altText
altText

Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scunnered
Scunnered

Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it! Empty
PostSubject: Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it!   Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:45 pm

We decided it was time that our sheep Penka had a haircut. Never having had a sheep before, or sheared one,
we asked our neighbour if he would do the honours. Another neighbour offered us her very rusty looking shears, but
we declined politely! We knew that it wouldn't be done with electric shears, but we expected hand held ones.
So our neighbour turned up with his wife this evening, just after the shepherd had delivered Penka to our gate.
Imagine our surprise when, after tying Penka's legs together and turning her over, they produced a pair of ordinary
kitchen scissors each! They duly snipped away at her fleece, and in about 15 mins Penka was bald!
The cost of this was the princely sum of 4 leva. What a bargain, and what lovely neighbours! Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it! 1536469901
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it!   Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Ah how lovely: just like going to the hairdresser really only two hairdresser doing the job and what a price. g Fab! Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it! 1536469901
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it!   Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:18 pm

bet she looks lovely with her new hair do! i had a race with my neighbour to see which one of us could clip his sheep fastest. Me with my electric horse clippers and him with his rusty hand held shears. I'd have to say mine were neater and the fleece useable as it was in one piece but he was only seconds behind. just shows the old ways are often just as good. s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it!   Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:03 pm

beautifulangel wrote:
bet she looks lovely with her new hair do! i had a race with my neighbour to see which one of us could clip his sheep fastest. Me with my electric horse clippers and him with his rusty hand held shears. I'd have to say mine were neater and the fleece useable as it was in one piece but he was only seconds behind. just shows the old ways are often just as good. s

Ok enough lets get a photo on here of Penka's new look. Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it! 2581928987
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it!   Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:31 pm

oddball wrote:
beautifulangel wrote:

Ok enough lets get a photo on here of Penka's new look. Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it! 2581928987
good plan oddball! i'd love to see a photo g
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it!   Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sheep Shearing, but not as you know it!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1