altText

Arrived at last, but with sadness too.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scunnered
Scunnered

Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Empty
PostSubject: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:32 pm

We left the UK late Thursday 7th and arrived on Sun 10th. We've just got connected to the internet today.
Our journey was pretty uneventful, no problems at the Romania/Bulgaria border, except that we tried to go through the
diplomatic control by mistake!
Our two dogs came with us, Robbie a springer spaniel and Tansy a miniature dachshund. Their passports were never looked at.
As soon as we got to our house, we unpacked then took the dogs for a walk.
They were both full of the joys and loved all the new smells. When we got back, Robbie was sick once and then had diarrhoea. He had
breathing problems and then he went very cold.
We were able to get hold of a local vet in VT (despite it being 5pm on a Sunday evening) and we took him straight there.
Sadly, our beloved, faithful friend of 8 years died as we got there. To say we are devastated is an understatement. The vet thought he had been
poisoned. He died within 5 hours of our arrival. We have no idea what happened. He was a lively, healthy dog when we left the UK.
We only gave them bottled water to drink on the journey. Tansy is perfectly okay, although missing her friend.
I realise some people will say he was only a dog, but any dog owner knows they are part of the family.
Anyway, we have planted a little tree in his memory. Perhaps we will get a new companion for Tansy, but not yet. Arrived at last, but with sadness too. 927475117
Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:49 pm

So sorry to hear your bad news, it is very sad indeed, I know how you feel he was family and they mean so much to your life.I think planting a tree is very fitting.xx
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Mixed feelings Arrived at last, but with sadness too. 2706089290 :Very sad:Its very sad to hear after such a long Journey this happened I am so sorry for you and over joyed that you made it to your new home without any other problems lets hope you settle in OK . Good luck for the future and thank you for sharing this with us T
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:23 pm

good luck in your new home. sorry to hear about your dog. mine is my baby so i understand how you feel. :Sorry: Arrived at last, but with sadness too. 1430720830
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Ah we are so sad to hear of the loss of your friend. I say friend because that is what they are, they listen to your moans and groans yet always wag their tails. We lost both our Canine friends before we came over here but now we are happy to stroke OP's (Other Peoples) dogs as we found it too gut wrenching to go through the ordeals of loosing them.

Good luck with your new adventure, I'm sure it will work out OK for you.

Tony
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:05 pm

Arrived at last, but with sadness too. 1763269238

Hi Barbs thanks you for your post and especially at this difficult time Arrived at last, but with sadness too. 927475117. Really glad you got there safe and sound and all went well, but totally gutted for you both re losing Robbie what a dreadful thing to happen, he must have eaten something whilst out walking. So very sorry and wish we could help.. There has never been truer words than these
Death leaves a heartache no-one can heal, Love leaves a memory no-one can steal.

Take each day as it comes my friend God bless speak soon

Berni xx H
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Welcome to Bulgaria and please accept my condolences for you Dog/friend I'm sure you have a lot of memories which you can take with you into your new life.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Very sad to hear of your loss, most of us know what it is like to loose a beloved animal, they are part of the family. We brought our Chihuahua and our African Grey parrot to Turkey and they have both died in the first 3 years of us being here, to say we were heartbroken is an understatement, so we know how you feel. But we all have to pick up the bits and get on with life without them. We have since taken on 4 Turkish dogs, the last one only three days ago. She was what they call here a 'Street Dog' and had been neutered by the Dog Shelter here in Didim and is approximately 9 months old, she is a lovely dog and we are gently easing here into domestic life.

We have a sizeable garden and she spends most of the day out there, but she has no confidence in herself and we are working hard to re-establish her confidence and give her a loving home.

We sincerely wish you a good life in Bulgaria and hope you settle in OK.

c c
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Glad you made it to Bulgaria But what a sad story -

We bought our German Shorthaird pointer - a 9 year old "
puppy"
. He got stuck by some mystery illness 6 months after arriving here. We tried everything to help him - he even seemed to get better for a while, but it got the better of him - we eventually had to put him to sleep.

We never found out what was wrong with him. But so, so sad. You have my sympathy - what a nasty shock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 6:37 am

oddball wrote:
Really glad you got there safe and sound and all went well, but totally gutted for you both re losing Robbie what a dreadful thing to happen

Totally agree. Sorry to hear about Robbie. We lost our lovely German Shepherd dog last year after thirteen years and not having her around has left a huge hole in our lives.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
EllieMay
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:48 am

Sorry to hear your news. We drove over at the same time as you arriving on the 9th with our 2 little papillons. I know how we would feel in the situation so sympathise greatly. Hope Tansy is ok. If you see someone out in VT with 2 little paps say hello.

Thinking of you.
Back to top Go down
estars
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:52 am

Very sorry to hear of your loss :Sorry:

Wish all the best in your new life in Bulgaria.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:52 am

Nice that you have made it to Bulgaria and I'm sorry to hear of your loss but I'm sure you have a million memories.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 11:57 am

Thank you all for your kind words. We miss him greatly - it was like having a toddler around.
He followed me everywhere!
However, life goes on and we are now very busy in our "
garden."
We have planted the onions and potatoes and have sown
tomatoes, peppers, salad veg etc.
Never worked so hard in my life!! s
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Welcome to Bulgaria you enjoy what your doing and yes it can be hard at times but the rewards are great. Wasn't it you who was asking about growing Squash ?? s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrived at last, but with sadness too.   Arrived at last, but with sadness too. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrived at last, but with sadness too.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next