Winter has arrived

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

Winter has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Winter has arrived   Winter has arrived Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Winter has arrived and the leaves are still on the tree's. The wood burner is being used more in the evenings as it's getting colder. Most of Bulgaria has had SNOW!!! We were forecast to have it here but so far so good, it hasn't reached our village. I want to know what happened to our gentle lead into winter. So the time of hibernation has arrived and I do enjoy this time of year with all the colours around the country side and keeping warm, even though this time of year can be very challenging its the time of year when your most likely going to see more of your neighbours and be invited to various parties and offered the odd glass of rakia as you walk through the village. I love this about Bulgaria what about you??????
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

Winter has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived   Winter has arrived Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Each year is always a battle to try and stay ahead of the winter weather. And each year we seem to get better at it. The heating system is working correctly, and we have plenty of firewood chopped but not all split. it's good exercise and can be done even on cold days. I do love the winter and the scenery is marvelous. I agree your saying sally about the kindness of folk in the village who often will beckon you to their door just to offer you something to warm you up either wine or rakia and I've even soup although I'm not so keen on that as its got lots of fat in it. I know that back in the uk we always complain about the winter but somehow being in Bulgaria the winter period is different from the uk in as much as even the coldest days are bearable and there seems to be something magical about the whole Christmas thing here although not celebrated in the same was as the Brits do. I know Bulgaria has lots of issues and problems but overall its a great place to live and the winter is something else so if its your first winter then it will be a real awakening but in a nice way.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Winter has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived   Winter has arrived Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Winter has arrived 2345823347 The snow just started as we left Bulgaria last week and it is bitter cold there now, villagers are telling me it is awful winter has come early :Winter has arrived 3897195628:

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

Winter has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived   Winter has arrived Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:40 am

It feels quite fresh but a little warmer today so not bad at all, just been for a walk and there are plenty of people about.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Winter has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived   Winter has arrived Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:03 am

The gardens in our village are being ploughed. Some with tractors and some with the old style plough and horse. All the gardens look so tidy. There is now a pleasant smell in the evenings of wood burners being lit. But as yet no frost to speak of :C:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived   Winter has arrived Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter has arrived

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1