View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

The weather is kinda warm.. Empty
PostSubject: The weather is kinda warm..   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 7:11 pm

...especially when spending around 12 hrs per day working up on the roof! I'm currently removing all the tiles and batons, installing a waterproof membrane, then refitting everything. Temps have been up around the 36-7 degree mark (in the shade) which has made the job a bit of a pain...the roof area is just over 360 sq metres and the quality of the tiles leaves a lot to be desired.. The weather is kinda warm.. 794030042

I fear that more than a few choice words and phrases may have been uttered!! The weather is kinda warm.. 1305387665
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The weather is kinda warm..   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 8:32 pm

Ah bless hope you are wearing your hat or maybe one of the umbrella hats g I am told the tems will raise to 40 tomorrow and into next week. We have a village festival tomorrow starts at 10am now I know why all the events start early far too hot in the afternoon.s
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: The weather is kinda warm..   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 9:28 am

Yes and its set to get warmer so get it sorted Baz while its at least bearable s
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 5:19 am

Going quick as I can sallyann...just find it hard to stay motivated. The weather is kinda warm.. 794030042 The weather is kinda warm.. 794030042

Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: The weather is kinda warm..   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 6:01 am

JB , you mind you dont make yourself ill...these temps are not condusive for any type of labour unless an hour or so early morn or late eve....doubt if youd find a bulgarian doing roofing at the moment
roof tiles can survive for a bit longer...heatstrokes not fussy where it hits
take care......
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 11:33 am

Thanks VG, I tend to start at around 6am and keep it up until around midday, then take a long spell until 7ish and then work until almost dark.

Coming from OZ, I'm no real stranger to high temps so I dress and work accordingly....big wide brimmed straw hat, light clothing and lots of refreshment breaks.

Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 8:33 am

Still plodding along with this rather long winded project and it's beginning to wear me down. The high temps are no help and what should have been a ten day job is stretching out further and further.

We are expecting a visit from Mike and Tanya tomorrow and the place still resembles a bombsite!! It will be rather nice to have a day off though.... Hot
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The weather is kinda warm..   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 10:47 am

justbazz wrote:
Still plodding along with this rather long winded project and it's beginning to wear me down. The high temps are no help and what should have been a ten day job is stretching out further and further.

We are expecting a visit from Mike and Tanya tomorrow and the place still resembles a bombsite!! It will be rather nice to have a day off though.... Hot

There no rush Baz take your time little by little and you will get there, not point in killing yourself plus you will get fed up with the project and won't want to continue so for now, just take it easy and enjoy the company tomorrow g
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: The weather is kinda warm..   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Heat . . . heat and more heat, this weather is doing my head in, presumably everyone else is the same. I have a load of work to do and spend half the day under a fan to stay cool!

Hot Hot Hot
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The weather is kinda warm..   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 3:07 pm

This morning I managed to varnish the stone wall around the garage whilst Dougie was sorting the lawnmower took about an hour and a half and 2.5lts of varnish so happy with that. Then it was time for lunch. Had an hour or so break and we started painting the inside even working inside we were soaked. There is no rush to get things done, little by little. Tomorrow we are all going to the community hall as the mayor donated 12 chiars and two benches so they need covering. Dotcho is trying very hard to get Dougie to fix the ceiling that has a big hole in it see below.... One of the other men started to dig it out but as soon as he touched it, it fell down, they were not very happy but it really wasn't his fault. The ceiling is cracked all the way along so whoever touched it, the same thing will happen. So I have told Dougie to keep well away, we don't want to get stuck with a bill to fix the ceiling now do we The weather is kinda warm.. 2345823347

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

PostSubject: Re: The weather is kinda warm..   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:06 pm

varnagirl wrote:
JB , .doubt if youd find a bulgarian doing roofing at the moment
roof tiles can survive for a bit longer...heatstrokes  not fussy where it hits
take care......

We have 2 very good Bulgarian builders working all day for the last 3 weeks (with a few coffee breaks ) raising the roof on our bungalow, i get over heated just watching them, I don't know how they do it. i am off home on Friday (Tanya is staying longer) and i personally am looking forward to some good old English weather, as this heat is getting to me now. Hot
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:16 pm

How did the car perform on the way home Mike?
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

PostSubject: Re: The weather is kinda warm..   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:48 am

Hi Barry , yes the car seemed to be ok, we will take it into the Citroen guy in Karlova probably either today or tomorrow. We enjoyed the visit to you, and only ended up buying a hammock in Plovdiv (for me on the balcony). I have just planted the Rhubarb, (in the far corner of the plot so that we can fence it in, after your warning about the the baby sheep and goats eating it), i have since read up about the the dangerous acid in the leaves so thanks for the warning. The builder have removed the ceiling in the entrance hall so we can now get up there from inside the bungalow (with a ladder) until the staircase guy builds and fits the stairs.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:53 am

Glad you enjoyed the visit...we did too, even if we were pretty scruffy!!
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: The weather is kinda warm..   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:05 pm

Did you enjoy the good old english weather mike...i did...averaged 19 - 27 c...only 1 day of showers....lovely...then stept of the plane here to 37......not nice !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The weather is kinda warm..   The weather is kinda warm.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The weather is kinda warm..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next