altText

The choir trip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

The choir trip Empty
PostSubject: The choir trip   The choir trip Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Today was another village choir trip. Not so unusual you might think as I have mentioned my involvement before. However this was slightly different as we went in a comfy bus to Polski Trambesh which is an hours drive from our village. When I arrived in our village square at 9am where we all gathered as usual,I was surprised to see a real bus drive up. Wondering why when there are only 11 of us it soon became clear that we were travelling with 3 neighbouring village choirs. How nice to have so much company and how friendly everyone was. Lots of chatter and noise but we were all so comfy. Normally we travel in the village transit van which smells of petrol and has threatened to break down! On arriving at Polski Trambesh the first stop was to seek out the loo in the Utilishte (Community Hall). These places are so Communistic being large, cold and dreary especially on a drizzly morning. True to form, the loos were just a hole in the ground which is not a problem for me now but there was no running water and the floor was still wet from a recent mop up.
Back downstairs I watched some of the other choir performances before being summoned to another room to change and rehearse with the other two choirs. I am chief photographer so pics had to be taken to put on our village computer. Then we trooped backstage waiting our turn to sing. There is always a lot of pushing and shoving as various organising ladies find reasons to go in and out. I have no idea why they have to do this but never mind. I seem to be the only one to find this annoying and people are still chattering away before our turn to sing.
Finally, we go on stage and sing our 3 songs. I look out into the audience feeling very embarrased because I need the words in front of me for confidence although I can manage the slower songs without. Usually I am announced as the 'speciality' Anglichanka and get a round of applause but not today for which I am thankful. I really do not wish to be the 'specialty' but at least I am not required to sing my solo. I honestly only do this as a contribution to our village life because I still get very nervous even after 5 years of Prazniks. I do take my contribution very seriously.
However, my ladies always encourage me and I do get immersed in Bulgarian life and culture through the choir. My ladies are all so friendly that I cannot leave the choir.
After all 3 choirs have sung we all go out into the sunshine (its stopped raining for a bit!) and off we go for coffees and ice-creams. This is the first festival I have been to where we weren't provided with a 'bun and juice'. There was a sweet booth outside and we bought some sweets to keep us going and then went to cafes for coffee and ice-creams. I don't think many of us took any money for more.
Finally we all troop back to the bus but its not over yet because on the way home we stopped at a wonderful garden centre. Only small but it was full of pots of flowers, ceramic containers of every type and lots of garden gnomes, animals and sweet little ducklings and hedgehogs. Some of the ladies bought hanging basket pots but my garden has enough flowers and I had no more money!
Finally got back on the bus and so home, driving into pouring rain and dropping off the other 2 choirs in their villages on the way. Our bus driver dropped me off at our lane which was great only to find that my hero had walked up to the square with an umbrella! However, he was soon told where I was and when he arrived home I was already out of costume and into my more usual dress code of jeans and T-shirt. My dog was happy to see me back and knows not to jump up when I am in costume!
So ends another outing and in spite of my nerves and occasional annoyances, I always end up enjoying myself seeing more of Bulgaria and maybe making some pensioners have a happy day. s s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

The choir trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: The choir trip   The choir trip Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:10 pm

The choir trip 2706089290 Fantastic Oldun what a treat, way to go The choir trip 1536469901 - truly delighted for you all. g

Oddy The choir trip 2706089290
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

The choir trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: The choir trip   The choir trip Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Nice story oldun and well done. You certainly live life to the full. Do you sing in English or Bulgarian The choir trip 1536469901
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

The choir trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: The choir trip   The choir trip Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:36 am

Bulgarian of course Willow! Hence the nerves, although I can read fluently I don't understand everything although I think I am slowly improving. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

The choir trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: The choir trip   The choir trip Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:08 am

Another great story from you oldun and well done to you. So long as you can sing I don't think it matter if you don't understand it . It's the taking part that counts and you certainly do that in Bg. The choir trip 2706089290
Back to top Go down
vulcho
Anonymous

The choir trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: The choir trip   The choir trip Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:52 pm

The choir trip 3356871870 The choir trip 2706089290 The choir trip 2706089290 The choir trip 2706089290
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The choir trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: The choir trip   The choir trip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The choir trip

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1