altText

which ones the enemy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

which ones the enemy Empty
PostSubject: which ones the enemy   which ones the enemy Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:57 pm

I am in the process of having a rockery waterfall built, which will flow into a pond liner. i will be putting terrapins in the pond ( summer only). but we have some frogs in the garden and they will head for the pond. been reading how to care for terrapins and they do eat frogs. however, the terrapins will be too small to take a frog on for several years. will the frogs attack the terrapins. T
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: which ones the enemy   which ones the enemy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:06 am

Not 100% sure, but I think even a little terrapin would be too large for a frog to eat. They mainly eat slugs and small insects.
We had terrapins when the children were small, and they grew to the size of a small dinner plate!
They can bite and are known to carry salmonella, so be careful.
Hope this helps, and good luck with them, they are very cute little animals. which ones the enemy 1430720830
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: which ones the enemy   which ones the enemy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:28 am

Scunnered wrote:
Not 100% sure, but I think even a little terrapin would be too large for a frog to eat. They mainly eat slugs and small insects.
We had terrapins when the children were small, and they grew to the size of a small dinner plate!
They can bite and are known to carry salmonella, so be careful.
Hope this helps, and good luck with them, they are very cute little animals. which ones the enemy 1430720830

Advice from the terrapins mouth so to speak which ones the enemy 1865348797(see avatar)
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: which ones the enemy   which ones the enemy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:33 am

Ha ha, that never dawned on me!! which ones the enemy 1865348797
The picture is of my tortoise Victor. He was bitten by a dog but lived to tell the tale!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: which ones the enemy   which ones the enemy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:41 am

Scunnered wrote:
The picture is of my tortoise Victor.

Very fitting, looks just like the one at the start of One Foot in the Grave with Victor Meldrew!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: which ones the enemy   which ones the enemy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:00 am

Yes, that's who he is named after.
My Victor could be a bit grumpy too! :mad:
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: which ones the enemy   which ones the enemy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:13 am

Scunnered wrote:
Ha ha, that never dawned on me!! which ones the enemy 1865348797
The picture is of my tortoise Victor. He was bitten by a dog but lived to tell the tale!

It is nice to have some fun and light hearted banter on the forum sometimes, :Thank you:instead of crime, criminals, fraud etc and perpetrators hinding behind aliases which ones the enemy 927475117
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: which ones the enemy   which ones the enemy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:37 am

Oi stop using my nick name in vain, I just cannot believe you people are saying that which ones the enemy 2381841692 which ones the enemy 2381841692 which ones the enemy 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: which ones the enemy   which ones the enemy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:02 pm

I don't belieeeeeeeeeeeeeve it either! which ones the enemy 2079180590
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: which ones the enemy   which ones the enemy Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 4:14 pm

D'you remember the clip on "
You've Been Framed"
or some similar program with a dog and tortoise? The tortoise liked the dog's food better than his own and bit the dogs paws till it backed off, then eat the dog's dinner! Slow? That one wasn't, it fair dashed at the dog quickly nipping each of it's toes!
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: which ones the enemy   which ones the enemy Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:57 pm

I had a tortoise once, my husband was building a mesh fence to keep it in the garden, but it escaped while he was doing the fence. all the neighbours joined in to find toby, easily identifiable by his dented shell but alas, we could not find him. which ones the enemy 927475117

two years later, a little boy knocked on the door with a tortoise in his hand. he asked if it was ours, and with the dented shell it was our toby. the boy was distressed as he had made a house and home for the tortoise he had found on the golf course, but the neighbours had told him they thought it was mine, bless, i did not have the heart to take it back from him, so toby found a new loving home. happy ending. H
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: which ones the enemy   which ones the enemy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 3:11 pm

starlite wrote:
I had a tortoise once, my husband was building a mesh fence to keep it in the garden, but it escaped while he was doing the fence. all the neighbours joined in to find toby, easily identifiable by his dented shell but alas, we could not find him. which ones the enemy 927475117

two years later, a little boy knocked on the door with a tortoise in his hand. he asked if it was ours, and with the dented shell it was our toby. the boy was distressed as he had made a house and home for the tortoise he had found on the golf course, but the neighbours had told him they thought it was mine, bless, i did not have the heart to take it back from him, so toby found a new loving home. happy ending. H

On the funny side knowing how long it would have taken your Tortoise to escape as they are very slow? I wonder if your hubby was equally slow which ones the enemy 2381841692
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: which ones the enemy   which ones the enemy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 3:28 pm

we have all heard of the famous fable, the hare and the tortoise. my hubby must have been sleeping like the hare. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which ones the enemy   which ones the enemy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

which ones the enemy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1