House Finished and Life in General.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darrell
Junior user
Junior user

House Finished and Life in General. Empty
PostSubject: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:32 am

Hello All

Its Darrell, sorry we have not been on here much entering into debates etc but we do keep a close eye on all topics, the reason really for us not being on here is that we have been on the last big push to finish the house of completely.

I have been going back to the UK every year for the last 3 years to do 3 months work, all of this money then goes into the house, as I am lucky enough to be getting an Army pension each month.

I have also taken back with me each year 5 lads from the village to work, this has changed their lives and has helped us to fit into the village even more than normal.

It has allowed them to buy and do things for their families that normally would have taken a long time to save for.

Life is very good for us at the moment and I hope it will continue for a long time, things can be good here in Bulgaria, and you can achieve a lot as long as you do your home work, and are prepared to try and fit in.

I would like to try and put some photos on here of the finished house, if someone could help me do that I would be very grateful, as I stood back and looked at the house and barn today and felt a small tinge of satisfaction and would just like to share this with some of the members if that would be okay.

Darrell
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:41 am

Hi Darrell

Many thanks for the update.

If you send your photos by e-mail to me or Ashley (Admin), then we can add them here for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:51 am

House Finished and Life in General. 3356871870 Well done, that man! Looking forward to seeing your photos.

House Finished and Life in General. 2581928987
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:28 am

Darrell wrote:
Hello All

Its Darrell, sorry we have not been on here much entering into debates etc but we do keep a close eye on all topics, the reason really for us not being on here is that we have been on the last big push to finish the house of completely.

I have been going back to the UK every year for the last 3 years to do 3 months work, all of this money then goes into the house, as I am lucky enough to be getting an Army pension each month.

I have also taken back with me each year 5 lads from the village to work, this has changed their lives and has helped us to fit into the village even more than normal.

It has allowed them to buy and do things for their families that normally would have taken a long time to save for.

Life is very good for us at the moment and I hope it will continue for a long time, things can be good here in Bulgaria, and you can achieve a lot as long as you do your home work, and are prepared to try and fit in.

I would like to try and put some photos on here of the finished house, if someone could help me do that I would be very grateful, as I stood back and looked at the house and barn today and felt a small tinge of satisfaction and would just like to share this with some of the members if that would be okay.

Darrell

Congratulations on finishing your house Darrell. We are half way though what you have done and still battling at it every day whilst the weather allows us the privilege of working on the house before the cold weather sets in. You name it and we have done it or it is on the exhaustive list to get done. We arrived here at the end of February and have been working on the house ever since, with short breaks here and there, it will make my day as well to look at the house when it is finished with a lot of satisfaction. Your five lads must have had a shock when they first went to the UK and I am sure it has changed their lives, well done.

House Finished and Life in General. 570106603 House Finished and Life in General. 570106603
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:31 pm

:Good post:Darrell and bravo!
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Sounds great, looking forward to photos.

And it is great that you can help others in the village . Well done you. House Finished and Life in General. 2706089290
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Hey Darrell

Good to have you back and well done on finishing the house like everyone else we are looking forward to seeing the photos. Also excellent work with the 5 boys I bet that has really made a huge difference to their lives. How did you go about that, is there much paperwork involved etc as this might be something I could investigate for the older children at the orphanage when you get a moment would you pm the details to me please g Thanks

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Darrell
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:34 am

No problem, will PM you today at some point.

Darrell
Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:44 pm

Congratulations Darrell and well done can't wait to see the photographs. g
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:06 pm

Don't know you got on with the Bulgarian paint Darrell, but in my experience of painting oodles of windows OH, FOR SOME DULUX GLOSS PAINT. Had managed to get some Dulux when I started the windows, but soon ran out and so did Praktiker and I had to use some Bulgarian gloss paint, but a poor substitute!! Shame.
Back to top Go down
Darrell
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Hope these come out, we have only a few small jobs to do, hope you like the end product as much as we do.

Darrell and Carol
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:45 pm

Looks very nice..you've done a great job.

House Finished and Life in General. 3367882216
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Well done both of you, no words can describe your wonderful achievement. There is a lot to be said for DIY and self satisfaction
:Thank you:for sharing your photo's with us
:Ch:and :Good luck:in the future
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:23 pm

Looks lovely, well done you. House Finished and Life in General. 2706089290
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:27 pm

It's nice to see the fruits of your own work well done House Finished and Life in General. 570106603 I like what you have done with your property it really looks great. House Finished and Life in General. 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House Finished and Life in General.   House Finished and Life in General. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House Finished and Life in General.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next