computer trouble.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

computer trouble. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

I am not very technically minded computer trouble. - Page 2 1069384364 but for the last few days my computer will not configure updates, so when i log off the computer loads updates and when i log on it takes ages to configure and then says failure. :Hair:

i have changed the date to an earlier time and that did not work. dont know what else to try. is this serious, any advice welcomed. g
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:30 pm

starlite wrote:
im on windows 7 and have avg security. g

In your case June because you were unfortunately given a counterfeit copy? when windows updates are downloaded it will send an update which specifically checks your windows license? the update they send is this one KB971033 so if you have already downloaded this update this maybe why you can't get any more updates as its been detected as being a copy? I don't advocate that anyone uses copies but in your case you are innocent and if it gets you out of a mess then don't allow this particular update to be installed. computer trouble. - Page 2 3386807041
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 8:28 pm

i got this computer last year in the uk, its a genuine windows 7, my partner bought a computer in bulgaria and that is counterfeit windows 7 because it tells him every day, yet he has no problems with his. computer trouble. - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:07 am

Windows Vista. Will probably leave as is. I get into trouble when I meddle. I thought updates were necessary. I have expensive Norton security which can also be a pain asking me to do a back up every 30 days.
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:29 am

If you have Vista then that's where you problems lie! Vista was released with problems which is why Windows 7 was released so quickly, Windows 7 is flawless and runs so well and so fast, as for updates you only need them because Microsoft say you do???? another thing that will slow your pc down is Norton which is resources hungry and wants to take control of your pc, you would be better off with something else like Avg which is a brilliant piece of software and you can get it fro free.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:51 am

therowfamily wrote:
If you have Vista then that's where you problems lie! Vista was released with problems which is why Windows 7 was released so quickly, Windows 7 is flawless and runs so well and so fast, as for updates you only need them because Microsoft say you do???? another thing that will slow your pc down is Norton which is resources hungry and wants to take control of your pc, you would be better off with something else like Avg which is a brilliant piece of software and you can get it fro free.

Spot on vista has had problems from the very first issue of it and its said to be the worst they ever produced. s
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks for that info. I bought my computer in 2008 in UK with Windows Vista installed which was probably why it was on offer! However, its okay for my use but I am not happy with Norton and its expensive. When it runs out I will install AVG which my daughter recommends. As for updates - I will just ignore. I thought things wouldn't work if I didn't update. Also, some give the impression they are free until you get to 'install' and then they can cost.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi Guys

I have a problem with 'Hotmail' I can receive emails and sometime I can reply using the same email but lately I am getting this message
Hotmail wasn't able to complete this request. Microsoft may contact you about any issues you report. It is so annoying as Ihave on several occasions pressed try again and lost the email so now I have to copy everything just in case. Any idea why I keep getting this message please.

Thanks a million

Oddy T
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:38 pm

The answer is simple Bernie...... Hotmail is rubbish computer trouble. - Page 2 1865348797 computer trouble. - Page 2 1865348797
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] that was helpful computer trouble. - Page 2 1865348797 computer trouble. - Page 2 1865348797 computer trouble. - Page 2 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Have a look here but your not alone there are lots of others having the same problem, just type the message you get into google and you will see what I mean g[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 405e3cfd73
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:31 pm

My more PC is not well :Very sad:Works fine until I log into SKYPE then it crashes. PC Dr 2moz
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 6:25 am

Have you looked here?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... y-computer
Bill
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Not to be taken serious computer trouble. - Page 2 1865348797

As we Silver Surfers know, sometimes we have trouble with our computers. I had a problem yesterday, so I called Eric, the 11 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control and asked him to come over.
Eric clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.
As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong ?
He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'
I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless enquired,
'An, ID ten T error ? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.'
Eric grinned .... 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before ?
'No,' I replied.
'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'
So I wrote down:
[size=150:29ptj2jm]ID10T
I used to like Eric, the little bas***d.
if you're not a Senior yet then send this to one... g
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 5:13 pm

willowsend wrote:
Not to be taken serious computer trouble. - Page 2 1865348797

As we Silver Surfers know, sometimes we have trouble with our computers. I had a problem yesterday, so I called Eric, the 11 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control and asked him to come over.
Eric clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.
As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong ?
He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'
I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless enquired,
'An, ID ten T error ? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.'
Eric grinned .... 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before ?
'No,' I replied.
'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'
So I wrote down:
[size=150:1kiccmuh]ID10T
I used to like Eric, the little bas***d.
if you're not a Senior yet then send this to one... g

Oh how do I know how you felt computer trouble. - Page 2 1865348797 computer trouble. - Page 2 1865348797 computer trouble. - Page 2 1865348797
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Go to control panel, select windows updates and turn off the automatic function. If anyone is considering a cleanup and wants to upgrade, may I suggest Windows 8..takes a day or two to get used to it, but it's worth it, believe me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: computer trouble.   computer trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

computer trouble.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next