonderful people helping us. Thank you so much.

To our supporters Next who send us several boxes of goods at the beginning of the year, Freegle and Netmums and the people that help us occasionally like Colin Pope and others who help pick up goods for us, thank you all. Also to our two invaluable volunteers Emma, our little gem! who as always constantly collects and delivering goods to us. Rick, well what can I say! he is a true star! Nothing is too much trouble for him. He is such an amazing person and is fully committed to our cause and has been with us on every booksale and bag packing. Thanks a million times over guys you are all just wonderful and you know we could not do this without you all.

Thanks to Tee Kay Packaging Fengate, for the packaging and they are always there to help us. Also to PC Howard Ltd in Kings Cliffe who continues to collect and store our goods until the lorry goes over later in the year. You are amazing guys!! Our children in the orphanages and the elderly are so lucky we found such support.

Berni &
Dougie

Oddy Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 1763269238
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Brilliant Berni ans well done to all of you, your network seems to have grown quite a lot since I first stated watching you , Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 739492727
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 10:26 pm

As BGT says you do seem to be going in the upward direction which is a great credit to you and I see you have thanked as many people as you can for all their hard work and efforts but lets not forget that none of this would be possible without you and you man who seem to work tirelessly in making sure you bring some happiness to these people, so I would like to say a personal THANK YOU for all you do!!

:Fireworks: :Fireworks: :Celebration: :Fireworks: :Fireworks:
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:10 am

Go girl you are doing so well and i hope it continues in this way I see you have gained a lot more contacts/helpers which can only be good and that you are spreading your wings to help so many others which you are to be commended Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 3023850720
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:16 am

H Well done Bernie and also to all your helpers.
What a great achievement yet again from all of you that are so dedicated in making a huge difference, to the young and elderly.
Angel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next