View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:18 am

Some of you may have heard of Filmon.com but for those who havn't and have a decent internet connection then this could be for you!Filmon.com will allow you for FREE to watch all the UK channels on the net! There are film channels there where some are FREE and others you have to subscribe to financialy.I came across this site accidently whilst surfing the web and havn't heard this mentioned at all by anyone.For those Winter months of being indoors I think this will site will relieve the boredom allowing you to watch telly as you would in the UK. I am now looking at hooking up my PC to my Tv wirelessly so I havn't got a cable running across my living room from the PC to the TV. g:
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:58 am

Well - That is strange - I stopped watching filmon as I could not get it on full screen on my laptop!!! Now works just fine.

Would be interested to hear how you sort out a wireless connection from your laptop to your TV.At the moment I put everything on a media player to play on the TV, not a huge hardship but if there is an easier way.......!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:12 am

I have had a quick look and you can buy a transmitter reciever which does this.It plugs into your PC USB port and then a reciever into your TV. The only thing that seems a little testing lis adjusting your PC video card to handle both VGA( monitor) out put and TV out put, but as I said it was just a quick look so I will let you know once I have got a handle on it.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:37 pm

No working for me. Says trial period finished doh
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Tony - I just kept being told I had to subscribe, I was trying to watch the olympics. A page of charges and payment options used to flash up after about 2 minutes viewing.

Went back there today and watched with no problems. Maybe try again in a few days!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Esta wrote:
Tony - I just kept being told I had to subscribe, I was trying to watch the olympics. A page of charges and payment options used to flash up after about 2 minutes viewing.

Went back there today and watched with no problems. Maybe try again in a few days!!

First time I've tried to use it for over a year. But maybe your right but then again I might pay for it can't take the stuff with me when I go Filmon.com 1865348797 Filmon.com 1865348797 Filmon.com 1865348797
Back to top Go down
ABC Property Surveyors.BG
Senior user
Senior user

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Wireless connection-E-Bay item:390433299871

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 26_rdc%3D1
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:55 am

For those who find that you are getting the box that appears in front of the screen and ask for you to "
Subscribe"
it is because you have been watching it in HD.If you look at the top right hand corner of the screen it says SD(FREE) HD has the subscription charge.If you have it on HD if you scroll down you will see "
View"
and a count down aais in place of the time you have left.In SD it still has "
View"
but no count down because it is FREE!
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:50 pm

can you record as well as watching live for free. g
Back to top Go down
Tiabuf

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:04 am

speedgunner wrote:
For those who find that you are getting the box that appears in front of the screen and ask for you to "
Subscribe"
it is because you have been watching it in HD.If you look at the top right hand corner of the screen it says SD(FREE) HD has the subscription charge.If you have it on HD if you scroll down you will see "
View"
and a count down aais in place of the time you have left.In SD it still has "
View"
but no count down because it is FREE!

Not necessarily I had problems too at the start of the Olympics and I was using "
SD"
version I had also registered but it would have none of it. A few days ago I tried again and all was well again. my other problems was that when I previously got the free edition it was always freezing, so I am waiting to see how it goes. I will subscribe if the picture &
quality remain as good as it is now g
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:06 am

To be a bit provocative - why turn to the media to relieve boredom? If one absolutely can't find anything useful and productive to do, why not try writing? Everyone surely has had experiences others would find interesting - you write on this forum - so why not have a go at some anecdotes, memoirs, short stories, poems, 'how to' (and how not to!) articles, recipes, jokes, anything that uses your mind and keeps it flexible. You know what they say, use it or lose it! Instead of watching a film, try writing a screenplay instead, you just might have some unexpected fun! Nobody says it has to be fit for publication, but there again you might surprise yourself and find it is! If none of that lights your candle, why not start a winter season newsletter covering one of your particular interests, that others can share and contribute to. It's always better to be active than passive, mentally as well as physicaly, don't you think? The concept of being entertained seems to have over-ridden a lot of our natural creativity, which is sad.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:15 am

To a certain dergree, I agree with you fruitlover, however, not everyone uses television for entertainment. Many of us use it to keep informed about things that are happening around the world.
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:13 am

Yes indeed TV has it's uses, and I bet you are one of those who does keep your mind active and are not watching to relieve boredom! They say only the boring suffer boredom don't they? (Yes I did start out saying I was being provocative!)
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:35 am

I don't find time to be bored..I rise most mornings around six and whilst having coffee, I check out news sites from around the world, emails etc, before starting work. Sometimes I'm working inside and keep some music or a talk show on during the day..today I'm painting inside, so I can check the forum every so often, but it's normally 6.30 or 7.00pm before I get to sit and relax.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:56 am

fruitlover wrote:
Yes indeed TV has it's uses, and I bet you are one of those who does keep your mind active and are not watching to relieve boredom! They say only the boring suffer boredom don't they? (Yes I did start out saying I was being provocative!)

:Great:Thats more like it more debate [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Filmon.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmon.com   Filmon.com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Filmon.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next