altText

Projects for 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:18 am

First topic message reminder :

s s

Our projects for 2012 are for the Dimcho

1)  A tall order I know, but we will try to send the children of the Dimcho on an activity holiday  within Bulgaria - So if you can help or have any ideas or recommendations please get in touch.

Projects for 2012 - Page 2 1536469901 Projects for 2012 - Page 2 1675110159

2) The Baby Orphanage/Medical Home need a new building. They have permission to build but need materials and labour. This is a massive project and I am not sure we can help but you never know God is good. So once again if you can help or have any ideas do please let me  know g  Projects for 2012 - Page 2 1069384364 :Projects for 2012 - Page 2 1931734156:

T T

Berni & Dougie xx
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:11 pm

stephen wrote:
This is good news in this day and age of people having no money. I have to say that the generosity show here is fantastic and I wish you all the very best for the holiday.

:Thank you:Stephen believe me it's no easy task trying to get help. Projects for 2012 - Page 2 1675110159 Yes the forum banner supporters here are great and support us each year which is a great help towards the transport costs. I write 1000' of letter and email and also get 1000's of rejections but then when you think there is no hope, someone come along like the Hotel Delta and just makes my day s It makes all the hard work well worth it. Projects for 2012 - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Congratulations Berni. I can imagine at times it must be like getting blood from a stone and you must at time get a little disheartened which would be no surprise to anyone considering all you do. I'm surprised you have anytime left for yourself and your family who must be absolute stars to put up with all the time and effort you put into all these projects. Well done to you and If I were the Queen I would reward you with a Knighthood. Projects for 2012 - Page 2 570106603 Projects for 2012 - Page 2 570106603
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Andy wrote:
Congratulations Berni. I can imagine at times it must be like getting blood from a stone and you must at time get a little disheartened which would be no surprise to anyone considering all you do. I'm surprised you have anytime left for yourself and your family who must be absolute stars to put up with all the time and effort you put into all these projects. Well done to you and If I were the Queen I would reward you with a Knighthood. Projects for 2012 - Page 2 570106603 Projects for 2012 - Page 2 570106603

Ah bless you Andy thanks a million for your lovely comments: When we look back and see the photos of how the orphanage was we are just overjoyed at our achievements during the past 4 years. The dark dreary dungeon has become a bright colorful castle for the children in Silistra, we still have a long way to go but the children are safe and comfortable and have decent clothing and toys etc. We can only take small steps at a time. Maybe next year we can look at providing laptops for them, who know what will happen - We have exceeded all our expectations so far with the donated holiday for Delta Beach Hotel - I did say this is probably way too big for us, but clearly this is not the case. You never really know what you can achieved unless you try. God is good and he is certainly looking our for us and our cause. Angel
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:53 pm

oddball wrote:
s s

2) The Baby Orphanage/Medical Home need a new building. They have permission to build but need materials and labour. This is a massive project and I am not sure we can help but you never know God is good. So once again if you can help or have any ideas do please let me know g Projects for 2012 - Page 2 1069384364 :Projects for 2012 - Page 2 1931734156:

T:Thank you:Berni &
Dougie xx[/size]

I sent an email to the director of the Baby/Medical Orphanage and ask how they are getting on with the developments for the new build. I had a reply back (although is Google translated so not accurate) saying that there will be changes and one of those changes is that the municipality are moving the children to a new home. There are talks going on now. So it appears that they will not be in need a new build after all - This is great news but until we know the full version I just cannot be sure of anything apart from they will not need a new build. I asked the director to send a written update to me via our translator. So will know more than.

So thank you to Scunnered husband and Ivan from the the Bulgarian company who offered help with this project, you have both been fantastic but it now seem like we will not be going ahead after all :Thank you:for coming forwards to help us.
[size=200:2cxgqqt2]
HOWEVER, I do have another plan g I will share this with you shortly.
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Ok been waiting a while so what's your plan? I take it that it will be better than any plan Micheal Caine would come up with . Projects for 2012 - Page 2 739492727
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 8:05 pm

oddball wrote:
oddball wrote:
s s

2) The Baby Orphanage/Medical Home need a new building. They have permission to build but need materials and labour. This is a massive project and I am not sure we can help but you never know God is good. So once again if you can help or have any ideas do please let me know g Projects for 2012 - Page 2 1069384364 :Projects for 2012 - Page 2 1931734156:

T:Thank you:Berni &
Dougie xx[/size]

I sent an email to the director of the Baby/Medical Orphanage and ask how they are getting on with the developments So it appears that they will not be in need a new build after all

[size=200:245cj81b]
HOWEVER, I do have another plan g I will share this with you shortly.

[size=150:245cj81b]The new plan for this year and next years fundraising is as follows:

The funds we raise at the Garden Party this year and the funds we will raise from bag packing and any book sales etc here in the UK for the remainder of this year and also for 2013 will all go towards 20 sets of bunk beds for the Silistra Dimcho Orphanage.

Whilst we were in BG in May we look at what is needed next and we decided that the old metal bunk beds need to go and be replaced with new wooden ones. There are some wooden bunk beds there which are in pretty good condition but the metal ones are a bit unsightly but still useable and they will be passed on to another organisation. So we will work towards achieving this goal for 2013:

We asked a company who has factory in Villingrade to quote us for 20 sets of standard 3ft bunk beds with mattresses. but we were totally shocked as they quoted 18,000 lev. Hence we thought we could get quotes for a carpenter to build them to include storage drawers. I am now awaiting quotes, so if there are any carpenters out there please feel free to pm me with your quote. They are much cheaper here in the UK but of course we would then have to pay the transport over and 20 beds and 40 mattresses would take up a lot of space..

So there you have the plan - Lets see if we can make it a reality Angel
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:07 am

[size=150:oj0lmqx8]The new plan for this year and next years fundraising is as follows:

The funds we raise at the Garden Party this year and the funds we will raise from bag packing and any book sales etc here in the UK for the remainder of this year and also for 2013 will all go towards 20 sets of bunk beds for the Silistra Dimcho Orphanage.

Whilst we were in BG in May we look at what is needed next and we decided that the old metal bunk beds need to go and be replaced with new wooden ones. There are some wooden bunk beds there which are in pretty good condition but the metal ones are a bit unsightly but still useable and they will be passed on to another organisation. So we will work towards achieving this goal for 2013:

We asked a company who has factory in Villingrade to quote us for 20 sets of standard 3ft bunk beds with mattresses. but we were totally shocked as they quoted 18,000 lev. I have one or two quotes but would like a few more hence we thought we could get quotes for a carpenter to build them to include storage drawers. I am now awaiting quotes, so if there are any carpenters out there please feel free to pm me with your quote. 20 sets of wood standard bunk beds to fit mattresses 3ft and must have storage drawers and varnished also quote delivery charges

They are much cheaper here in the UK but of course we would then have to pay the transport over and 20 beds and 40 mattresses would take up a lot of space and all our transport funds........

Back to top Go down
stephen

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 8:46 am

I'm sure you will al do well on the day of the party so good luck to you.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:51 pm

oddball wrote:
[size=150]The new plan for this year and next years fundraising is as follows:[/size]

We asked a company who has factory in Villingrade to quote us for 20 sets of standard 3ft bunk beds with mattresses. but we were totally shocked as they quoted 18,000 lev. I have one or two quotes but would like a few more hence we thought we could get quotes for a carpenter to build them to include storage drawers. I am now awaiting quotes, so if there are any carpenters out there please feel free to pm me with your quote. 20 sets of wood standard bunk beds to fit mattresses 3ft and must have storage drawers and varnished also quote delivery charges

They are much cheaper here in the UK but of course we would then have to pay the transport over and 20 beds and 40 mattresses would take up a lot of space and all our transport funds........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:10 am

Have you tried contacting any of the companies that make these beds? 20 sets sounds to be a very tall order but knowing you I'm sure we will get there one way or another. Projects for 2012 - Page 2 570106603
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:26 am

bigsavak wrote:
Have you tried contacting any of the companies that make these beds? 20 sets sounds to be a very tall order but knowing you I'm sure we will get there one way or another. Projects for 2012 - Page 2 570106603

Morning BS hope you are well and life is good. Yes tried several companies but still coming up too expensive I also wrote to various outlets, but of course they all have their own charities they support an cannot help so thought the best way forward would be for us to fundraise ourself g starting at the Garden Party on 6th Oct. I have got several quotes from carpenters now which are more in line with our budgets and realists costs. The beds will be made to British safety Standards too. This will provide work for the carpenter and good quality beds for the children. g

Our friends Carole is organising a domino game at LaPa LaPa Bar in Sunny Beach and the half the funds raised will be donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Christine in Dobrich is doing car boot sales and whatever she raises will to the Silistra Orphanage. Our very own Willow is organising a quiz game and again some of the funds raised will go to Silistra. Dougie and I and hopefully a few more will be doing supermarket bag packing and once again the funds will go towards the beds. Plus our sponsors of Ourbulgariaforum for next year - so fingers crossed we get there, but God is good and he is looking out for us. Angel
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:07 am

]The new plan for this year and next years fundraising is as follows:

The funds we raise at the Garden Party this year and the funds we will raise from our bag packing and any book sales etc Dougie and I do here in the UK for the remainder of this year and also for 2013 will all go towards 20 sets of bunk beds for the Silistra Dimcho Orphanage.  this may even go on to 2014 as it is a big project.

Well here we are again with another fantastic project to work towards. I explained to Chris what our intentions are and he designed the following chart for us which is fantastic!  T Chris.  I am having the bunk beds make to British Standards by a carpenter in BG the cost is just under £6000 for 20 sets to inc absolutely everything drawers, mattresses, delivery.  Each square will represent a bunk bed at around 375lev ie one person can donate or 10 people to the one numbered square.  Once the square has reached the amount to buy a bed than that square is crossed off and we move on to the next one.  When the chart is full we will put all the name on and hing this in the Orphanage in honor of our donors.

We intended to start the fundraising from Oct Garden Party this year to go on to  next years Garden Party however, we seem to have started already Christine &
Lester Dobrich have been doing boot sale in BG and the funds raised will go toward one of the square below. seems like they will be able to buy a whole square themselves  Projects for 2012 - Page 2 2706089290 how fab is that!!!

So there you have it what do you think???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:51 pm

Hi Guys

The Delta Hotel Sunny Beach has been fantastic to us!!! I send 100's &
100's of email asking for support with a project to send our children at the Silistra Orphanage on holiday. I got lots of no replies and lots did not even bother to answer. Then I go a reply from The Hotel Delta say they would be happy to take all the children - I was gobsmacked as this was only a dream for our children, but now it is reality thanks to the Hotel Delta. Thank you a million times over for making a dream come true for many children!!. Last night I was told they were inspired by my project and have taken it one step further and now have another 62 children coming from 3 various orphanages. This is just amazing!!! We are totally overwhelmed at their generosity.

We will have a fun day for the children on Friday 31st Aug with Darren at Quest Magazine and Jonathan Taylor, so if you would like to pop along and support them plus meet the children please do. The more publicity we give the hotel the better. If you know of any reporters, radio stations or tv crews etc as BNT cannot make it now, please do send them along too. We can open up so many doors for children who are less fortunate than ourselves. Thanks a million guys for your support. Berni &
Dougie. The Bulgarian Orphanage Appeal
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Banner
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Here is an uppdate re the Hotel Delta Beach - the children are having a fantastic time...... g Projects for 2012 - Page 2 2706089290

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... anage.html
Sunny Beach Holiday for Silistra Orphanage
Sunday, 26 August 2012 07:20 Denise
User Rating:Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star Blank / 4
PoorBest
Deltahotel 200 180
On Friday 31st August we will be heading for nearby Sunny Beach to spend what will hopefully be a fun afternoon with the children of the Dimcho Debelianov Orphanage in Silistra. The Hotel Delta Beach have showed nothing but sheer generosity and support for the children by way of donating 2 weeks free stay at the hotel for the 40 children and 6 adults.

Earlier this summer we received a newsletter from the people who have been for some time now, the charitable driving force behind so many money raising events for the orphanage. They have become well known and greatly respected by those of us who know of them both in Bulgaria and the U.K. They are of course Berni and Dougie Leggett. They were both totally ecstatic about the news of the hotels donation.

As we live only 30 mins drive from Sunny Beach we decided to put our heads together and see if there was something that we could do to help. We emailed Berni to offer ourselves and between us we came up with the idea of going to Sunny Beach and maybe organise some games and generally have a bit of fun with the children.

I don`t think it will be as big as the Silistra garden parties which Berni and Dougie hold in September each year but the children are after all in Sunny Beach now with all the fun activities around them to enjoy, and their happiness is of the greatest importance.

If you would like to come along on Friday then we would love to meet you and we would appreciate your support. We expect to be there at @ 12 midday. Parking is available at the hotel .

Please or Berni and Dougie if you would like to participate on the day, we are open to any suggestions!

Unfortunately Berni will not be able to attend but Dougie will be joining us. For those who can`t make it then the main yearly event, the garden party at the orphanage in Silistra will take place on Saturday October 6th 2012.

Hope to see you there!
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 1:49 pm

Can someone go to that site and paste the article on here. g

Done!!!!

Last edited by 140 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed comments and confirmed info)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Projects for 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Projects for 2012

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next