View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:17 am

Got this from my lawyer so I have added it here

Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria

According to Local Taxes and Fees of Bulgaria every owner of a dog in Bulgaria has to pay annual fee for ownership of this dog.
This rule concern not only Bulgarian owners but also those EU citizens who permanently live in Bulgaria.

In order to pay this fee the owner has to notify the Municipality by submitting of the declaration within three months period after acquisition of the dog as those owners who had acquired their dogs before 1st of January 2013 should check in the Municipality whether it is not required the declaration to be re-submitted (for example, the Municipality of Varna has such requirement and dog owners in Varna could not pay the annual fee until submitting of new declarations).

This annual fee is paid to the Municipality where the owner is registered as the fee is not due by the owners of:

dogs of disabled persons;

working dogs with public-financed organizations;

dogs used for experimental purposes;

dogs used by the Bulgarian Red Cross;

castrated dogs;

hunting dogs.

The fee should be paid each year before 31st of March or within one month after the date of acquisition of the dog if the dog was acquired after 31st of March.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:02 am

Hmmm....does "
castrated"
mean just male dogs or spayed females too I wonder? I'm all for some kind of tax to promote responsible ownership, if that is what this is, though how that would be policed I don't know. On the other hand I don't want to give money away to register two spayed bitches who will never add to the burden of unwanted pups, due to a very expensive operation.

On the other hand.....I would rather pay an unwarrented tax than give my dogs a yellow plastic earring!!!!!

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:32 am

Equinus wrote:
On the other hand.....I would rather pay an unwarrented tax than give my dogs a yellow plastic earring!!!!!

Mrs Eq

I believe that if you haven't paid the tax when warranted, the owner has to wear the plastic earing!!!

Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria 1865348797 Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria 1865348797 Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:03 am

Here in Bulgaria, "
castration"
covers both male and female.
We had Lizzie, our two year old giant schnauzer done last week.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:26 am

Scunnered wrote:
Here in Bulgaria, "
castration"
covers both male and female.
We had Lizzie, our two year old giant schnauzer done last week.

Thanks for that. The girls will be disappointed as I was going to try for pink with bling! Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria 1865348797

Seriously though, it is a shame that a lot of the older Bulgarians think it is unkind to castrate/spay when there is a service in place for freebies. At least there is some initiative towards stopping unwanted pups, a start at least.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:35 am

Had both of mine done in the uk. how much is a licence for curiosity. s
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:35 pm

when we brought the twins back from Portugal last year we went to register them as they were to young to be spayed and we were told 3 lev each but as we were going to have them done the same as our other dogs then not to bother paying.
The boys and girls are all spayed so no pups here either Pleased to say we don't have the stray problem here either and most places are so much better now then years ago.
The tag system seems to be working well and people do seem to be more aware of their animals now. I guess there are problems in some areas still but it is getting better.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:07 pm

Totally agree with you ..it is getting better. Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria 3356871870
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:59 pm

starlite wrote:
Had both of mine done in the uk. how much is a licence for curiosity. s

in my area , if they have been "
done and chipped "
its now free as long as you can show their passport.....back when this came out in 2007 ,it cost 20lv the first year .. 5 lv the next year ..and free since !!!
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 6:49 pm

chrissybg wrote:
when we brought the twins back from Portugal last year we went to register them as they were to young to be spayed and we were told 3 lev each but as we were going to have them done the same as our other dogs then not to bother paying.
The boys and girls are all spayed so no pups here either Pleased to say we don't have the stray problem here either and most places are so much better now then years ago.
The tag system seems to be working well and people do seem to be more aware of their animals now. I guess there are problems in some areas still but it is getting better.

I agree as well, all about owning a dog is to be a responsible owner.
Back to top Go down
expatinchina
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:21 pm

What a great move - promote responsible ownership and tax breeders! g
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:33 am

i've got three that are neutered. Do i now need a liscence or should i get them a passport? Our village is over run with strays and unregistered dogs, so its noth something i've thought about. Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria 794030042
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:08 pm

your dogs should be going to the vets for rabies every year and other injections to ward off parasites. they should be wormed and they should have some thing like frontline each month This is all for their protection.
If you have all that recorded on a vetenary card then it is fine stay with that if not get the vet to fill out one so the dogs have health records. If you think you may travel with your dogs then get a passport all medications injections etc will be recorded in that and the dog will get a chip number injected in to it The animals are registered by the vet.
We had a labradore that was bitten we think by a gnat definately no ticks or fleas. Her internal organs all closed down it was a terrible thing to see i wouldn't like to see any of you go through that. This happened although our dogs are as protected as much as they can be so they have 6 monthly blood tests now to check to see if they have been bitten
all the best Chrissy
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Angel, a little visit to the vet will sort all that for you. Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria 3356871870 Chrissy
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:25 pm

we do give the dogs all the above treatments suggested. However as I have bred dogs for many years we get the supplies from the vetenary supply shop and do it ourself rather than taking them to the vet. So i do have records, serial numbers of wormers etc. I have one dog with a passport which i brought to bulgaria but the other three were born here and i have no intention of taking them out of bulgaria so i havent got them a passport. So what i wanted to know is should i be getting them a passport anyway to be covered by the dog tax thing? im sure im being dense but get very confused by the rules. Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria 794030042
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria   Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annual fee for ownership of a dog in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next