The sun has got his hat on

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 59, 60, 61
AuthorMessage
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Empty
PostSubject: The sun has got his hat on   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Hip hip hip hoorah
And we're coming out to play

s s s s s s s

The barbecues out, the grass has had it's 1st cut, and I've got heat bumps on my arms for the first time ever!!

Well, there has to be a downside somewhere!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: The sun has got his hat on   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 1:18 pm

well i got back to varna , knackered i might add , at 02.30 yesterday morn to a barmy 12 c...followed by a day of 19c and calm and sunny....and today is the same
so you could have come down Oddy..and enjoyed

as for that Beast from the East Bill.....it gave me an extended vacation in UK....got snowbound
so part 2...dont really want it here either... La
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The sun has got his hat on   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Welcome back to the sunshine hun, last few days have been raining on and off but this morning no rain cloudy and now sunshine. Good job I did cancel as have the electrician coming in tomorrow for a few days, which means at least 4 The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 2345823347 but I have set a price so no matter how long it takes he gets the same price,

See what next week is like, we have time on our hands now so can go anytime really. @wilowsend are you in BG?
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: The sun has got his hat on   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 12:05 am

It has been 12-14c here in parts of the UK today and I have been in the garden doing the spring jobs we have to do every year, that's the good news, the bad news is that we are informed by our reliable weather forecaster that we will have another cold snap this week-end with up to 5cm of snow snowing the beast from the east will be back again The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The sun has got his hat on   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 6:26 am

Oh dear not good Willow. Well at least you got some jobs done. We are expecting snow here on Sunday too.
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: The sun has got his hat on   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 6:33 am

Here's the weather for the next 15 days in the Tervel area, I find this site quite good short term but long term is as good or bad as any of them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: The sun has got his hat on   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 8:50 am

It's not fair [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Yes, for the time of the year lovely weather, same here in the UK yesterday, we sat on our patio with a glass of wine in T shirts and shorts, but this morning we woke up to this snowing
The forecasters got it spot on
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 7:07 pm

Strange weather pattern at the moment...last couple of days has been mainly sunny and warm and pretty easy to live with, but yesterday morning the wind was quite feisty and coming from the West, which is fairly rare in my region. By about midday, the wind had ceased, but the day stayed fairly warm until just after sunset, then a light rain began to fall and the temp followed it down...I woke at about 4 am and took my coffee out onto the patio...and it was snowing! It didn't last too long and gradually turned into light rain which removed all traces of the snow...the day began in a gloomy mood, but quickly became quite pleasant...I spent the afternoon weeding the flower garden, in full sunshine!

Tomorrow is forecast to be nice and warm, but on Thursday we may get snow again. The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 794030042

Watching the news tonight and it reported that Berni and Doug copped a fair bit of the cold, white stuff...looking forward to a full report from Herself.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The sun has got his hat on   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 9:06 am

Well there you go more flipping snow I don't mind the snow so much as it is only about 4" deep so nothing to worry about but it is the first time we have had freezing cold and icicles everywhere.  Very slippery yesterday, we had to go to the community hall so was very careful.  Today the sun is shining and the icicles have all gone and the snow is melting but no water logged anywhere, which is fantatic news.  Seems like all the chanels I dug have worked yepeeeeeeeeee.

In fareness winter this year was great compare to last year,  We had one power cut for about 40 mins they did not clear the road to ours but not really a big deal as Dougie got Fergie out tied some wood to her bumper and cleared it himself but I still had to make a fuss as the municipality should do this.  Spoke with the mayor yesterday and he has put our road on the listing to be done in future now.  He also told me the co operation will clear the road hight and level it so the road is lower then the garden.  He has already spoke with cooperation and they are waiting now for dry weather.  So we will see how it all goes 'Watch this space'

They say we will have more snow today until Sat then back to warmer weather.

Electrican still not turned up and no contact what so every.  Must have gone on holiday with my money The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 3897195628 only kidding. Sure he will be here in Bulgarian time, ie when weather is clear.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: The sun has got his hat on   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 9:31 am

Electrican still not turned up and no contact what so every. Must have gone on holiday with my money only kidding

I wouldn't bank on him turning up, Of course I am speaking from experience dealing with Bulgarians over the last 10 years The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 1430720830 anyway
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: The sun has got his hat on   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 9:43 am

willowsend wrote:
Electrican still not turned up and no contact what so every.  Must have gone on holiday with my money  only kidding

I wouldn't bank on him turning up, Of course I am speaking from experience dealing with Bulgarians over the last 10 years The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 1430720830 anyway

haha...quite !!

snowing like buggery here today and settlin well considering the ground id still sodden from all the rain the last few days.....
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The sun has got his hat on   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 12:11 pm

varnagirl wrote:
willowsend wrote:
Electrican still not turned up and no contact what so every.  Must have gone on holiday with my money  only kidding

haha...quite !!

snowing like buggery here today and settlin well considering the ground id still sodden from all the rain the last few days.....

Ha he will turn up sooner or later but in Bulgarian time. Word has got round the village I gave him the money for materials as Yvanka was with us when we met up. His inlaws live in the village so they will get to hear of it too.

Sunshine here today VG so melting nicely but thankfully no running water or water holes. We are expecting more snow today and tomorrow. So will stay indoors now. Keep warm
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: The sun has got his hat on   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 4:06 pm

oddball wrote:
varnagirl wrote:
willowsend wrote:

haha...quite !!

Ha he will turn up sooner or later but in Bulgarian time.  Word has got round the village I gave him the money for materials as Yvanka was with us when we met up.  His inlaws live in the village so they will get to hear of it too.

Sunshine here today VG so melting nicely but thankfully no running water or water holes.  We are expecting more snow today and tomorrow.  So will stay indoors now.   Keep warm

Just a tip Berni, maybe it would be better if the next time you employed someone to do a job that needed a small quantity of materials (by volume) you should go with them and purchase the materials yourself, you may even find the cost of the materials is less than you expected that way
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 5:32 pm

Good advice from Simon...I've done that a few times and it worked out well.
This has been said by others...don't pay any money upfront, for anything! Even if you have to resort to going to the supplier with the person doing the job, at least you will have the materials in your possession if he decides to play lazy bugger and not turn up.

Gotta keep your 'clever hat' on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The sun has got his hat on   The sun has got his hat on - Page 61 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 61 of 61Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 59, 60, 61

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The weather wherever you are ?-