altText

SKY Travel Agency, Varna

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hoseman
Senior user
Senior user

SKY Travel Agency, Varna Empty
PostSubject: SKY Travel Agency, Varna   SKY Travel Agency, Varna Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 10:34 am

Last September we left it a bit late to book my return flight to UK (first time we didn't book return flights while in UK). Much time was wasted on laptop and in Internet Cafes trying to arrange something suitable without spending a fortune, with only one week left. The stress was enormous!
On the advice of our apartment manager, we then went to SKY travel agents at 9 Br. Miladinov St. Varna. They were very calm, patient and persistent, and in less than 20 minutes I had the boarding pass and itinerary ready to go.
Has anyone else used them, whether in an emergency or otherwise?
Our man says Bulgarians still use agents a lot; I can understand why! g
Back to top Go down
http://www.beachfront-apartment.co.uk
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: SKY Travel Agency, Varna   SKY Travel Agency, Varna Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:20 pm

Don't know them but they sound ok and if the Bulgarian's use them I should think they are fine. SKY Travel Agency, Varna 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: SKY Travel Agency, Varna   SKY Travel Agency, Varna Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:46 pm

You obviously seem pleased with them, 'or else you would be saying something different'

I did see it listed some time ago with the cost of coach travel from BG to the UK but can't remember any details now, but if anyone is on a really tight budget it's always another option.

Just slightly off topic, but for the last 3 years I have booked all my holidays through 'agents' and even when compared to the company I ended up flying with (usually Thomson, or Monarch) the cost's were much lower than booking with the flight company themselves.
Back to top Go down
bob
Junior user
Junior user
bob

PostSubject: Re: SKY Travel Agency, Varna   SKY Travel Agency, Varna Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 10:29 am

Thanks for the tip Phill T
Back to top Go down
hoseman
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: SKY Travel Agency, Varna   SKY Travel Agency, Varna Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 11:52 am

Interesting Phil, is that agents in the UK or in BG?
Back to top Go down
http://www.beachfront-apartment.co.uk
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: SKY Travel Agency, Varna   SKY Travel Agency, Varna Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 1:10 pm

Bookings being made from the UK, and mainly it's been with a company called 'Low Cost Holidays', but I just had the same experience when booking my next holiday in May with 'Travel Republic'

I get all the details I would want then go to the 'Carriers' website which as said earlier has mainly been with Thomson and the exact same holiday 'if listed' is a lot dearer, so basically it just goes to show how much commission 3rd part agents are on.

However, I should also be saying that with some of these agents getting used to their sneaky ways of getting you interested in what they have to offer can be a art in itself.
Fortunately as I am retired and without any commitments times, dates and restrictions are few.

1. Select your preferred date and venue.

2. Select a wide range of airports to depart from, (you cut the list down later once you have found what you want).

3. Select and check the prices on 'Alternative Dates' (take a note of the date for later) and never forget cheaper flights can mean dearer hotels, so the cheapest flight may not always be the best option.

4. If interested and there are any reference numbers then again keep a note of them

5. Quickly select which hotel you 'may or would be interested in' basically to then see how the price jumps up before spending too much time drooling over what the venue has to offer.
If as I have found on several occasions the price is 'STUPID' then go back and search either the week before or the week after.
One I was looking at last week was a saving of £1200 PP (yes, per person) just for flying 2 days later (but it was for dates during the Easter rush)

6. If there are any sliders that you can use to set min-max prices, then use that as it also saves a lot of time.

But the crucial thing is 'Reference numbers' then if needs be you can phone the company and they usually honour the price from the reference number, because the bad news is if you take too long searching the page usually times out and automatically says it's now fully booked which in most cases it is not, the problem is site seem to pre-book just for people looking on the off-chance you do book but then needs time to be able to reset back to normal.

Another little tip if you are trying to get seats together is if you get the option to see your allocated seats and they are not what you want, then hit the back button and try again, you will then get another selection with different allocated seats, again the system thinks the first selection has been taken so offers you a different selection, you can keep doing this as many times as you like until you either get the seats yo like or run out of options and still have to take what is offered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SKY Travel Agency, Varna   SKY Travel Agency, Varna Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SKY Travel Agency, Varna

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1