altText
altText

Balchik Airport Construction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
drings

Balchik Airport Construction Empty
PostSubject: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 1:03 pm

Can anyone provide an update on the construction project - if you are there can you see cranes and scaffolding or just more of nothing.
What is the timescale for it being operational? It was supposed to be Summer 2012 well not long to go then.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 1:38 pm

the airport was supposed to recieve its first passengers on 3 may. balchik airport can only recieve small airplanes at the moment, it is far from ready for large commercial planes.
i can find very little information about this airport and i live very near to balchik. c

here is an article....[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... rport.html
Back to top Go down
drings

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 7:09 am

What can you actually see when you drive by it
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 11:29 am

i have seen no changes in 5 years, an old plane sits at the entrance and it all looks shut to me. i have seen a radio mast go up recently in a village close to balchik, i assume that will be for the airport. i think it will be years away from being an international airport, the small planes will keep coming as they always have done. g
Back to top Go down
drings

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:40 pm

But this goes against all the news items that appeared last Autumn that the airport would be recieving 390m BGN of funding and would be up and running for tourists by Summer 2012.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also the story that Sofia airport and Balchik airport would run a twin concession.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... n-official

Are you saying all these stories were untrue - is it all lies? Surely there must be some truth maybe there's a delay but I am shocked to hear that nothing at alll is happening there.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:53 pm

this is bulgaria, i cant say whats true and what nots true. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i believe it was 30 million lev for balchik and that went to 40 million. i just dont think they have spent that money yet.

i wish i had the answer because an aiport in balchik would be so handy for me. g

go online and see if you can book a flight . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Talking to a Travel Agent in Varna on my last visit, I asked the same question about the progress of Balchik International Airport, she replied
It won't happen in my lifetime, and she is only in her thirties. Even if Balchik did become an International Airport where are all the paying customes going to come from. Again on my last visit to Varna just one airplane on the runway and that was the one I was on, the place was deserted and the plane was not full
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
cowshed-sarah

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Agree with willow on this, the last I was told by a Bulgarian friend is that they don't have the funds and its now on the back burner.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:26 pm

cowshed-sarah wrote:
Agree with willow on this, the last I was told by a Bulgarian friend is that they don't have the funds and its now on the back burner.

hoo , I beg to disagree
they do (did ) have the funds but its gone in the back pockets !!
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:52 pm

No, really, Balchik Airport Construction 1865348797 Balchik Airport Construction 1865348797 Balchik Airport Construction 570106603
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
cowshed-sarah

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Balchik Airport Construction 3135333095 Balchik Airport Construction 3135333095 Surely not Balchik Airport Construction 1865348797
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:02 pm

varnagirl wrote:
cowshed-sarah wrote:

hoo , I beg to disagree
they do (did ) have the funds but its gone in the back pockets !!

Someone has got very very [size=150:1sjqtobp]big back pockets Balchik Airport Construction 2381841692
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:25 pm

No going to Balchik for a flight this year then!!

s s
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 2:23 pm

I think it will be sometime before there is an operating airport in Balchik, its either lack of funds or they have spent the funds on their big cars and other expensive items the government seem to have Balchik Airport Construction 2345823347
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:32 pm

They need those big cars to carry away all that money silly! Balchik Airport Construction 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balchik Airport Construction   Balchik Airport Construction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balchik Airport Construction

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next