View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can I invite the members of the forum to have a debate and post their views on the Scottish Independence issues

There are many topic's involved in a debate of this nature
Example's, Would Scotland have to join the EU if they went Independent
Which currency would they use
Would there be a border between the two countries
Would passport have to be shown when entering or leaving the country
Does it mean that there's no longer a British passport, in my case would it be English and in my wife's case be Scottish
What would happen to the people who live and work near to where the border might be
An English and Scottish married couple have children, which nationality would the children have

On a personal note, my wife is a Scottish lassie, if Scotland get's Independence does that mean that I am married to a foreigner

There are a few to go on with
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... s-16779891 Could this be another storm in a "
Tea"
Cup Scotlands Independence - Page 7 1865348797
T

Last edited by 178 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Here is an interesting article on Scotland's Independence
I question I would like answered is, Should 16 year old's be asked (allowed ) to vote
Can I ask more members to vote Yes or No so it can be updated T

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... rsyth.html
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 3:05 pm

This information has just been broadcast and it makes very interesting reading Scotlands Independence - Page 7 1675110159
16 year old's allowed to vote. Did I hear this right, Scots living abroad will be allowed to vote, but Scots living in England and Wales will not be allowed to vote
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... s-25070576

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... s-20546497
Back to top Go down
BGIan
Junior user
Junior user
BGIan

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 6:13 pm

ALLOWED????? By who?
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 9:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... s-25088251
Scottish referendum 670 page white paper is out this afternoon c
Some members might ask, why do I keep posting on Scotland's future when I am English
The answer is that I am happily married to a Scottish lassie for the last 47 years so I have an interest in her and her Country,
also our children's children who are of course half English and half Scottish Scotlands Independence - Page 7 1536469901
Back to top Go down
BGIan
Junior user
Junior user
BGIan

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 10:23 am

Can you answer my question please! Why write *allowed*?
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 10:40 am

BGIan wrote:
Can you answer my question please! Why write *allowed*?
"
allowed"
is another word for authorisation, to admit as legal, or acceptable, or to permit and sanction

[size=150:kkj6l04q]Scottish culture

He said: "
Expatriates who have lived in the country for the last 15 years are entitled to vote in British general elections and Scottish Assembly elections and I believe it should be exactly the same for the referendum.

"
I think anybody who is entitled to hold a Scottish passport under the Scottish National Party's (SNP) regime should be allowed to vote."

Not my words but that of the SNP Scotlands Independence - Page 7 1536469901

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... e-20122435
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 1:09 pm

I do think that Alex is full of the soft stuff and really hasn't got a clue, I also think that if he does succeed then the scots are in for a very rough ride.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 1:13 pm

therowfamily wrote:
I do think that Alex is full of the soft stuff and really hasn't got a clue, I also think that if he does succeed then the scots are in for a very rough ride.

I think Alex is like a fish (salmon) out of water Scotlands Independence - Page 7 1865348797
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 1:19 pm

I think you right willow, if he's looking for notoriety ? then he will get it as the first minister to destroy Scotland.
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 1:21 pm

Doesn't a Salmon eventually destroy itself [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 1:44 pm

source ... 9120277460
It's tough getting to the top of the ladder Mr Salmond
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

willowsend wrote:
source=images&
cd=&
docid=Uo5jAe6sbQmzKM&
tbnid=9EWcRTE8thbuKM:&
ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&
url=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2F5%2F58%2FPitlochry_Fish-ladder.JPG&
ei=cJqYUuz_DaWp7AaTvoDICQ&
psig=AFQjCNF5lXkQCj106C5KF8KBuhaM2kHeBg&
ust=1385819120277460
It's tough getting to the top of the ladder Mr Salmond

Willow is this the right link? it send us to a photograph
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 2:01 pm

This is where the link takes you to

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ladder.JPG

Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 2:20 pm

It was my wife's birthday this week and being Scottish she wanted to return to her birth place so we have had a few day's in her homeland to celebrate. During our stay we traveled around a bit and some of the major places we visited were Dunblane, Stirling, St Andrews, Dundee Pitlochry and where we stayed in Perth g
I have brought this topic to life again as on our travels we had many interesting conversations regarding the September YES/NO vote and 90% of the Scots we spoke to are definitely not wanting Independence and comments made like Salmond must be mad and what the hell was he thinking of to ask 16 year old school children to vote. Me being English and in their country I could perhaps have be confronted with some hostility but I am please to say NONE whatsoever :Scotlands Independence - Page 7 1931734156: other than
The only place we found a comment in favour was at a small town called Crieff where we went in a small cafe for a coffee and sandwich. I asked the lady owner what her view was and she replied, of course we want Independence, why should we have to put up with you English dictating to our country. My wife asked her, why is it, me being born and bread in Scotland and living in England I can't vote, her reply was, well you shouldn't have gone to b***dy England then should you, so we left quickly as my wife was quite hurt by that response Scotlands Independence - Page 7 2079180590
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 2:30 pm

willowsend wrote:
It was my wife's birthday this week and being Scottish she wanted to return to her birth place so we have had a few day's in her homeland to celebrate. During our stay we traveled around a bit and some of the major places we visited were Dunblane, Stirling, St Andrews, Dundee Pitlochry and where we stayed in Perth g
I have brought this topic to life again as on our travels we had many interesting conversations regarding the September YES/NO vote and 90% of the Scots we spoke to are definitely not wanting Independence and comments made like Salmond must be mad and what the hell was he thinking of to ask 16 year old school children to vote. Me being English and in their country I could perhaps have be confronted with some hostility but I am please to say NONE whatsoever :Scotlands Independence - Page 7 1931734156: other than
The only place we found a comment in favour was at a small town called Crieff where we went in a small cafe for a coffee and sandwich. I asked the lady owner what her view was and she replied, of course we want Independence, why should we have to put up with you English dictating to our country. My wife asked her, why is it, me being born and bread in Scotland and living in England I can't vote, her reply was, well you shouldn't have gone to b***dy England then should you, so we left quickly as my wife was quite hurt by that response Scotlands Independence - Page 7 2079180590

Fab!! please wish Mrs Willow a very happy birthday from all of us [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. If you manage to get anywhere near Oban do drop in and see the Dunn's Bruce lovely chap, they own the Palace Hotel there 20 George Street, Oban PA34 5SB [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They are also sponsors of the Silistra Orphanage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scotlands Independence   Scotlands Independence - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scotlands Independence

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-