View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

People have been eating horse meat for years, perhaps not even knowing it. We have not heard of any death's as a result
There is one restaurant in Calais that sell nothing but horse meat meals and advertises such
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:05 am

...as long as you don't end up with the trots!
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:52 am

varnagirl wrote:
I had a beefburger in Tesco,s the other day....when the waitress asked if i wanted anything on it
I replied ..yes £5 each way .....!

I had one and ended up with a nagging belly ache!!!
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Just adding my 50p worth. I have no problem with horsemeat that has been bred specifically for the purpose, same as any other animal. As long as it it kept in good conditions, humainly killed and the product is labled, so you have a choice. However the problem is horsemeat dealers buy the horses from private owners and auction houses predominantly and domestic horses are often treated with vet products such as bute which stay in the system for a very long time and are dangerous to humans. You are not supposed to be allowed to send a horse for slaughter if the have been treated by the vet. But how would anyone know if the horses are being passed between dealers before going to slaughter. Horse meat dealers are the most dubious people i have ever had the misfortune to meet. Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 12:32 pm

beautifulangel wrote:
Just adding my 50p worth. I have no problem with horsemeat that has been bred specifically for the purpose, same as any other animal. As long as it it kept in good conditions, humainly killed and the product is labled, so you have a choice. However the problem is horsemeat dealers buy the horses from private owners and auction houses predominantly and domestic horses are often treated with vet products such as bute which stay in the system for a very long time and are dangerous to humans. You are not supposed to be allowed to send a horse for slaughter if the have been treated by the vet. But how would anyone know if the horses are being passed between dealers before going to slaughter. Horse meat dealers are the most dubious people i have ever had the misfortune to meet. Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 794030042

I think it has been a known fact for years that horse's that have died or been slaughtered for various reasons have finished in tins of dog meat, but now we find that horse meat has in the past finished in our bellies. I have probably eaten horse meat in France and not known it, apart from the fact it was tough and chewy Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 3671290933 Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 1231724242
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 12:41 pm

willowsend wrote:
beautifulangel wrote:

I think it has been a known fact for years that horse's that have died or been slaughtered for various reasons have finished in tins of dog meat, but now we find that horse meat has in the past finished in our bellies. I have probably eaten horse meat in France and not known it, apart from the fact it was tough and chewy Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 3671290933 Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 1231724242

You may be surprised to know that even dog meat sold in tins has to be fit for human consumption. Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Equinus wrote:
varnagirl wrote:
I had a beefburger in Tesco,s the other day....when the waitress asked if i wanted anything on it

Hope you're "
stable"
now! Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 1865348797
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Scunnered wrote:
Equinus wrote:
varnagirl wrote:

Hope you're "
stable"
now! Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 1865348797
and not got the back door trots Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 2706089290
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Well because of all this scandal about horsemeat, I went to check on the burgers in the freezer and guess what??? THE'RE OFF!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist it!!!
Ray Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 5:03 pm

Remember to leave the stable door open..in case you have to bolt!
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:50 pm

:Clap:just had to say how we have enjoyed the last few post Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 570106603
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:40 pm

chrissybg wrote:
Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 2706089290 just had to say how we have enjoyed the last few post Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 570106603

That is what this forum is all about, A serious problem but a light-hearted approach and a few laughs
g
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:56 am

Just hope there no traces of seahorse found in fish fingers! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 6:36 am

They might be hiding in fish fingers...findus if you can!
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 6:47 am

Ithink its time to rein this in, otherwise we could be saddled with this sub :Headbang:ject for a while.
Ray
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 6:53 am

Damn!..pipped at the post. :Girl Nuke:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat scandal   Horsemeat scandal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horsemeat scandal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next