Super user
Super user
Equinus

Wildlife Art Empty
PostSubject: Wildlife Art   Wildlife Art Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi Everyone

After painting BGBazz's Rhodesian Ridgeback "
Bella"
and the builders being in, I have taken the opportunity to try my hand at painting local birds to broaden/develop my artistic skills further.

We have seen Hoopoe reguarly in the garden and along the lane to the house and so thought I would give it a go painting this beautiful bird first. In addition to this I am attempting to paint some semblance of a background, which I normally do not attempt or do with portraiture painting.

Steep learning curve comes to mind, but after two days painting I am beginning to feel the end result will be worthwhile.

[url=http:
//s673.
photobucket.
com/user/tosca100-dog/media/HoopoeDay2a_zpscd76a759.
jpg.
html:1dzfy74s][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url:1dzfy74s]

Regards

Dave
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Wildlife Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Art   Wildlife Art Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Nice one Dave ... excellent work. Is that acryllics?

(watercolour man myself)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Wildlife Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Art   Wildlife Art Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Chris wrote:
Nice one Dave ... excellent work. Is that acryllics?

(watercolour man myself)

Indeed it is Chris, have never got to grips with watercolours, used to do pen and ink drawings until the eyesight failed and then tried acrylics and stuck with them. Now with a little more time on my hands (especially the coming winter) will get more chance to paint.

Regards

Dave
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Wildlife Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Art   Wildlife Art Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Up to your usual standard of excellence Dave..very good indeed. g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Wildlife Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Art   Wildlife Art Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:15 pm

:Great:Just a reminder of of the painting Dave did for BGBazz's Rhodesian Ridgeback "
Bella"

Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Wildlife Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Art   Wildlife Art Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Bella..the one who almost kissed me to death tonight when I got home!!

The likeness is uncanny..Dave is a true artist, in my slightly biased opinion..

..and a real gentleman.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Wildlife Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Art   Wildlife Art Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Equinus wrote:
Hi Everyone

After painting BGBazz's Rhodesian Ridgeback "
Bella"
and the builders being in, I have taken the opportunity to try my hand at painting local birds to broaden/develop my artistic skills further.

We have seen Hoopoe reguarly in the garden and along the lane to the house and so thought I would give it a go painting this beautiful bird first. In addition to this I am attempting to paint some semblance of a background, which I normally do not attempt or do with portraiture painting.

Steep learning curve comes to mind, but after two days painting I am beginning to feel the end result will be worthwhile.

[url=http:
//s673.
photobucket.
com/user/tosca100-dog/media/HoopoeDay2a_zpscd76a759.
jpg.
html:2esn5ir9][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url:2esn5ir9]

Regards

Dave

Thanks for comments Chris, Bernie and Bazz - This is the finished article - decided not to fiddle around with it anymore after adding a little depth/detail to the head and back.

Next painting challenge a head study of my Shumen cockerel.

[url=http:
//s673.
photobucket.
com/user/tosca100-dog/media/Hoopoecompletewithcopyright_zpsccab65ea.
jpg.
html:2esn5ir9][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url:2esn5ir9]

Regards Dave
Back to top Go down
Kazbegi
Junior user
Junior user

Wildlife Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Art   Wildlife Art Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:00 pm

What a fantastic painting. I can't wait to see your next projects. Wildlife Art 2706089290
Back to top Go down
BGBound
Senior user
Senior user

Wildlife Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Art   Wildlife Art Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 6:56 am

Wonderful painting Dave . . I'm a keen birdwatcher and you've captured the hoopoe . . an elegant bird perfectly. You're lucky to have one so close at hand , our most exotic so far is a lesser spotted woodpecker . Keep up the excellent work ,I look forward to seeing your future projects. David Wildlife Art 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

Wildlife Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Art   Wildlife Art Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:56 pm

Absolutely beautiful, I take my hat off to anyone who can paint like this. Unfortunately I can't even draw a straight line! Wildlife Art 927475117
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wildlife Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Art   Wildlife Art Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wildlife Art

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-