altText

Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:41 am

First topic message reminder :

Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 1763269238

Hi Guys Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 2581928987

Feb has been a very slow month, not much happened really, see below.

Storage
We have all our goods ready and waiting to be stored unfortunately the TA cannot help us with storage this year, which is a shame as they have been brilliant. I have rang everyone from council to military services to self storage companies but we cannot get help. So, if you know of anyone who can help with donated storage until Sept , please do get in touch. We really appreciate it very much indeed.

Book sale
We have had confirmation that my place of work will allow us to hold a book sale to raise the funds towards the transport and the various renovations needed at the Orphanage. We have agreed the book sale will be held on 1st April. It is only open to staff so we will see how it goes. We have been donated lots of books and CD from Freegle and friends, which hopefully will sell, but if not ,we will take them to Bulgaria and ask for donations from the expats at our Garden Party. So fingers crossed all goes well.

Easter Chicks
Margaret our very good friend and avid supporter, again comes from Freegle has been knitting little chicks and putting a little cream egg inside. She raise a total of £35.50 when she took them to friends - This is a fantastic amount, well done Margaret!! You are a star! Myself and my friend Maureen have been knitting them too and we will bring them to the book sale on 1st April hopefully people will make donations - Oh they are so cute.

The wool project
We have a large box of wool now, but for the project we really need lots more. We have written to all the wool companies but so far only one company has replied and that is Simplywool.com in Scotland. The have been fantastic and send us a bag of wool and Christine also said she would start collecting and send what she can before the load is transported to Bulgaria. Thank you Christine, you have been wonderful! We will keep trying various other companies and of course we have the Freegle members, who have already given us some wool and needles. So if you can help please do get in touch.

People can also knit square for us and the ladies in the home can sew them together and make blankets - We also need lots and lots of good quality clean single blankets, which I will put an appeal our for in due course. We have such a long way to go yet with the wool. Again if you can help or know of anyone who can please do contact us. Special thanks to Elly who is always there to help out and support us. You are a little treasure! thanks.

Donations
A company called Great Gizmos in Crawley kindly send us a box of items for our shoeboxes, this is just fantastic - various items like moulding/bead kits, small board games, novelty handbag notebooks little cup cakes trinket cups and such. They are just lovely and the children will adore them - So thanks a million to Emma and Great Gizmos for helping us out Your donation will make so many children happy.

Also Hush Puppies donated 3 boxes of shoes to us they are mostly for the younger children and another box for the teenage girls although there was also some for the boys too. They are just fantastic so thanks to Sarah and the MD at Leicester for you wonderful donations. And of course a very special thanks to Bruce Dunn our very good friend from Scotland who offered to pick the shoes up on his way down to P'Boro from Scotland - Bruce you are wonderful and truly our guardian angel. Thanks a million time over.

Take a Break Magazine
Well I am sure you have all seen the story in Take a Break magazine - If not it is on the website under the photo gallery. It appears to be based around us, so you have an insight as to how things started and of course our plans for this year. The fee they will give for the article will go directly to the Orphanage fund for the transport and we will have various other fund raising events throughout the coming months and hopefully we will try to raise the transport costs. Although not sure there will be much, if anything left over for the renovations needed - but we will see how it goes. God is good.

The Garden Party
We have finally been given a date for the Garden Party at the Orphanage which is on Saturday Sept 25th from 1pm we do hope we get a lot more British &
Scottish there this year. We had fantastic support from 18 couples last year. Also a friend William and his wife Jo from Shuman came and brought their local mayor and friends too. They were very impressed at what we were doing. A few weeks later William send me an email to say that, his visit had a spin off effect with the Mayor as he came to William house saying he had some good for the children in the Shuman Orphanage. He asked William &
Jo to visit the Orphanage with him. This again, was fantastic new - The children were delighted with the gifts, even though they were feeling poorly at the time. William and Jo said it was fantastic to be able to help a very worthy cause. Well done guys! You did great. Dougie and I hope to have a few boxes we can donate to them this year too.

So you see, the word is spreading and people are beginning to help various other organizations, which is exactly what we set out to achieve. We will also check if we can organize with the various companies and Rotary club etc in Silsitra, if they can contact the local companies to see if they would fill a box of goods and send to the poor in the villagers and various other organizations. I hope to be visiting the local schools to speak with the directors about the children helping too..

Well that is if for now - We will just keep trying to find storage and hope someone will help us. I will keep you updated. Thanks again to all you lovely people who have helped and continue to help us, You are just fantastic and we could not do this without you.

Berni &
Dougie
Dimcho Debelianov Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 3386807041
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:12 am

Thank you for the update attachment, but wouldn't it be better to post it? just thinking this may stop others commenting and the orphanage getting less coverage? its just a thought I know you must be very busy but it would be a shame if members stopped posting back Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 3356871870
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:52 pm

H HThanks Cheeks, of course you are right only the photos are not included in the copy and paste, but you can see them in the link YEARENDUPDATE PDF link a page or so back some lovely photos of the children with their new toys Thanks Berni

:Xmas2::Xmas2::Xmas1:
[size=150:32it5400]
November and December 2010 monthly updated

We are now another year on and we have achieved so much this year, we are truly delighted as are the directors’ adults and the children in all the orphanages and other establishments in Bulgaria. I received an email from the Home for the Elderly and they have send me some pictures of the garments the grandmothers have made from the donated wool we sent over to Bulgaria in Sept for the ‘project for the children in the orphanages/poor in Silistra’ They did very well and are really enjoying themselves – We will continue this project for next year 2011 therefore, will be needing wool donations again throughout the year please. So if you know of anyone who can help please let us know. I will add photos to the website and also on our ‘Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 1931734156 of Silistra Bulgarian Orphanage’ on Facebook

Achievements since Sept 2010.
* The Home for Elderly project is now up and running – and will continue for 2011
* The Christmas Box project up and running – all over Bulgarian with 6 boxes in progress so
far
* English Lessons commenced at the Dimcho with 2 American teachers weekly
* New build project timber room at the Dimcho planning application
going through
* Krushari Orphanage Dobrich we had food delivered to the children
* Novo Selo Vidin Orphanages we and our helpers collected 28 huge boxes of good for the
children
including some food and sweets. We had them all ready for collection on 9th Dec to travel
to Bulgaria

Our Wool project in Bulgaria
These are some of the garments the grandmothers in the Home for the Elderly knitted from the donated wool project we took them in Sept

Vidin Project Dec 2010
Urgent appeal for Vidin Orphanages
Thanks a million to our Netmums &
Freegle members once again for their support and especially with this urgent appeal for the Vidin Orphanages. So many of our ongoing and even new supporters rallied round to help and support us with clothing, toys games, food and sweets, which will all go to the 2 Vidin Orphanages only. As always ‘You all did fantastic’ - considering we only had short notice. Thanks a million.

One of our wonderful Netmums Sharon who has supported us on many occasions has decided she would also buy some goods and this is what she bought along with various other donations of all the clothing form herself and friend and family. Thank a million Sharon you are a star!!

Some more of the items donated for the Vidin Orphanages below from our supporters in Freegle and Netmums – I am just lost for words we put an appeal out asking for good clean clothes and within 7 days we have 28 boxes filled with good clean clothing age 0 to 7 years, also toys and once again our helpers Kay Gwilliams send us over 50 jigsaws. Just fantastic!!, Thank you all. Emma and Rick have been collecting goods all over P’boro, we would like to say a very special thanks to you both – you have been just amazing!!

We were just amazed at the quick response from all our ongoing donors. They have been with us from the start and always been wonderful and very supportive. You are just amazing!!. Thanks you so much
Some of the goods we collected for Vidin Orphanages

Some of the goods we collected for Vidin Orphanages
This is the final lot of goods we sent to Vidin Novo Selo Orphanage 9.12.10

We, Dougie and I were very happy to help where we could re the Vidin Orphanages. We had already approached an organisation in Vidin earlier in the year to ask if we could help, but somehow this did not materialise however, when the opportunity to help Novo Selo arose we did our best and so did our fantastic helpers and especially our two collectors Emma and Rick, our stars!! Emma just cannot wait for the next project to start in Jan/Fen, which will be our shoeboxes. Rich is always there to help any way he can. He comes to all our bag packing, he is there for us. We also have Elly who is constantly knitting and organised a small circle of friend to knit for us too. They are our team although we have a few really good helpers we can call on when needed and of course they are there all the time doing their own thing to help us. Dougie and I just want to say ‘thanks a million times over’ you have all been just wonderful and supportive over the years and we really appreciate it very much indeed.

I also mentioned that Tee Kay Packaging in Fengate have agreed to supply us with our boxes for our next trip in Sept 2011 which is just amazing. Also PC Howard has come up trumps again for us with the storage space. Once again they have been just amazing throughout the year and now have agreed to help us again for next year. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful kind hearted people on our side – Would be wonderful if we could get a transport company now to help. Thank you all so much, your generosity has and will continue to make a huge difference to the children in all our orphanages and Disability Day Centres and other establishments etc.

Dr Stoykoya Baby Orphanage Silistra
Below are some of the donated toys, clothes trainers etc we delivered to Silistra Baby.Tots Sept 2010

Here are a few of the children with your donated toys guess you will recognised some of the

Dr Tanya Stovkova has sent a special message to thank us and all our supporters for all the wonderful gifts we donated to the Baby and Tots Orphanage. It is on the website below under ‘Thank You’. She is very grateful for our support and you can see how happy the children are with all their goods. I asked Tanya what it is they need most for our next years collection. They are very happy with whatever we bring however, the children would greatly benefit from some learning toys and dressing up costumes, some outdoor toys would also be really wonderful. We will try to collect as much of these as we can, baring in mind we rely on Freegle and Netmums to support us again, but of course, if there are any companies who wish to donated items that would also be fantastic!!!! Please contact us thanks a million.

The children look so cute in their new clothes and their wonderful trainers. How cute is this little one
Oh! I only just noticed the THANK YOU banner and some of your toys on the shelves, how lovely.

The Krushari Orphanage in Dobrich area
We were told that this orphanage was in a bad way however, after two independent reports, it is not as bad as stated. We sent in some food on 22 Nov for vouchers donated by Brenda Haven for being the 1000 member of Anglo-Info and George at British Lion Foods brought the food to Krushari himself. We have not heard from the director despite visits and reminders to contact us and emails so I guess they are coping hence we will leave them alone.

We sent as mall amount of goods to another orphanage the Priateli Orphanage in Veliko Tarnova with our friend Bruce who also visits once a year with goods he collects in Oban for them. Bruce had very limited space which was a shame but at least we sent the lovely knitted cardigans that Sheila sent us all the way from Australia. Next year we will send lots more.

The Booksale at my place of work
This was our booksale combine mini stocking sale. Paul at my work allowed us to hold it in the staff restaurant. Myself and our little elves helped knit those lovely little cute mini Christmas Stocking below Special thanks to Maureen, Mary, Tina, Dorothy, Vicky, Maura, Jenni and (Jeannette made all he felt ones) and all our circle of knitting friends who also helped. You all did just fantastic! We raised £183.74p a brilliant amount and this will go toward the transport for next year. Well done everyone!!!

The Christmas Boxes 2010

We have tried to set up our project ‘Christmas Boxes in Bulgaria’ whereby a company or establishment can put a box in their building and everyone can contribute one or two new items can be toiletries, hats, scarves, gloves, small toys, colouring books, felt tips or even a box with tinned or dried food etc. The idea is once this box is full than it can be taken to an Orphanage in the areas they reside in. This would mean the children would all have something to open on Christmas morning. I have a list of orphanages all over Bulgaria. We have help with advertising from Darren at Quest Magazine [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and Cindy at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Rosie at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was also hoping to help but had some setback due to weather conditions however, we will do the Easter Boxes and I am sure everyone will be able to help than. Special thanks to all you wonderful guys who have gone that extra mile to help us we really do appreciate it very much indeed. We have the following companies helping with filling Christmas Boxes so far

Condor Club: Radevo Village, near Nova Zagora, Sliven area. Shirley and the guys at he club will also be holding a Christmas fair on the 19th December and asked customers if they are making goodies to sell please make a few extra to donate. The donations made through the Condor Club will be given to the Orphanage in Sliven where there are 67 children ranging from 3 to 7 years. A box is already in the bar

British Lion Foodstore: Balchik. Donations will be given to the Krushari Orphanage in Dobrich. George is also donating some food from his own business and will make the delivery around in December depending on weather conditions. George has his box ready and waiting

Dolphin Bar and Restaurant: Momchilovo Vetrino Municipality Varna. A box is ready to be filled. Please contact Anita on 0886 881 369 or 088 688 1376 for more information on which orphanage they will select in their area.

BSBB Black Sea British Builders Angel Stoyanov Street Dobrich. Kevin said they would also set up a box – so again if you are in the areas please do drop in.

The Home for the Elderly in Silistra
The Baba's in the Home for the Elderly in Silsitra have almost filled one box with knitted garments from the donated wool we brought in Sept load, so well done!!

Coming along slowly but surely if you can help an orphanage in your area please do and don't forget to let us know. Thanks for your support

That is the report for this year – once again we just want to say thanks a million times over to everyone and anyone who has help and supported us though out the year. Our special thanks to you all, Bill our web co ordinator/designer and friend who is, as always doing a fantastic job. Ashley and our forum sponsors on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (see them all on our website sponsor list) Freegle and Netmums and all the others – without you guys we could not do this. You have once again helped us to help the children and various other organisation – You are all amazing. We look forward to your help again in the New Year 2011 we will start with the shoeboxes in Jan so remember to keep any unwanted Christmas gifts,

Berni &
Dougie
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Well done Berni you have achieved a lot this year both for Silistra and others like Mick from Vidin, its amazing how much difference 1 persons vision can make and I also include you other half when I say that, I'm sure the children and all the others that have benefited from you kindness will be reflected in their faces when they all so what they have, Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 3023850720
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:44 pm

This once again has bought a great smile to my face I don't know what more I can say? I know there are a few who help you both but if it weren't for you two then this would not have happened which is something you both should be very proud of :Great:I know that I am overwhelmed with all you do and it makes me feel so small sometimes but I do believe that we are all different and it takes a very special person to do all this and you tow are............
[size=200:34kca5hk][marquee:34kca5hk]SPECIAL[/marquee:34kca5hk]
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:17 am

Well done Berni all this work is much appreciated by the children and others Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 739492727
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:46 pm

Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 1763269238

Thanks a million for your comments really nice to get positive encouragement T

I will be updating sending the Jan update around in the next week or so but for now thought I would tell you that we have a date for the Garden Party confirmed so you can book in you diary Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 2706089290

[size=150:1of0jw70] Silistra Garden Party is on Sat 1st October 2011
really looking forward to that now. :Cheers3:and the planning starts now!! :Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 1931734156:

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Well done having people like you makes a big difference to so many.
As sallyann said it takes Special people to keep the drive and determination going. Angel
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:18 pm

s

Jan monthly update

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... tenews.htm

January Monthly Update 2011 Bulgarian Orphanage Silistra

Well here we are into Jan 2011 and we are full steam ahead already. Clothing has been delivered from one of the stores and Shoeboxes were distributed in Dec to the children at the Dimcho

Photos on the link

Distribution of the 2010 shoeboxes at the Dimcho &
Toys at the Baby Orphange 2010

The Condor Club in Sliven

Shirley, Jean Suzy and Viv at the Condor Club did the ‘Christmas Box Appeal’ in Bulgaria and they managed to collect a few boxes of wonderful goods which they took the Radevo orphanage. They selected this orphanage themselves and but the sound of it made a very good choice. The staff the orphanage staff and children were over the moon. Also a lovely couple Scott &
Joan for Radevo village hear about our appeal and brought bags of wrapped presents for them to take. Thanks to Scott &
Joan you did great. If anyone knows them please pass on our thanks and email Special thanks to all you the lovely ladies at the Condor Club you all did just fantastic!!!

Photo on the link

Disability Centre

We have very little info on the Disability Day Centre, only there are 48 residents and they need all sorts of items – Once the director contacts me I will have a better idea as to what exactly they need. I do know they need some kind of recreation or mental stimulation aids and the lovely Kay has supplied us again with another lot of jigsaw puzzles, which will be giving to the children at the Disability Centre. Thank you Kay for your ongoing support one of our long term Freegle members

Donated Computers:

We have been very lucky and had 10 computers donated by Luminus Group – David our helper managed to secure them for us. Thank you David you did great!!. We need to get them to Bulgaria. News in today!!! Delamode Plc the company we hire to transport our goods every year has offered to take the 10 computers to Sofia for us free of charge thanks you so much to Delamode we are really grateful indeed. We now need to get them to Essex to be loaded onto the lorry and then we need to sort out how to get them from Sofia to Silistra Orphanage – we will see if we can get help in Bulgaria now.

Home for the Elderly Project

The wool project is still ongoing. Therefore, we are always in need of wool so the Grandmothers’ in the Home for the Elderly can knit garments for the orphanages and the poor in the communities.

Christine at Simplywool.com started off the first box when she sent us another two bags of wool from Scotland – Thanks a million you are a little angle.

photos on the link above

Shoebox Covering:

You can see below we have been buying and collecting the goods for the shoeboxes since we got back in Oct last year. Last Saturday Elly myself and my granddaughter Grace age 6 were covering the shoeboxes for the Dimcho – We had another session today with Claire, our daughter in law and Grace we did great. Grace loved it and chatted all the time. She has decided she will do a letter so we can put in the box’s she is very excited about it all now. I am not sure what the letter will be about yet but no doubt we will find out soon enough.

Photos can be seen on the link about
Myself, Clare and Grace covering the boxes Dougie counting the boxes

Shoeboxes and baby toy boxes All shoebox items

Some of the goods ready for storage Shoeboxes items and the wrapping paper

Our Easter Project:

We will be holding a book sale/knitted egg sale at my place of work again on 15 April to help raise the transport funds needed to transport the September load. Below are some of the eggs I have knitted so far. I just need to buy the cream eggs to put inside, unless one of the stores or suppliers donates them to us, you never know. I have a number of helpers knitting various items for us Maureen, Mary, Maura, Elly, Vicky, Densie Tina, Dorothy and friends plus myself so hopefully we will have hats, scarfs and some beautiful blankets again from Tina, Dorothy and friends. Thank you all so much you are all just amazing!. Jeanette is now one of our volunteers and has made some wonderful Easter cards for the booksale. You are a star!! Thank you so much.

New sponsors in Bulgaria:

Mike and Jerry Black who own the Pelican Guesthouse in Silistra have been with us for a while now and were a great help to us at the Garden Party in 2010. Mike organised the live music on the day to include himself, Bobby and Krasi entertaining us. They were fantastic, special thanks to all three and hope to see them again in October this year. Jerry organised the tombola and the raffle and did great with the fundraising. The also offer as a prize a weekend at their Pelican Lake Guesthouse which was auctioned at Trust Radio the funds, when received will be given direct to the orphanage. This year Mike and Jerry have decided that they want to help The Dimcho financially, hence they propose for every guest staying they will donate 1 euro per night. As you can imagine this is indeed a fantastic offer and we are overwhelmed at their generosity. Thanks a million times over – your support will mean the Dimcho will be that much closer to having a new heating system in 2012.

Yambol Mini Digger Hire

Mike has offered to donate 25lev to Silistra Orphanage for everyone who hires his digger via ourbulgarianforum.com or friends recommendations. Mike is based in the Yambol region of Bulgaria hence will discuss areas he covers with you should you wish to hire one of his diggers. This is also a fantastic offer and again please contact Mike direct and he will advise you further. Mike we thank you very much indeed. You are a star! So remember if you need ground work done and want to help the Silistra do contact Mike

Lastly thanks again to our superstars Emma and Rick who continues to collect goods, sort wash and deliver good to us ready for packing. They are both fantastic and we would be lost without them. So thanks a million times over guys you are just amazing. Not forgetting Elly and our knitting circle you are just wonderful thanks a million. Thanks also to Next, Gap and our Netmums and Freegle members who also continue to support us throughout the year, we rely on you guys to fill the boxes that are donated from Andy at Tee Kay Packaging and then stored by PC Howard Ltd who donated storage again for us this year. A massive thanks to all you wonderful people, without your help and support we could not do this and the children would have nothing. So well done to everyone!! We really do appreciate you ongoing support, you goods makes a huge difference to the children the elderly and needy in Bulgaria.

Oddy g
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 10:23 am

I have read some of the update and well done to everyone inclining the people who have donated. Can I just say Berni that I would have preferred to read it on the forum rather than click a link and to be honest I did find the background on that site a bit distracting this is only my own thoughts. thank you
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Gimp wrote:
I have read some of the update and well done to everyone inclining the people who have donated. Can I just say Berni that I would have preferred to read it on the forum rather than click a link and to be honest I did find the background on that site a bit distracting this is only my own thoughts. thank you

Thanks Gimp: Done g

Thought it would save me time as would have to upload photos etc hence the link - however, if you want to see the photos you will have to click the link.

Berni
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:52 pm

You have done well Berni and so have all your helpers you always seem to manage to get through all the tasks ahead of you and sometimes only at the last minute but you get it done which is a great asses you and your team have so keep it up and I am trying to arrange my life at the moment so I am able to come to the garden party but I will let you know close to the date Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 3356871870 H
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:55 pm

oddball wrote:
s

Jan monthly update

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... tenews.htm

January Monthly Update 2011 Bulgarian Orphanage Silistra

Well here we are into Jan 2011 and we are full steam ahead already. Clothing has been delivered from one of the stores and Shoeboxes were distributed in Dec to the children at the Dimcho

Photos on the link

Distribution of the 2010 shoeboxes at the Dimcho &
Toys at the Baby Orphange 2010

The Condor Club in Sliven

Shirley, Jean Suzy and Viv at the Condor Club did the ‘Christmas Box Appeal’ in Bulgaria and they managed to collect a few boxes of wonderful goods which they took the Radevo orphanage. They selected this orphanage themselves and but the sound of it made a very good choice. The staff the orphanage staff and children were over the moon. Also a lovely couple Scott &
Joan for Radevo village hear about our appeal and brought bags of wrapped presents for them to take. Thanks to Scott &
Joan you did great. If anyone knows them please pass on our thanks and email Special thanks to all you the lovely ladies at the Condor Club you all did just fantastic!!!

Photo on the link

Disability Centre

We have very little info on the Disability Day Centre, only there are 48 residents and they need all sorts of items – Once the director contacts me I will have a better idea as to what exactly they need. I do know they need some kind of recreation or mental stimulation aids and the lovely Kay has supplied us again with another lot of jigsaw puzzles, which will be giving to the children at the Disability Centre. Thank you Kay for your ongoing support one of our long term Freegle members

Donated Computers:

We have been very lucky and had 10 computers donated by Luminus Group – David our helper managed to secure them for us. Thank you David you did great!!. We need to get them to Bulgaria. News in today!!! Delamode Plc the company we hire to transport our goods every year has offered to take the 10 computers to Sofia for us free of charge thanks you so much to Delamode we are really grateful indeed. We now need to get them to Essex to be loaded onto the lorry and then we need to sort out how to get them from Sofia to Silistra Orphanage – we will see if we can get help in Bulgaria now.

Home for the Elderly Project

The wool project is still ongoing. Therefore, we are always in need of wool so the Grandmothers’ in the Home for the Elderly can knit garments for the orphanages and the poor in the communities.

Christine at Simplywool.com started off the first box when she sent us another two bags of wool from Scotland – Thanks a million you are a little angle.

photos on the link above

Shoebox Covering:

You can see below we have been buying and collecting the goods for the shoeboxes since we got back in Oct last year. Last Saturday Elly myself and my granddaughter Grace age 6 were covering the shoeboxes for the Dimcho – We had another session today with Claire, our daughter in law and Grace we did great. Grace loved it and chatted all the time. She has decided she will do a letter so we can put in the box’s she is very excited about it all now. I am not sure what the letter will be about yet but no doubt we will find out soon enough.

Photos can be seen on the link about
Myself, Clare and Grace covering the boxes Dougie counting the boxes

Shoeboxes and baby toy boxes All shoebox items

Some of the goods ready for storage Shoeboxes items and the wrapping paper

Our Easter Project:

We will be holding a book sale/knitted egg sale at my place of work again on 15 April to help raise the transport funds needed to transport the September load. Below are some of the eggs I have knitted so far. I just need to buy the cream eggs to put inside, unless one of the stores or suppliers donates them to us, you never know. I have a number of helpers knitting various items for us Maureen, Mary, Maura, Elly, Vicky, Densie Tina, Dorothy and friends plus myself so hopefully we will have hats, scarfs and some beautiful blankets again from Tina, Dorothy and friends. Thank you all so much you are all just amazing!. Jeanette is now one of our volunteers and has made some wonderful Easter cards for the booksale. You are a star!! Thank you so much.

New sponsors in Bulgaria:

Mike and Jerry Black who own the Pelican Guesthouse in Silistra have been with us for a while now and were a great help to us at the Garden Party in 2010. Mike organised the live music on the day to include himself, Bobby and Krasi entertaining us. They were fantastic, special thanks to all three and hope to see them again in October this year. Jerry organised the tombola and the raffle and did great with the fundraising. The also offer as a prize a weekend at their Pelican Lake Guesthouse which was auctioned at Trust Radio the funds, when received will be given direct to the orphanage. This year Mike and Jerry have decided that they want to help The Dimcho financially, hence they propose for every guest staying they will donate 1 euro per night. As you can imagine this is indeed a fantastic offer and we are overwhelmed at their generosity. Thanks a million times over – your support will mean the Dimcho will be that much closer to having a new heating system in 2012.

Yambol Mini Digger Hire

Mike has offered to donate 25lev to Silistra Orphanage for everyone who hires his digger via ourbulgarianforum.com or friends recommendations. Mike is based in the Yambol region of Bulgaria hence will discuss areas he covers with you should you wish to hire one of his diggers. This is also a fantastic offer and again please contact Mike direct and he will advise you further. Mike we thank you very much indeed. You are a star! So remember if you need ground work done and want to help the Silistra do contact Mike

Lastly thanks again to our superstars Emma and Rick who continues to collect goods, sort wash and deliver good to us ready for packing. They are both fantastic and we would be lost without them. So thanks a million times over guys you are just amazing. Not forgetting Elly and our knitting circle you are just wonderful thanks a million. Thanks also to Next, Gap and our Netmums and Freegle members who also continue to support us throughout the year, we rely on you guys to fill the boxes that are donated from Andy at Tee Kay Packaging and then stored by PC Howard Ltd who donated storage again for us this year. A massive thanks to all you wonderful people, without your help and support we could not do this and the children would have nothing. So well done to everyone!! We really do appreciate you ongoing support, you goods makes a huge difference to the children the elderly and needy in Bulgaria.

Oddy g

Thanks Carmen - appreciate your comments. :Great:Look forward to seeing you at the Garden Party :Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 1931734156:

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Amazing how well you have done and the help you are getting looks like its growing which can only be a good sign and tell you that what your doing has great approval :Congtrats:well done again Berni and I look forward to reading more about the progress your making for these needy children.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Well done again lady you really have done well I can't find the right words to express what I think about the work you do with all these children and others its so wonderful to think that there are still people in the world who think as you do and it looks as though your always determined to do the best you can always.

sarah H
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 12:31 am

nu2bg wrote:
Amazing how well you have done and the help you are getting looks like its growing which can only be a good sign and tell you that what your doing has great approval :Congtrats:well done again Berni and I look forward to reading more about the progress your making for these needy children.

Sarah wrote:
Well done again lady you really have done well I can't find the right words to express what I think about the work you do with all these children and others its so wonderful to think that there are still people in the world who think as you do and it looks as though your always determined to do the best you can always.

sarah H

Oh ahhhhhhhhh ladies you make me blush Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 2345823347 Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 2345823347 T T so much for your lovely comments. Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 1763269238

Berni xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage   Monthly Update re:  the Silistra Orphanage - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monthly Update re: the Silistra Orphanage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next