HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Would you tell your neighbour everything?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

Would you tell your neighbour everything? Empty
PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:28 am

It always baffles us that in the UK ,you have the common sense to keep your cards close to your chest!! So why do people feel that when they are on a forum they feel the need to spill the beans? "
I live on my own in "
and my partner is not here "
nothing like letting everybody know you are on your own eh? and vunerable!! In the UK you try your hardest to let people think you are at home!! Anybody can look on the internet or pretend to be someone they are not!! We all teach our kids about "
carefull who you talk to on the web"
does that apply to us adults? Just a thought
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:26 am

Yes i think you have a point there! However i am not vunerable and get a sense of 'letting off steam' writing my blog. I feel that it is up to ones decission to make, and seeming as i am an adult i think it is my call, to be honest no one knows truely if what people say on here is true or not, anyone can turn a story and anyone can blurt the truth!

I personally want to share my experiences and personally want to show myself and others that life isn't all NEGATIVE but it isn't all POSITIVE neither....

If people do not like it then they do not need to read it and if people think it is irresponsible then they don't need to the same! I am assuming this topic arose because of my last blog? or maybe i am paranoid, but fair play it is a good point!

ah but just my point is personally try to keep my neighbours at arms length i do not have any neighbours here!!! :) its real life, thats all....
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:42 am

I think you have misunderstood the thread! I have not even read you blog because it does not interest me and was not on about what you had written!! What i was saying is that on other forums there are people who are willing to let everybody on the www know they are alone ,more or less where they live or when hubby is due back! Broadcasting all sorts of info that in the UK you would not even dream of telling ,even to your neighbour . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:24 pm

nothing is guaranteed safe, but forums like these you dont really identify yourself. now face book does, its your real name, real picture and often your date of birth, does give people a good source of info.

anyone with an email adress can be hacked by a determined person.. that sadly is life. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Loupylou wrote:
It always baffles us that in the UK ,you have the common sense to keep your cards close to your chest!! So why do people feel that when they are on a forum they feel the need to spill the beans? "
I live on my own in "
and my partner is not here "
nothing like letting everybody know you are on your own eh? and vunerable!! In the UK you try your hardest to let people think you are at home!! Anybody can look on the internet or pretend to be someone they are not!! We all teach our kids about "
carefull who you talk to on the web"
does that apply to us adults? Just a thought

Loup [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Spot on. Always try to be safe no matter who you are taking to. We have to be very careful indeed, not everyone are who they say they are and of course not everyone is out to help either, I do think you have to keep your wits about you. However, on a positive note [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] there are some wonderful people about [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] again for reminding us of the very good points [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oddy
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 5:03 pm

LittleSteps wrote:
Yes i think you have a point there! However i am not vunerable and get a sense of 'letting off steam' writing my blog. I feel that it is up to ones decission to make, and seeming as i am an adult i think it is my call, to be honest no one knows truely if what people say on here is true or not, anyone can turn a story and anyone can blurt the truth!

I personally want to share my experiences and personally want to show myself and others that life isn't all NEGATIVE but it isn't all POSITIVE neither....

If people do not like it then they do not need to read it and if people think it is irresponsible then they don't need to the same! I am assuming this topic arose because of my last blog? or maybe i am paranoid, but fair play it is a good point!

ah but just my point is personally try to keep my neighbours at arms length i do not have any neighbours here!!! :) its real life, thats all....

I believe you have jumped a little here - Loupylou merely stated people should be more careful and use a little common sense by taking security measures. At no point did she mention or relate to 'your blog. Please stay on topic. Thank a million

Oddy
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 5:12 pm

i know oddy!! my point was that my blog may be seen as something too personal and as i stated yes maybe i was being paranoid but merely felt this was the topic to justify why i am writing such a personal log on the forum!! Don't see it being as off topic really....I think loupyloo has a very good point especially when it comes to pages like facebook!!!
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Loupylou is very correct about giving personal details or whereabouts on any internet site that is not a protected site

Also Amy is correct that threre is nothing wrong with her "
blog' in the sense that she feels under no threat and that there are friends on this site. But please Amy be careful there are some not so nice people out there

Picking up on Mick's point we feel safer here than we do in the UK. We can go out at night and do not look over our shoulders to see if we are about to be mugged. Crime in the Country is a lot lower than in cities. As they say on the finale in Crime Watch in the UK 'Be Safe'
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Well just read all this and all I can say is that all of you are right and you've all raised valid points
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:11 pm

I agree with most that has been said,but always remember you are in control

Mike
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:30 pm

I think its a matter of trust some people you can trust and tell them everything but others you can't but only you would know that, and then its down to choice and as mickhev has said your always in control
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:17 am

Unless its your best friend
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:48 pm

mickhev wrote:
I agree with most that has been said,but always remember you are in control

Mike
It makes me tremble and gives me goose pimples when I read how trusting some people think they can be, and let me if I may give you a true life situation.
We employed a man called Teoharov and his partner to look after our villa. They became good friends, or so we thought, wining and dining with us and little did we know that all the time they were finding out as much as they could about us
After one year Teoharov sold our property in April 2008. During that summer we had guests and paying clients arriving at tha villa
Teoharov would be there to meet and greet them, put in a welcome pack, offer them taxi services into Dobrich etc. Clients wrote in our guest book what a lovely man he was, so willing and helpful, nothing was to much trouble
On the birth of our grand-son Teoharov and his partner sent gifts also on my birthday he text me which said, We wish you health, wealth and happiness on you birthday. Just to remind you folks all this is three months after he had sold our villa.
I was at our villa in July 2008 when he was helping me to finish our outside summer kitchen and B-B-Q. He turned up on the Thursday morning and said I have got some terible news, my wife's Mother and Father have been killed in a car crash and I have to drive her to Istanbul Airport to get a flight to Soel. That was all a pack of lies, they were fleeing the country of Bulgaria
When they didn't return we got somebody else to maintain our property, but we still did not have any indication that he had sold our villa, untill at midnight on 9th September 2008 my wife and I along with our best friends arrived for our summer holidays to find
OUR VILLA gates chained and padlocked, so the rest of our holiday was spent in a lawyers office and a hotel
Mick, as for your comment. remember you are always in control. We thought we were and look where it got us
Believe me folks, friends and neighbours, the above is a watered down version of what happened to us
Please, please don't let it happen to you, I can assure you it is not a nice situation to find yourself in
THIS IS A TRUE STORY
Back to top Go down
FlorryB
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Oh please willowsend... you've had your say on plenty of other threads. Can't we leave this one alone now?

I can understand how upset you are (have gone through horrid things as well) but it's not doing you any good going over and over it. You seem to becoming more an more bitter the more you post comments.

Everyone makes their own judgement at the time and I do think life has to be lived with some element of trust: otherwise, is it worth living, is it?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Can we keep this on topic please, rather than go down the route of a conversation that should only be discussed in a court of law and not in the public domain.

Please remember that under current legislation, all forum posts are considered evidence and can be used in court and (personally I believe it ...) would be best to say very little should this be an ongoing court case.

As for 'in control' goes, it's only those folks with the 'signature' that are in control ... be that owners, appointed power of attorneys, lawyers or otherwise that have to sign contracts, full stop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you tell your neighbour everything?   Would you tell your neighbour everything? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you tell your neighbour everything?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next