View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Got this from my lawyer so I have added it here

Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria

According to Local Taxes and Fees of Bulgaria every owner of a dog in Bulgaria has to pay annual fee for ownership of this dog.
This rule concern not only Bulgarian owners but also those EU citizens who permanently live in Bulgaria.

In order to pay this fee the owner has to notify the Municipality by submitting of the declaration within three months period after acquisition of the dog as those owners who had acquired their dogs before 1st of January 2013 should check in the Municipality whether it is not required the declaration to be re-submitted (for example, the Municipality of Varna has such requirement and dog owners in Varna could not pay the annual fee until submitting of new declarations).

This annual fee is paid to the Municipality where the owner is registered as the fee is not due by the owners of:

dogs of disabled persons;

working dogs with public-financed organizations;

dogs used for experimental purposes;

dogs used by the Bulgarian Red Cross;

castrated dogs;

hunting dogs.

The fee should be paid each year before 31st of March or within one month after the date of acquisition of the dog if the dog was acquired after 31st of March.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
justbazz1

Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:50 pm

Confusing, yes..dense, no! My vet provided a 'health card' for my Ridgeback which records all her shots and health history and as he also is a supplier/wholesaler of animal medicines, I purchase whatever I need from him and he stamps her card whenever it's needed. Because she is registered within the city of Plovdiv, the fee is 50 leva, however, if I were to register her here in the village it would be about 18 leva per year. She is micro chipped, has an ear tattoo and is worth a gazillion pounds to me......trouble is, she has no idea that she is actually a dog! She sees herself as a four-legged person.
Back to top Go down

Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2