From a friend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

From a friend Empty
PostSubject: From a friend   From a friend Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:19 pm

A friend sent me this:

This is apparently a real passport application letter!!

Don't you wish that you had written this? The last paragraph is the best of all.

Dear Minister,

I'm in the process of renewing my passport but I am at a total loss to understand or believe the hoops I am being asked to jump through.

How is it that Bert Smith of T.V. Rentals Basingstoke has my address and telephone number and knows that I bought a satellite dish from them back in 1994, and yet, the Government is still asking me where I was born and on what date?

How come that nice West African immigrant chappy who comes round every Thursday night with his DVD rentals van can tell me every film or video I have had out since he started his business up eleven years ago, yet you still want me to remind you of my last three jobs, two of which were with contractors working for the government?

How come the T.V. detector van can tell if my T.V. is on, what channel I am watching and whether I have paid my licence or not, and yet if I win the government run lottery they have no idea I have won or where I am and will keep the bloody money to themselves if I fail to claim in good time.

Do you people do this by hand?

You have my birth date on numerous files you hold on me, including the one with all the income tax forms I've filed for the past 30 odd years. It's on my health insurance card, my driver's licence, on the last four passports I've had, on all those stupid customs declaration forms I've had to fill out before being allowed off the planes and boats over the last 30 years, and all those insufferable census forms that are done every ten years and the electoral registration forms I have to complete, by law, every time our Lords and masters are up for re-election..

Would somebody please take note, once and for all, I was born in Maidenhead on the 4th of March 1957, my mother's name is Mary, her maiden name was Reynolds, my father's name is Robert, and I'd be absolutely astounded if that ever changed between now and the day I die!

I apologise Minister. I'm obviously not myself this morning. But between you and me, I have simply had enough! You mail the application to my house, then you ask me for my address. What is going on? Do you have a gang of Neanderthals working there?

Look at my damn picture. Do I look like Bin Laden? I don't want to activate the Fifth Reich for God's sake! I just want to go and park my weary backside on a sunny, sandy beach for a couple of week's well-earned rest away from all this *beep*.

Well, I have to go now, because I have to go to back to Salisbury and get another copy of my birth certificate because you lost the last one. AND to the tune of 60 quid! What a racket THAT is!!

Would it be so complicated to have all the services in the same spot to assist in the issuance of a new passport the same day? But nooooo, that'd be too damn easy and maybe make sense. You'd rather have us running all over the place like chickens with our heads cut off, then find some tosser to confirm that it's really me on the goddamn picture - you know ... the one where we're not allowed to smile in case we look as if we are enjoying the process!

Hey, you know why we can't smile? 'Cause we're totally jacked off!

I served in the armed forces for more than 25 years including over ten years at the Ministry of Defence in London. I have had security clearances which allowed me to sit in the Cabinet Office, five seats away from the Prime Minister while he was being briefed on the first Gulf War and I have been doing volunteer work for the British Red Cross ever since I left the Services. However, I have to get someone 'important' to verify who I am -- you know, someone like my doctor ... who, before he got his medical degree 6 months ago WAS LIVING IN PAKISTAN ...

Yours sincerely,

An Irate British Citizen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Anonymous

From a friend Empty
PostSubject: From a friend   From a friend Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:14 pm

Well Ashley,
was worth reading hope you find some more of these. I'm still laughing, Love it.

Tony
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

From a friend Empty
PostSubject: From a friend   From a friend Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:47 pm

That was so funny :hilarious: :hilarious:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous
Anonymous

From a friend Empty
PostSubject: From a friend   From a friend Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Oh yes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

From a friend Empty
PostSubject: From a friend   From a friend Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:23 pm

That was so funny Ashley keep em comming :joker:
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

From a friend Empty
PostSubject: From a friend   From a friend Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:48 am

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: so so funny :Congrats:
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

From a friend Empty
PostSubject: From a friend   From a friend Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:42 am

Its so funny because its all true! The Government has us all on a database so it should be simple to press a computer button. Obviously they don't trust their own databases. If someone was perpetrating a fraudulent claim they wouldn't be applying to the passport office but contacting someone of a criminal mentality paying them loadsamoney.
Back to top Go down
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

From a friend Empty
PostSubject: From a friend   From a friend Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Sad but true.

And I'm sick of getting letters with forms to fill in asling for my ADDRESS.

Sometimes I wish they'd lose it.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

From a friend Empty
PostSubject: From a friend   From a friend Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:58 am

Brilliant!

I have worked in the same building for the same company for 15 years - All the security personel know me by first name, but I forgot my security pass recently and could not get past the reception. why! because I could not get anyone to verify who I was amazing eh!! I had to wait in reception for 25mins until one of the teamleaders came in. This made me late

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

From a friend Empty
PostSubject: Re: From a friend   From a friend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From a friend

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1