System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines Empty
PostSubject: System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines   System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:40 pm

Loopholes in Bulgaria's legislation and the lack of a joint information system between traffic police and the Customs Agency have made it impossible to issue traffic fines to foreigners passing through the country, Bulgarian National Television reported on September 11 2009.

As The Sofia Echo has previously reported, traffic police have no power to force foreign traffic offenders to pay their fines before leaving the country.

By law, offenders have a 10-day period during which they can appeal against the fine. By this time, however, motorists in transit are already out of the country.

The problem appears mostly with Romanian and Turkish truck drivers, police in the border city of Rousse, on the Romanian-Bulgarian border, told BNT.

If there were a joint information system between traffic police and customs, then such drivers could be asked to pay fines before leaving the country.

Currently, traffic police can only confiscate foreigners' driving licences if they are intoxicated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Anonymous
Anonymous

PostSubject: System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape    System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi Ashley,

That is a very useful bit of info. You see you learn something everyday, regardless of the time you have been here.... :cheers: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Best wishes,

Tony
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines   System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:50 pm

This is very interesting to me ? when I was in BG I had my own British reg car with me and normally I never got stopped, I think it was because of the plates? anyway when I registered it onto BG plates I got stopped a few times usually for nothing, but on one occasion I remeber I was stopped and it was the only time I never had my docs with me :shock:not evenb my passport, anyway I was lucky they told mew to produce my car docs at Sliven Police station and my passport at Yambol police station, well I did goto Sliven police station but what a game trying to make them understand that I was producing my documents, and as I own a Pajero they realy didn't know what kind of truck it was?? anyway about 1 hour later and after traveling all round the police station and then photocopying everything I was told to go, which I did, I couldn't goto to yambol police station as I was told to wait 4 weeks, but I was returning to the uk that week so I never produced my passport there, and I have never received a fine of any sort either :lol: :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
mugshot
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines   System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:25 pm

I have been told many times about speeding Turkish lorry drivers on the Trakiya Highway by my brother in law, this now explains why they dont mind speeding because it doesnt matter to them if they get caught!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders esc   System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:45 am

Netsniperthefirst wrote:
This is very interesting to me ? when I was in BG I had my own British reg car with me and normally I never got stopped, I think it was because of the plates? anyway when I registered it onto BG plates I got stopped a few times usually for nothing, but on one occasion I remeber I was stopped and it was the only time I never had my docs with me :shock:not evenb my passport, anyway I was lucky they told mew to produce my car docs at Sliven Police station and my passport at Yambol police station, well I did goto Sliven police station but what a game trying to make them understand that I was producing my documents, and as I own a Pajero they realy didn't know what kind of truck it was?? anyway about 1 hour later and after traveling all round the police station and then photocopying everything I was told to go, which I did, I couldn't goto to yambol police station as I was told to wait 4 weeks, but I was returning to the uk that week so I never produced my passport there, and I have never received a fine of any sort either :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very interesting, netsniper. They were probably checking that you were who you said you were and not using someone else's identity System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders esc   System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:02 am

OMG this post is a bit out of date and well past its sell by System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines 3135333095 s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines   System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

System's shortcomings help foreign traffic offenders escape fines

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1