Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation Empty
PostSubject: Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation   Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:17 pm

[size=75:1jbbid9w]novinite 22 February 2010

Every Bulgarian who has been a victim of a crime is entitled to BGN 10 000 in State compensation, the Bulgarian National Radio, BNR, reports Monday.

The compensation is provided by the Financial Assistance to Crime Victims Act and BGN 1 M annually are slated for the fund.

In the previous two years only BGN 180 000 have been used and for this reason the Foundation for Assistance of Crime Victims is beginning a national campaign to make Bulgarians aware of the program.

People can apply through the Regional Directorates of the Interior Ministry. In addition to financial help, they can also receive free legal and psychological advice.

Despite the small absorption of the funds, the Foundation still deems the amount very low, pointing out in the UK the compensation is GBP 70 000.

I wonder why only Bulgarian's?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation   Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Well i have to say before i met my wife she had her house broken into by druggys and the mess was terrible she never even got the police to come and fingerprint the windows as they said it was not a priority,English law is a joke,and as for 70.000 pounds she could not even claim for broken windows and busted door,this money may be available but i dont think its for the working class

Mike
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation   Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 pm

Prevention is the answer.

We have and pay for a Police alarm service a bit on the pricey side but very good. They offer a 5 - 10 minute armed response if the alarm is activated. We know they take 5 minutes or so as we have accidently forgotten to turn it off when putting the car in the garage as the alarm panel is in the house.

They turn up no blue lights just very quick.
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation   Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:33 pm

That is very good and something to think about

Mike
Back to top Go down
anglachanka
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation   Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:44 am

Good question ...why only Bulgarians ?...surely this should be applicable to all Bulgarian residents. If it turns out to be so, I shall pass the info onto some English friends who had their outbuildings broken into and some tools etc stolen. Police attended and investigated, but nothing has ever been recovered, plus their elderly rottweiller dog was poisoned and almost died as a result of the breakin. Only the actions of a very good local vet saved him. Some compensation for crime victims wiould be very good indeed.
Back to top Go down
anglachanka
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation   Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:48 am

I have other English friends with a holiday home here and they also have a sensor alarm in their property.
It is linked to a security company based in Vidin, but obviously with local oatrols. They are very good, with a response time of up to 4 minutes and again both the guards are armed.
Prevention is indeed the answer and gives you some peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation   Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:50 am

Maybe this compensation is only available to people of limited means. The average Brit would have insurance
Back to top Go down
the good life

PostSubject: Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation   Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Well if they get past my 2 Karakachan's then good luck to them. I also have a baseball bat and green belt in judo. And if that is not a deterrent then my wife will talk them to death .lol. Also we are soon going to be purchasing some geese. Have any of you tried to get in somewhere where there are geese.Those who have will know!. We like to go back to the traditional ways of property security.the good life!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation   Bulgarian Crime Victims Entitled to State Compensation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1